Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta: Crown of the Magister Thread - now with Palace of Ice sequel DLC

Artyoan

Arbiter
Why the fuck are there so many flyboys in the expansion?
I don't know. I'm mostly happy with the new demons but I'd have liked one strong, grounded spellcaster yet. With AI that goes balls out on the player with whatever they have to cast.

Self-Ejected

Atlet

Self-Ejected
Vatnik
Artyoan, finished Solasta campaign, loved it, but it was piss easy, even on Iron Mode and suboptimal stats.

I want to try out a hard module. Which one do you recommend?

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Imo most buttons have uses both sincerely and ironically... what's fun at times is trying to sort it out. Like does someone like dogs, or is he saying I'm a bitch? :lol:
NG​
incline.png
LG
rating_prestigious.png
_________ :MCG​

LN
rating_prosper.png
_____
rating_brofist.png
______
cat.gif
CN
LE
rating_racist.png
________
rating_shittydog.gif
CE​
decline.png
NE​

rating_shittydog.gif
= CE, Undertale, Mephistopheles (Faust), puns, perish the thought, doggy, canine

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Imo most buttons have uses both sincerely and ironically... what's fun at times is trying to sort it out. Like does someone like dogs, or is he saying I'm a bitch? :lol:
NG​
incline.png
LG
rating_prestigious.png
_________ :MCG​

LN
rating_prosper.png
_____
rating_brofist.png
______
cat.gif
CN
LE
rating_racist.png
________
rating_shittydog.gif
CE​
decline.png
NE​

rating_shittydog.gif
= CE, Undertale, Mephistopheles (Faust), puns, perish the thought, doggy, canine

I like it, though I always think of LN more like this:
howdareyou.png
or perhaps this
kingcomrade.png

Self-Ejected

Atlet

Self-Ejected
Vatnik

Artyoan

Arbiter
Artyoan, finished Solasta campaign, loved it, but it was piss easy, even on Iron Mode and suboptimal stats.

You finished the main campaign? Try any of these: https://steamcommunity.com/id/aegisjas/myworkshopfiles/?appid=1096530

Do you recommend the 4 or 6-man party version of The Forsaken Isle's campaign? I'm looking for more challenging combat encounters.
Feedback has been that the 6-man versions are harder. If you're wanting challenging encounters I'd try those on scavenger at the outset.

Self-Ejected

Atlet

Self-Ejected
Vatnik

You finished the main campaign? Try any of these: https://steamcommunity.com/id/aegisjas/myworkshopfiles/?appid=1096530

Do you recommend the 4 or 6-man party version of The Forsaken Isle's campaign? I'm looking for more challenging combat encounters.
Feedback has been that the 6-man versions are harder. If you're wanting challenging encounters I'd try those on scavenger at the outset.

Do you have any specific recommendation to check in the Unfinished Business MM? I only changed it to allow the 6-man party.

Artyoan

Arbiter

Do you have any specific recommendation to check in the Unfinished Business MM? I only changed it to allow the 6-man party.
There is an option near that same setting for the 6 man override to 'allow all player characters to be involved in the narrative' or something like that. Which is worth checking because the 5th and 6th characters will be allowed to be tagged for dialogue roles.

Other than that there are a lot of subclasses, suggested spells, and feats that are worth trying eventually. Adds a ton of additional ways to play.

There is an option in there somewhere to speed up combat when you hold the space bar in single player which is worth increasing a little.

Not all that much is necessary but it's worth branching into it the more you play with the mod.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Boy they sure went all out to make Sessroth an annoying motherfucker. Beatable, but annoying.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
"New Horizons", still has that fantasy look. Those floating rocks feel a bit Sci-fi though. Low viewpoint, could it be a blobber?

Artyoan

Arbiter
"New Horizons", still has that fantasy look. Those floating rocks feel a bit Sci-fi though. Low viewpoint, could it be a blobber?
All of their annual teasers that I've seen are just shots of landscape. The 2023 teaser for Palace of Ice was similar, only showing divisions of different landscapes. I think it will be fantasy and the floating rocks made me think of the weirdness of stuff like the sideways library tower in Solasta. So I wouldn't be surprised if it is Solasta 2. But the caption either hints at a different fantasy setting, different location within Solasta, or a different ruleset. Or a combo of all those.

Shrimp

Arbiter
About half a year ago (I think) they had a survey where they were gauging interest levels for various types of RPGs, ie. how story heavy they should be, game length, replayability and so on. Personally I hope they keep the gameplay-first approach for whatever game they're cooking up next. Either way I think it'll definitely be something worth keeping an eye out for.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom