Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Stellaris - Paradox new sci-fi grand strategy game

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
It wasn't the mongols I can tell you that much, the khan expanded to a mighty 3 systems before getting ROFLSTOMPED by the imperium.

Also in retrospect i'm starting to wonder if this isn't actually mod related. I was using mostly mods i've known for years but could be some of them have including new dumb stuff since my last run.

Ravielsk

Magister
It wasn't the mongols I can tell you that much, the khan expanded to a mighty 3 systems before getting ROFLSTOMPED by the imperium.

Also in retrospect i'm starting to wonder if this isn't actually mod related. I was using mostly mods i've known for years but could be some of them have including new dumb stuff since my last run.
Sounds like the Katzenartig Empire from the Gigastructures mod. You have to disable that at the start of the game otherwise they always devolve into pure cancer.

you must play with very easy settings, because in my games, default (but 2000 stars and 30 players), i had to remove them since they fielded multiple 150k fleets when the strongest could muster a total of 20-30k, so they steamrolled anyone for decades until the khan died of old age. only rarely they stomped on some fallen empire's foot and be bitchslapped.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
you must play with very easy settings, because in my games, default (but 2000 stars and 30 players), i had to remove them since they fielded multiple 150k fleets when the strongest could muster a total of 20-30k, so they steamrolled anyone for decades until the khan died of old age. only rarely they stomped on some fallen empire's foot and be bitchslapped.
Naah, fleet power isn't the issue. The AI gets stuck in a cycle of sending a transport fleet towards a planet, then calling it back.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik

Stellaris Dev Diary #349 - A Storm is Brewing: Announcing Cosmic Storms​

A phenomenon is sweeping across the galaxy.​

STELLARIS_Logo_CosmicStorms_Shadow.png

I’m excited to announce that Episode 2 of Stellaris: Season 08, the Cosmic Storms mechanical expansion, will be released alongside the Stellaris 3.13 ‘Vela’ update on September 10th, 2024.

Note: Tooltips shown in the video were from a development branch that has already been updated, more info next week.

Dark Clouds Gather ...​

For some time we have been unsatisfied with the Space Storm that currently exists in Stellaris. Cosmic Storms gave us the opportunity to revamp the system entirely, providing a deeper experience with strategically meaningful gameplay and beautiful upgraded visuals.

With this expansion, eight new storms with varying positive and negative effects are set to spiral across the galaxy.

We’ve also added a new weather map mode for forecasting these storms and predicting their motion, with technologies and buildings to attract, repel, or with an Ascension Perk, even create storms.

image (25).png

... But Every Cloud Has a Silver Lining​

Storms may pass through your planets with intriguing effects, leaving behind a changed landscape or unearthing long buried treasures.

image (22).png

"Burn Fast and Die Radically - That's Always Been Our Way"​

What's life without the rush?

Other empires may obsess about heinous things like economy and population. The Storm Chasers have long since mastered the challenges of their homeworld. The time has come to blast off screaming into the void.

At last, a whole new opportunity to shred the limits of experience!

image9.png

Embrace the Storms​

Prepare your empires to weather the cosmic tempests with three new Civics, each offering unique strategies to harness the power of the elements.

image8.png

The Corporate, Hive Mind, or Machine Intelligence versions of these Civics require access to their Authorities - MegaCorp, Utopia, and either Synthetic Dawn or The Machine Age, respectively.

image2.png

Uncover the Past​

Embark on a journey through the annals of time with two new Precursor Event Chains, each offering a glimpse into the ancient history of the Stellaris universe. These chains weave tales of civilizations long lost to the cosmic winds, with untold secrets buried beneath the stars.

image5.png

Stellaris: Cosmic Storms includes:​

• Cosmic Storms that ravage the galaxy
  • Storm Chaser Origin
  • Civics
    • Planetscapers
    • Astrometeorology
    • Storm Devotion
  • Two new Precursor narratives, with two new Relics
  • Events, Anomalies, and Archaeology Sites
  • Storm-related technologies, Edicts, Galactic community resolutions, and an Ascension Perk

Dev Diary Schedule
Aug 15Announcing Cosmic Storms
Aug 22The Storms and their Aftermaths
Aug 29Storm Chaser Origin, Civics, and Precursors
Sept 53.13 "Vela" and Cosmic Storms Release Notes

Cosmic Storms can be purchased as part of the Stellaris: Season 08 Expansion Pass, or as a standalone purchase for $12.99 (regional pricing may vary).
It is also included as part of the Stellaris Expansion Subscription

image6.jpg

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
No, they started using ai generated content now. Also 40k warp storms the dlc. Now just to wait what their version of the eye of terror will be.

Alpharius

Scholar
Just let it die. It was never that good to begin with.
[drunk posting]
I think it had potential at version 1.0 or something. Like if they'd made colonies easy to cripple\sterilize & hard to capture in land invasion, like in MoO2. And probably also decreased the default habitable planets percentage & remove the retarded europa universalis fort-like mechanics and bring back the manually built defense stations(as it was in 1.0). It could have become more interesting. Like you'd have to think about which systems to defend and how much of your fleet could you dedicate to attack when at war. Assuming the AI could become not completely retarded, though seeing what the current AI does perhaps its too much to ask.

Ofc its probably too overgrown with dlc features now for any structural changes for the better. :negative:
[/drunk posting]

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
i miss when we could build fortress anywhere in the the system, so you would usually put then right on the hyperplane approaches and surrounding main planets.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Installed Stellaris today. I've been watching that game since it first released, biding my time and waiting for enough content to release to sink my teeth into. It is time.

i used to devote entire systems to defense. unfortunately all the best stuff from 1.0 has been axed. i so damn loved influence wars, conquring systems without a single shot fired. but paradox couldn't write a three lines script to force 2/3 of the engines through ftl inhibitors, so pull this, pull that, half the game had to be put down. fuck paradox, everything is shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom