Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing Heroes of Newerth?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Occasionally Fatal said:
And Parasite has the worst winning percentage in the game at the moment... although he was recently overtaken in this regard by Revenant I think.
!
I have a 100% win percentage with him.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Padre said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddaamg5zdkE

Looks pretty nice. Dash and jump mechanic are especially lulz worthy if someone can pull this off perfectly.

So they copied riots monkey king concept, gave him renektons dash, tristanas rocket jump and teemos move quick. Then added in a hurried "BTW we had this planned since BETA! We are in no way rippign anyone off! No siree!"

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
maintaining my 100% win, +k/d with parasite.

I played a game with emerald warden. motherfuck I sucked so hard. 2-16 or something. hero fucking sucks too so that doesn't help.

Padre

Liturgist
Well Monkey King's art design dates back to closed beta so I think it's coincidence that those two are released together.

As of yet Hon didn't have such a dash mechanic or this rocket jump you speak of so to me it's rather strange Riot just went and put 3 abilities that already exist in Lol and calling it a brand new hero. If a mechanic is good why not copy it. Lol copied vector targeting afaik didn't they?

Maybe go and ask Riot why they haven't copied observer mode and replay then?

Tried Revenant last night. Bitch is strong but needs good team coordination with his group invisibility to make some good ganks. Also don't put any point in ult until later on, other skills are much more powerful early and worthy of maxing.

Btw Zed, are you jungling with him? One time I played him I went mid with him and only used infest to kill a creep from time to time to heal up and get xp/gold. MSI used him as a jungler/roamer by infesting minotaur and catman for the stun/slow.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Uliminati the original Dota had an item called Monkey King Bar (which is the reason that character is being made for both other games) so I really wouldn't push plagiarism as the way it's working.

Zed said:
Occasionally Fatal said:
And Parasite has the worst winning percentage in the game at the moment... although he was recently overtaken in this regard by Revenant I think.
!
I have a 100% win percentage with him.

At what MMR? Interesting that MSI used him. I've been a victim of the minotaur running out of the woods for a stun before, but only a few people have done that. I would go ahead and guess he's just harder to play properly than say, the new lol-EZ-400GPM+-jungle-keeper. The most memorable parasite player I remember was a dude who was larping grand theft catapult. We lost, but at least it was entertaining.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I've actually had some success with him playing grand theft catapult. I build chalice > boots (Striders are actually nice on him since the bonus speed unlocks while you're in a creep, so when you pop out of it you can be at top speed even though you were just fighting in the creep a moment ago) > Sols > Abyssal. The idea is to show up for a team fight in a nice fat creep with lots of extra hp while tossing out nice auras during the initiation, and then clean up after all the nukes and shit have been cast. The catapult thing works nice though in that if you have the chance to steal an enemy catapult, they do a fuckton of damage to towers, it's a tanky unit that doesn't have to be killed now, and the movespeed, range, and magic immunity make it pretty impossible to gank you if you're solo pushing a tower with it. And outer towers go down really fast with a pair of catapults and sols beating down on them. Toss in the abyssal damage/armor buff on the creeps and anything goes down pretty fast.

Keeper definitely rofl stomps pubs, but all his trees go down pretty much instantly to a hero like pyro or tort, and he's just begging for a behemoth counter pick into an annihilation. Pubs just lose easily because they rarely even have 5 teleports on hand, let alone the braincells to use them with fortification and dust/wards to counter a push.

Teepo

Scholar
I only play LoL but Hon's Monkey King looks a lot more exciting then LoL's.

Lol's Monkey king is actually really boring and easy besides his ability to make a duplicate of himself. Otherwise, same old same old.

The nimbus cloud ult is fucking awesome. Too bad I won't be playing hon.

:x

Padre

Liturgist
So it turns out Drunken Master is coming out on friday too along with Monkey King.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yet9DZ5SZ0g

Looks quite gimmicky but might be really fun if you have a lane partner on skype.

Also about parasite, some moron thought it would be a good idea to put him mid against me playing succubus. He achieved a whooping 90gpm and some embarrassing deaths while trying to build nullstone. Don't really understand people who build it against Succubus. 4 single target abilities, just pick one you don't need right now and fire away.

Damned Registrations

Nullstone gets picked in all sorts of stupid situations. Best scenario is when the enemy's single target spells are few and all disables or devastating. Great versus glacius or bloodhunter or devourer etc. Or to counter kuldra. Retarded if the enemy is going to drop a TB/Vindi ult anyways and cancel all your nullstones for a fraction of an ult each.

Wonder what balance changes will be in the next patch. I'm guessing they'll tweak the bulwark but not enough to stop it being overpowered. I keep hoping some retard pushes through a buff to elder parasite. The item is already terribly underestimated and I'd love a good excuse to go stomping pubbies with it.

Padre

Liturgist
Well I like to pick up nullstone when I have Jera on the team. This way the enemy won't be able to purge Repel with nullfire.

As for balance changes I think bulwark will get a nerf. Hoping for a nerf to Kotf because those minions are too powerful right now in comparison to other minions.

Elder parasite is this pub trash tier item that nobody really picks up unless they are bad. I think it might be a good pick up once you have 2k+ life and a shrunken, otherwise don't bother.

Damned Registrations

People vastly overestimate the downsides of the EP. 15% extra damage is fuck all. It's the equivalent of switching your steamboots from STR to AGI during the early game, only instead of getting 10 damage/10 speed you got 100 speed, which is fucking insane. Over a 12 second duration that's another 7 attacks. Easily the difference between crushing a tower or having to back off because of respawns, or finishing off a pair of heroes during a team fight vs letting them each escape with a couple hundred hp. Nevermind the fact that for 1900 gold you get an item that, combined with a hatchet and axe on a melee hero, will let you sit in the jungle without losing a scrap of health or mana, while farming ~50% faster than you could with a helm of the black legion, which adds essentially nothing to your farming speed. And the movement speed bonus does more for chasing/escaping than a helm.

Whispering helm is better- provided you're using your creeps to stack creep camps constantly. And you're not. You got other shit to pay attention to. If you were that good you'd be playing with supports who do it for you anyways.

The only time EP is a liability is if you're a fucking retard and activate it before either team has initiated. If you pop it after the initial volley of stuns and nukes to run in and clean up, you're taking 15% extra damage from some shitty auto attacks.

Damned Registrations

Those are some pretty nice features. Too bad all the HoN casters are pretty shit. Would be nice to have someone who at least knew all the game mechanics off hand, and didn't try to give shitty insight based on his crappy understanding of the game.

Padre

Liturgist
Hon just went F2P with those who paid having legacy accounts and being separated from the non paid accounts.

Shit just got real.

Now Teepo you can try Hon and get owned :)

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Just watched the MK spotlight and I can say it looks alot more fun then the Riot monkey.

And it took em a while to go f2p, forumers dont seem happy about it.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
So what's the difference from the paid and non-paid accounts? Just seperating the players so they effectively halve the pool of opponents for everyone? What's going to be their incentive to make the F2P'ers shell out for an account?

I'd check it out myself, but the HoN webpage is being slow as fuck when it isn't crashing outright.

mugarod

Liturgist
Project: Eternity
well apparently people who paid for the game can access all heroes, while free have something like what LoL has 15 free heroes every week can buy new heroes with ingame curency. I actually just got Hon yesterday for 10$ so I am not sure if this move is kick in the balls or yay no more grind for heroes.

Padre

Liturgist
Well you just bought all heroes for ten bucks and a verified account. Would say it's a good deal, especially for 10 bucks.

I will be playing tonight. If any of you peasants (btw the new announcer pack actually calls you a dirty peasant at one point ) want to join me and learn something my acc names are ruchacz and padre. Add those and we will play later. Also, jon channel RPGcodex.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Meh, I guess I'll give it a try. Best-case scenario, a bunch of whiny 13-year olds will shout obsceinties until I find the mute/ignore all function.

Padre

Liturgist
Just type in /ic several times.

You can ignore all, team or both chats. And more often than not build in voip is a good feature, but I have seen it's much more frequently used on the US side.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Sounds good. I expect I'll end up using that command a lot from what I've seen of the HoN community on livestreams.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I mostly ignore people in ranked in LoL too :P

Well, that's a bit of a lie. I mostly premake with cool BROs. But ever since the EU server split, I've been stuck with retarded russians and polacks (no offense intended) while all the people I actually like playing with are on the EU west server.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom