Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Late Bloomer

Scholar
My experience summed up with a single picture of an NPC.

intothestarfield.jpg

Steezus

Savant
Patron
don't know why people would expect anything else but fallout 4 in space. it was pretty obvious based on the presensation footage.

People screech this again and again ITT. The issue is not that people somehow expected something better than FO4 or Skyrim. It's that this is such a massive step back, that it makes FO4 look like a competent game. At least from the few hours that I experienced, but I don't imagine it gets better.

ind33d

Learned
don't know why people would expect anything else but fallout 4 in space. it was pretty obvious based on the presensation footage.

People screech this again and again ITT. The issue is not that people somehow expected something better than FO4 or Skyrim. It's that this is such a massive step back, that it makes FO4 look like a competent game. At least from the few hours that I experienced, but I don't imagine it gets better.
fallout 4 will be like watch_dogs 1, everything after it will be so much worse that it will retroactively become good

darkpatriot

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

From what some people have said, the game pulls a Final Fantasy XIII and starts off slow but opens up and gets better like 15-20 hours in.

Which, if true, seems like a really odd design change for Bethesda. Who typically open everything up and let you do what you want after a fairly short tutorial area.

One thing I will be looking to see if I can verify the weekend, if I play 15 to 20 hours.

Last edited:

Old Hans

Arcane
3090 on highest settings at 4k with fsr2 lololol. barely 30fps. FSR2 barely does anything to framerate.
im convinced its dx12. directx even number releases always sucked. all the good directx releases are odd numbers. 5, 7, 9, 11. so by my calculations directx 13 will be the next good one

Sòren

Arcane

u are complaining about a company - as u admit urself - that has producing shitty games for over 12 years (longer, in my opinion, but doesn't matter).

who is the retard in this constellation, really?

Steezus

Savant
Patron

fallout 4 will be like watch_dogs 1, everything after it will be so much worse that it will retroactively become good

Bro, isn't like every Final Fantasy shit? lol

Steezus

Savant
Patron

u are complaining about a company - as u admit urself - that has producing shitty games for over 12 years (longer, in my opinion, but doesn't matter).

Still you apparently, because you suck at reading.

Sòren

Arcane

Still you apparently, because you suck at reading.

i don't know what kind of imbecile u are, really. maybe u should talk to a doctor to get that figured out.

Steezus

Savant
Patron

Really going out on a limb here using big words like imbecile with that spelling, my man.

ind33d

Learned
The amount of nogs in the city is astounding. A lot of them have white people hair too. It's like they aren't even trying. Just put black people in the game. Uh, how many sir? All of them! More! More!

88A8F2B94089CFEFA3919DF0A2A24D4BD712A84C
Space Abos huffing rocket fuel
people are now referring to the product as "cottonfield"

i like starfield but that's too good of a joke for me to be upset

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Answer the most important question, can you build completely pointless shacks that don't add anything to the game? Inquiring minds want to know.
I'm getting to this point now. Seems like you can build outposts on planets that help you scan it for locations and resources, build mining equipment and manufacture stuff and build defenses. So I'm guessing the outposts are going to be attacked by pirates and somesuch. You also seem to be able to connect the outposts. So yeah, Fallout 4 settlement building in space.

Sòren

Arcane

Really going out on a limb here using big words like imbecile with that spelling, my man.

okay, let me place an educated guess WHAT kind of imbecile u are: u will continue to complain about the game for over 100s of pages, even if u need to pay for it.

Perkel

Arcane
3090 on highest settings at 4k with fsr2 lololol. barely 30fps. FSR2 barely does anything to framerate.
I'm not real technically adept and call me crazy but WHERE are these power demands coming from?
My current modded Fallout 4 looks better than this.

I have absolutely no idea. Literally Outer Worlds look better than this. What's more shocking is amount of filters. Like someone saw F3/FNV and said: "Yeah triple amount of filters". Even worse is how everything is tonemapped. Literally everything is crushed. Red looks more like gray-red.
Dropped details from ultra to high and got 20% more fps and game literally looks the same.

And this is not even open world game, loadings are everywhere like in F3 lol.

Vic

Savant
The robot companion is funny.

> Do you know any human jokes?
> I am looking at one.

Wondering if Vasco has a personal quest too.

Perkel

Arcane
Wanting to play 4K in current year is just retarded. You won't hit 60 even with high end hardware on most new releases. Issa scam.

at 1440p it barely does 50-60fps on fucking 3090.

For comparison at 1440p i can run Cyberpunk2077 with all bells and whistles + path tracing raytracing at ~40-50fps which looks lightyears ahead of it, has no loading screens, humans look like humans etc.

:prosper:

Vic

Savant
Just found a little note that is similar to the emails etc. you find in Fallout where they explain a little back story of what might've happened. In this case they found a lost colony ship, the report said that somebody sabotaged the fuel tanks and they lived for several years stuck on that ship drifting in space and slowly devolved and started eating each other.

I see the potential for these things they did with the Vaults for abandoned ships and space stations etc. Also the environmental story telling seems to be good so far from what I've seen.

Old Hans

Arcane
I'm not real technically adept and call me crazy but WHERE are these power demands coming from?
My current modded Fallout 4 looks better than this.

I have absolutely no idea. Literally Outer Worlds look better than this. What's more shocking is amount of filters. Like someone saw F3/FNV and said: "Yeah triple amount of filters". Even worse is how everything is tonemapped. Literally everything is crushed. Red looks more like gray-red.
Dropped details from ultra to high and got 20% more fps and game literally looks the same.

And this is not even open world game, loadings are everywhere like in F3 lol.
do shadows still draw in 10 yards in front of the player, like fallout 4. I remember having to mod the game to be rainy and foggy all the times because the shadow draw-in was so front and center

Gargaune

Arcane
TLDR: This time, the lies ain't so little and they ain't so sweet.
Doesn't matter, still will sell like hot cakes.
Oh, absolutely, anyone who thinks Starfield won't steamroll BG3 needs to lay off the crack pipe. And hell, what's in the game might actually be fun, you've already got Codexers saying they're enjoying themselves, but this time Todd's been exceptionally egregious with his "embellishments." By all accounts, the whole "space exploration" facet is more of a silly little minigame on the side, like that Grognak tape you could play on your Pip-Boy in Fallout 4.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom