Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Turn_BASED

Educated
C4-DD9321-7-D71-49-AD-BFC6-CFC4351761-F3.jpg

Last edited:

Kiste

Augur
Facial animations are OK but body animations during dialogue look like Disney World animatronics. Running animations look retarded as well. The whole fucking game looks like a 15 year old engine that is creaking under the strain of having semi-modern lighting, volumetric fog and high res textures bolted to it.

Exploration, which was maybe the one redeeming element in past Betheshit games, has been reduced to:
See that planet over there? You can fast travel there. [loading screen]
See that continent down there? You can fast travel ("land") there. [loading screen]
See that random POI over there? You have probably seen it 5 times before.
See that mountain over there? You can jetpack there.... ok, maybe not. [invisible wall]

But at least the game has a day/night cycle so it's gonna be GOTY for retards like Drakortha and Late Bloomer.

Last edited:

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Damn the optimization is so bad.

In New Atlantis? You shouldnt be having any issues other than the city.
I haven't even left the starting area, I just killed the pirates. On max settings I'm getting like 33-50 fps which is worse than any other game I've played, even good looking games with ray tracing.

What are your specs? I have tested on three rigs of varying quality and they all performed fine except for some areas in New Atlantis. I checked a few youtube lets plays and they all dipped fps in the same couple areas.

i've not seen anyone go into depth about this. how big is the main planet (guessing there is one) i doubt its even as big as e.g skyrim's world or any fallout world? Does it only work as a hub and then you have to travel to other planets to see a little content here and there. that sounds super annoying. i can absolutely see myself playing it if there's perhaps 2-3 planets with similarly sized worlds as Skryim, but i find it unlikely, i bet its small hub worlds, but i don't know because its not really explained in reviews.

It's a strange system. A planet will have points of interest that are marked on the map you can point your ship towards (fast travel) to. Once there, you can open your local map (also your compass) to see all the points of interest within that area. There are unmarked locations as well. As for the other methods of exploring, you can land your ship anywhere on a planet, not just the pre-marked areas. When you land at a random, unmarked location on a planet you will be given your own version of that planets procedurally genereated landscape with procedural points of interest.

The thing about comparing it to Skyrim or Fallout 4 is, none of the planets will have that same level of detail and care. You won't be able to land on a planet and have a Skyrim adventure. You will be landing on multiple planets, some will have handcrafted areas (main quests, faciton quests, companion quests), most will be procedural. It's a much different game than Skyrim. It's been a mixed bag so far. Oh, and most NPC's are negroes and mutts.

paying for this shit should be an automatic trigger for banning

whoever preordered is the scum of the earth
getting downrated by a fellow avatar from a gothic game - Inhabitants of Khorinis that is peak faggotry

i still pine for the world that could have been, if only gothic was more commercially successful than morrowind
You don't understand. Saint Todd is saving the west with Starfield. Unlike Swen the Devil with his degenerate DnD sex simulator. We have to buy Starfield to fight the poz.

Now I know what some might say. How is Starcuck any different from Baldur's Gunt. There's too many niggers and foids in power (the horror!!!) and I'm sure someone is about to find a troon here and there.

Some might go even further, and object to the mere idea of looking at vidya gaymes through a cultural war lens and finding it fucking retarded to use games as the measure of "The Decline of The West(tm)"

All I can say to that is SHUT UP AND TRUST THE PLAN. BUY STARFIELD NOW AND SAVE THE WEST TODAY!

MightyWorm

Barely Literate
Real question is why Bethesda keep naming their Games RPGs. This is obvious since Skyrim that Todd Howard's team dont even want to bake RPGs. They just want various walking sims with a hook to convince players to explore cause they think typical player is toi dumb or lasy tondo it by himself, like a donkey with a carrot and a stick.
Just stop pretending making RPGs, call that open world action/adventure with useless survivals elements, be honest ffs.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Played for a while. There are so many loading screens, however the loading time is very short, so short it makes me question whether it's a bethesda game. On my computer, Fallout 4 has longer loading time than Starfield.

They improved a lot on the companions, now they have their special dialogue options, you can let them do the talking. They also have reaction during your conversation with NPC, and NPC will react to the companions talking as well.

The companions also comments on a lot of things, too many sometimes. If you walk too fast they start a new comment before even finish the last one.

Trithne

Erudite
So I'm occasionally putting a stream of someone playing it on for background noise while working, and he stole a ship that just happened to land near him on a planet somewhere. Had contraband on his previous ship, so figured he could use this other ship to get offworld and avoid the cops in orbit.

It teleported his cargo onto the new ship. :retarded:

TheDarkUrge

Educated
Is this game even worth the 90gb torrent if I have a datacap? I expected it to at least have something going for it but I don't really see any positivity for it anywhere lmao. :dead:

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
game is so fucking blurry I wanna throw up after playing for an hour

edit: nvm figured it out, it was downscaling the resolution, I had to fiddle with the settings to disable that, get rid of the film grain, dof and motion blur effects and now it actually looks good

Last edited:

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The reason why the, practically speaking, negative reviews for Starfield are suspect is because Bethesda has become a very fashionable target and is not accorded any 'cover' because they have failed to ingratiate themselves with the liberast journalists the way Larian has with all the depraved and insufferably 'on trend' current-year garbage in BG3.

Maybe Starfield is bad, but if the review scores for it are low that won't be why.
We don't need to suspect, we be shitting on bethesda for decades now.

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
All this political shitflinging... you realize a game can just be shit without having to care about the political opinions of games journos (which have literally never mattered ever)? Modern Bethesda games are all goyslop that barely manages to exist on the plane above Call of Duty, FIFA, Far Cry and Ass Creed, you either embrace it and chow down on the contents of the trough they have supplied to you or you don't. Not everything has to be a culture war political statement.

Disclaimer: I have played Fallout 76.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
The game is just a loading screen fest. Fly to system (loading screen) land (loading screen) disembark ship (loading screen) enter building. (loading screen) You spend more time in the menus than you do playing the damn game. There's no sense of scope of wonder from exploration because it's just selecting things from a menu. (with the worst UI design of any Bethesda game)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom