Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones - a Lovecraftian Computer RPG

Jinn

Arcane
I got my key via email two days ago. Wish it was out now.

Sorry you haven't gotten yours yet, Grauken-bro. Have you tried contacting them at all?

Codex Year of the Donut
https://steamcommunity.com/games/779290/announcements/detail/1580124947765947604
Are you ready to take this forsaken journey? Release time revealed!
One more day until Stygian comes out!
6fcb836c6e755edb7dea707d1a6bd36d08b236a6.jpg

We are just one day away from the launch!

Are you ready to take this forsaken journey? There is no going back from this road...

Here is the exact time when you can start your journey (if you are up to it):

10am PT/7pm CEST

City:

London - 6pm
New York - 1pm
Moscow - 8pm
Warsaw - 7pm
Tokyo - 2am (27th of September)
Beijing - 1am (27th of September)
Los Angeles - 10am
Rio de Janeiro - 2pm
Istanbul - 8pm

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex

Beowulf

Arcane
https://steamcommunity.com/games/779290/announcements/detail/1580124947765947604
Are you ready to take this forsaken journey? Release time revealed!
One more day until Stygian comes out!

We are just one day away from the launch!

Are you ready to take this forsaken journey? There is no going back from this road...

Here is the exact time when you can start your journey (if you are up to it):

10am PT/7pm CEST

City:

London - 6pm
New York - 1pm
Moscow - 8pm
Warsaw - 7pm
Tokyo - 2am (27th of September)
Beijing - 1am (27th of September)
Los Angeles - 10am
Rio de Janeiro - 2pm
Istanbul - 8pm

Well, bugger.
I'll be well beyond the acceptable state to savour the game by that time.

Bros, be good bugtesters and post your struggles (if any should arise) here.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Do we know if there are only damage spells or utility spells as well?
I'm going to make a sneaky occultist so I would kinda need to know if there are ways to control (like mind control an NPC, or put him to sleep, or frenzy etc) the situation instead of just sneaking around or killing people.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hello everyone, to shed more light onto the whole "the game is not complete" issue. The game is complete. It has beginning and end. Majority of character arcs as well as story lines have beginning and end, however the overarching story itself ends on a cliffhanger. It is true that the game has 15+ hours of gameplay but it is also highly replayable due to decisions made during dialogue, gameplay and of course different combinations during character creation that also change how your experience your time in the city of Arkham. The whole story as developer already stated is 50+ hours but being completely honest here for an indie studio with limited resources to make a 50+ hour game that is a quality one, in a timely manner is close to impossible...

Yosharian

Arcane
Hello everyone, to shed more light onto the whole "the game is not complete" issue. The game is complete. It has beginning and end. Majority of character arcs as well as story lines have beginning and end, however the overarching story itself ends on a cliffhanger. It is true that the game has 15+ hours of gameplay but it is also highly replayable due to decisions made during dialogue, gameplay and of course different combinations during character creation that also change how your experience your time in the city of Arkham. The whole story as developer already stated is 50+ hours but being completely honest here for an indie studio with limited resources to make a 50+ hour game that is a quality one, in a timely manner is close to impossible...
Wait what? So the game is not complete?

I just bought this for 20 bucks...

Yosharian

Arcane
To be clear I've got no problem with it being a 15 hour game (drowning in games right now anyway) but if it's not finished that's a different matter...

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
So game will end in situation that works as sequel bait.
Not a big deal and systems and reactivity in game is probably complicated enough that 15-hour game is within capabilities of 1st time game developers that aren't drowning in money.
I never expected for this to be a 50-hour game.

Not a big deal and systems and reactivity in game is probably complicated enough that 15-hour game is within capabilities of 1st time game developers that aren't drowning in money.
If I understand correctly, that's 15 hours for a single playthrough. There's bound to be much replay value in this. Of course i could be misunderstanding their statement.

Yosharian

Arcane
Meh. As long as it's not one of those 'game ends halfway through' type of cliff hangers

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

anyone else hoping we will be able to somehow use custom avatar/portraits?

It's not open in the game folders, and as far I know, it's difficult to mod that into Unity engine games if it isn't.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom