Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Ryzer

Arcane
Will weapons be jammed in this game depending on their durability or not?
It would be cool seing the jamming animations of the new sci-fi tech.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Will weapons be jammed in this game depending on their durability or not?
You think Todd will make it harder for his unicellular organisms to shoot stuff? Really? Can you imagine a Todd fan encountering a jamming situation: "uhhhhh why is the shiny stick no go boom? I wanna see numbas in color above bad goy but the shiny no want go boom."

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Is Starfield a Roleplaying game?
First we must define RPG.

Matt-Levelling-Up.jpg

Last edited:

Drakortha

Liturgist
I could kill anyone I didn't like in Fallout: New Vegas. There were no exceptions.

Max_FNV.jpg

Also Yes Man, Gun Runner vendor, and Lanius/Oliver (essential during battle of Hoover Dam if you're on their side).
So like 3 NPC's? nice job.

In Fallout 4 there are more invincible NPC's in one meaningless settlement than there are in the entirety of New Vegas. The ratio is like 1000/1 if you try to compare both games so don't even bother.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Well, looking at the Starfield info... turns out the problem solved itself for me: my trusty toaster can't even run it. :hahano:

DAS RITE, Starfield's min reqs are actually far higher than Cyberbug77's, even AFTER the Phantom Libbytits addon. No surprise here tho, as FO4 also had higher reqs than Twitcher 3 while looking like an Xbawx Threeshitty launch title. Coding is just not Bethesda's core skillset... neither is writing actually.

This time it's even less of a surprise tho, as they are now owned by Microsoft, and they suuuure want to peddle their Xseries or whatever it's called. Incompetence meets marketing in a perfect union. "It just works." :salute:
That is not the reason since achieving whole 30 FPS on Xbox Series X is not a way to get people to buy that console for this game.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Should Starfield be considered as a game or just experience?
It's a recreational pastime governed by rules and systems which determine outcomes. That's a game.

Of course the real answer is that the label isn't important; what's important is whether you derive joy from it.
There are different kinds of joy. And not all joys are joyful. Eudaimonia is real, brother. We need proper ways to achieve that, just like Platon said. RPG ways.

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
I guess that's why Bethesda's design philosophy is to give the player as many options as possible, and as much as you may or may not dislike their writing, characters and world building, they do give you the options to do mostly what you want.
Also...it is only a game after all :roll:
I couldn't side with the raiders at the start of Fallout 4. I couldn't murder Preston Garvey, either. The only choices you really get to decide on is what color to paint your power armor or what weapon to use to shoot things. Wow, so many options. Thank you Todd!

I could kill anyone I didn't like in Fallout: New Vegas. There were no exceptions. I could side with or betray anyone I wanted from beginning to end. This was a big part of what defined your character.

In Starfield it will be the same type of bullshit choices they gave players in Fallout 4. Want to be a sneaky player? or a shooty player? or a settlement player? Which of our game systems do you want to distract yourself with, today? These are the choice on offer. And whatever crap, garbage, and shit story and characters they came up with they will shove down your throat in their nonsensical and retarded game world.

Because Bethesda don't make believable and immersive game worlds. They make theme parks filled with "distractions". Where "player choice" just means what ride do you want to get on today, Timmy?

bzKAcxm.jpg
Dude, you shitpost so much here, I thought you actually had some taste. And now it turns out you like shit like Fallout New Vegas. Which is literally a Fallout 3 mod with a lot of words. I am disappointed.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
I am unable to watch this at the moment. Perhaps there might be something worth sharing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom