Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta: Crown of the Magister Thread - now with Palace of Ice sequel DLC

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Will you be picking up lots of sea-shells? :)
you will lose your equipment and will have to craft using buckets and even pumpkins. It will be a huge hit.
In next game of the series I foresee limiting this crafting system however and in 3rd scrapping it altogether.
After all this is what competition did

Artyoan

Arbiter
Open world survival crafting Solasta CRPG with D&D ruleset turn based combat and player-made instanced dungeons.

Thanks for the image, Myzzrym. Case is solved.

Artyoan

Arbiter
Tactical Adventures put out a survey as to a new print of their Solasta Sourcebook. Seems unlikely to be worth considering if the next game isn't using the setting.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tactical Adventures put out a survey as to a new print of their Solasta Sourcebook. Seems unlikely to be worth considering if the next game isn't using the setting.

Copy-paste or it didn't happen: https://www.solasta-game.com/news/175-into-2024-solasta-sourcebook-reprint-survey

INTO 2024 & SOLASTA SOURCEBOOK REPRINT SURVEY​

Hey there folks!

It's been quite a while, hasn't it? Just letting you know that the Tactical Adventure Team is still alive and kicking - working hard on our next project that we hope you guys and gals will love!

We can't really reveal much for now, but we'll share a little concept art for now :)

2024card-65c0b6f436ed1.jpg

While you wait for more news, we also have some more stuff for your Solasta enthusiasts! You were many to ask for it... and we are now looking to do just that. Would you be interested in a new print of the Solasta Sourcebook, with the addition of all the new classes and subclasses?

LET US KNOW HERE: HTTPS://FORMS.GLE/AC9CCC7AZBJQK9LE9

pxl-20211209-104317315-pinned-65c0b7255e6a5.jpg

Cheers,
Myzzrym

Artyoan

Arbiter
https://www.solasta-game.com/news/176-solasta-is-coming-to-ps5

SOLASTA IS COMING TO PS5!​

Hey hey people,

Get ready to welcome some new members to the Badlands, for Solasta is heading to PS5 tomorrow! It's been a long time coming, but it's finally here - so get ready to squash the Sorak menace in Crown of the Magister, to escape the clutches of the Dominion in Lost Valley and to defeat the Demon invasion in Palace of Ice!

All of that and more, as a plethora of quality and creative custom Campaigns carefully crafted by our community are readily available on Mod.io for you to download as well.

Solasta coming up on PS5

lightbringerps5-65d4a99a4c3a2.png

Additional Information:

• Resolution: up to 3840 x 2160
  • Framerate: up to 60 FPS
  • Online-coop: Yes
  • Dungeon Maker: Yes, download only
  • Cross-play: No

Alright folks, that's it for today! Thank you for reading, and don't hesitate to drop by our Discord Server to discuss with other Solasta fans!

Article by Tactical Myzzrym

Solasta to the ps5 tomorrow apparently.

Last edited by a moderator:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

Hey hey people,

Get ready to welcome some new members to the Badlands, for Solasta is heading to PS5 tomorrow! It's been a long time coming, but it's finally here - so get ready to squash the Sorak menace in Crown of the Magister, to escape the clutches of the Dominion in Lost Valley and to defeat the Demon invasion in Palace of Ice!

All of that and more, as a plethora of quality and creative custom Campaigns carefully crafted by our community are readily available on Mod.io for you to download as well.

Solasta coming up on PS5

Additional Information:

Alright folks, that's it for today! Thank you for reading, and don't hesitate to drop by our Discord Server to discuss with other Solasta fans!

lol, wonder what that crowd of peasants will make of it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.solasta-game.com/news/177-solasta-is-now-live-on-ps5

SOLASTA IS NOW LIVE ON PS5!​

Hey there adventurers!

Ready to roll the dice? Solasta is now live on PS5, available here. It's time to gather your party and head to the Badlands to slay monsters and grab loot!

How do I download & play Custom Campaigns?

1. Launch Solasta on your PS5 and open the Dungeon Maker menu
  2. Press the refresh button (△) and accept the Mod.IO terms of use
  3. Browse campaigns and subscribe directly to the ones you want to play
  4. (optional, if campaigns do not automatically load after a few seconds) Press the refresh button again (△)
  5. There you go!

Having issues, questions or simply want to hang out with other Solasta players? Make sure you head over to our official Discord server! Note that due to certain PSN requirements, Solasta multiplayer mode won't be cross-platform on PS5.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

Hey hey people,

Solasta coming up on PS5

Additional Information:

At least they'll be used to the shit graphics

Cohesion

Scholar
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Hey hey people,

Solasta coming up on PS5

Additional Information:

At least they'll be used to the shit graphics
@60 fps/4k HDR. Right? Right??

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
You're immediately confronted with the option to give characters a "they" pronoun, which has absolutely no impact whatsoever within the game. Other than that, not really woke.

A bit. Pronouns in char creation that aren't used in game and that is it.

These two posters are deceivers. https://solastacrownofthemagister.fandom.com/wiki/Love_Poem

Moonlight drizzled from your armor.

One room, face to face, our eyes met.

Art said sloppy as you draw near.

No man has shared you as I have.

Both our hands collide, as well as our lips.

The stars find sparks floating around to gasp.

Herald my pounding heart to calm.

He grabbed my beard and kissed my neck.

Pure Passion, one beast with two backs.

A gaze to make it all perfect.

I reach for my side, and you are not there.

In the night, I cried for my sweet Garrod.

Ragni Hammerpen

Imagine writing an RPG and thinking what it really needs is a literally-gay poem.

Meanwhile I'm beginning to learn the hard way that the people who said the game peaked with the Ruined Tower were likely right (in the Dark Castle right now).

Artyoan

Arbiter
Difficulty drops off in the last half of the main campaign. I only played each of them once and haven't revisited them.

I have no memory of that poem whatsoever.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Meanwhile I'm beginning to learn the hard way that the people who said the game peaked with the Ruined Tower were likely right (in the Dark Castle right now).
This was not quite accurate, the Dark Castle was just the nadir in terms of area design.

Overall I didn't mind it. It's true that many fights are easy, but I don't care about that and wouldn't want to play a tactical rpg where every fight is demanding. The Mind of the Master quest was pretty good though.

When it comes to 5e, I like short rests and its approach to Vancian casting where you get x number of casts per level and don't have to worry about the specific number of a specific spell. I have mixed feelings about concentration. I like the limit on buffs, but it seems pointless to cast them if sufficient damage can make them go away. A lot of these buffs are also rather disappointing; for a cleric, it seems far better to cast spirit guardians for free damage instead of one measly buff on one character. I like that Solasta includes an option to disable concentration but I imagine that works both ways.

Anyway, regardless of the flaws, I'm glad I decided to continue with it after playing 8 hours during the free weekend.

scytheavatar

Scholar
This was not quite accurate, the Dark Castle was just the nadir in terms of area design.

Overall I didn't mind it. It's true that many fights are easy, but I don't care about that and wouldn't want to play a tactical rpg where every fight is demanding. The Mind of the Master quest was pretty good though.

When it comes to 5e, I like short rests and its approach to Vancian casting where you get x number of casts per level and don't have to worry about the specific number of a specific spell. I have mixed feelings about concentration. I like the limit on buffs, but it seems pointless to cast them if sufficient damage can make them go away. A lot of these buffs are also rather disappointing; for a cleric, it seems far better to cast spirit guardians for free damage instead of one measly buff on one character. I like that Solasta includes an option to disable concentration but I imagine that works both ways.

Anyway, regardless of the flaws, I'm glad I decided to continue with it after playing 8 hours during the free weekend.

Buffs are way too powerful in past D&D editions and the fact that you are left feeling they are not worth casting is the whole point. You are actually forced to weight the tactical value of buffs vs other spells rather than to see buffs as free power. Look at the Owlcat Pathfinder games and players begging for Bubbles buff to be integrated to the games. Buffing has become a bunch of checkboxes, there is zero tactical consideration behind them. There's no "should I cast mage armor or grease?", only that you HAVE to cast mage armor and any leftover lvl 1 spell slots can be used for grease.

In the end what's the point of buffs existing? Since the only way Owlcat could challenge players stacked with buffs is to inflate the stats of the enemies. Buffs in earlier D&D editions exist only to drain resources from spellcasters and make them weaker.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Unfortunately, concentration only fixes the ridiculous amount of prebuffing you had to do in previous editions. The problem it creates, however, is that you are only ever using a single buff that is the "best in slot" for basically any situation (Haste). In the system I'm cooking up, buffs last for a very short amount of time (f.e. 3 rounds), so it's not feasible to cast them out of combat and to stack too many of them at once unless you commit multiple spellcasters to that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom