Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones - a Lovecraftian Computer RPG

Mortmal

Arcane
have some good ideas, but the implementation is currently a little off.
Good ideas and a little off ? Oh no best roleplay elements since fallout, maybe better, awesome writing incredibly atmospheric , really best thing since arcanum without any irony .Then bordeline unplayable and unfair combat with slowness, unresponsiveness, cluncky menu and mechanics. A pain to target, sometimes it makes you loot when you just want to move your character, sometimes it just freeze. The borked save system doesn't help especially when your last save was 3 random encounters ago .
Its so infuriating, so brilliant yet so ruined...

PrettyDeadman

Encountered a bug.
I started investigation of a stabber. After I got a letter from a man Outsider wants to talk to me.
At first I couldn't talk to him at all (it showed he wants to talk but when you click on him he says some random bs and dialogue window doesn't open).
After I reloaded I was able to talk to him. But after I chose any option - the dialogue closes and he refuses to talk about that topic (there are no options). Yet it still shows he wants to talk with me.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If you have the rifle equipped needed to make the crossbow, make sure you remove it first. If you don't the rifle get stuck and you can't remove or replace that weapon, and it seems to transfer to other characters. So if you placed it in combat slot 2 nobody seem to be able to use that slot, or change weapon in that slot.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Finished the game. The game has one of the most erupt endings I have ever seen. Like what the fuck? Where is the rest of the game? The last segements of the game feel extremely rushed and are incredibly tedious to play if you are not specced in a certain way.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Finished the game. The game has one of the most erupt endings I have ever seen. Like what the fuck? Where is the rest of the game? The last segements of the game feel extremely rushed and are incredibly tedious to play if you are not specced in a certain way.

Maybe I rushed with the purchase. I don't really do day one purchases, but the demo was really cool and I fell for it.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

Maybe I rushed with the purchase. I don't really do day one purchases, but the demo was really cool and I fell for it.

I rushed with the purchase too and now I regret it but not because of the money 25$ is nothing. I regret it because the game really feels like it was cut in half with a cleaver. Imagine you order a steak from a restaurant and when the waiter presents the dish to you he shows a cleaver and cuts half the steak and takes it away!

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

bUt It Is loVEcrAftIan!

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
have some good ideas, but the implementation is currently a little off.
Good ideas and a little off ? Oh no best roleplay elements since fallout, maybe better, awesome writing incredibly atmospheric , really best thing since arcanum without any irony .Then bordeline unplayable and unfair combat with slowness, unresponsiveness, cluncky menu and mechanics. A pain to target, sometimes it makes you loot when you just want to move your character, sometimes it just freeze. The borked save system doesn't help especially when your last save was 3 random encounters ago .
Its so infuriating, so brilliant yet so ruined...

Also another minor but infuriating thing as someone who does UI design.

Why does the quit option not have a confirmation pop up? That's the one that exits without saving.

Comte

Nice glad I didn't cave and buy this. It looks really interesting though.

Yavuz

Novice
Big question, I've done everything I can possibly do in arkham, but can't find the radio parts in the warehouse, I've killed everything and hovered my mouse over every box, including box 311, wtf

Side note, I'm assuming you get something later in the game to pry chests open, because I can't do it with a crowbar

Use a lantern.

Sinatar

Arbiter

Didn't the developers come out a week ago and literally say the game is unfinished and they couldn't put everything they planned into it? Am I imagining that?

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Didn't the developers come out a week ago and literally say the game is unfinished and they couldn't put everything they planned into it? Am I imagining that?

They did indeed say that. They implied the game ended on a neat cliffhanger, but others are reporting differently.

Guess they bit off more than they could chew.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron

They did, and it was excused by "Well, it's Lovecraft".

Mortmal

Arcane
Excused by who ? Kickstarter should have been delivered in 2017, and its an half of a game delivered in 2019....Really a shame they dont get a real budget to finish it, 70k is ridiculously low .

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm going to wait a few weeks to play this properly.
Me too. I'm glad to see that Scrawled and the team are scrambling to get feedback on the big issues. I don't like the "release day isn't really release day" culture we live in today, but that's not Cultic's fault. Anyway I backed this years ago, I don't even remember the money any more, I can wait a while longer.

And to be clear, I love this game.
love.png
Thank you Scrawled for making it at all. Looking forward to the patched release(s).

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Excused by who ? Kickstarter should have been delivered in 2017, and its an half of a game delivered in 2019....Really a shame they dont get a real budget to finish it, 70k is ridiculously low .

In this thread, and on the Steam forum. Part of the Lovecraft experience that things go unsolved.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Part of the Lovecraft experience that things go unsolved.
No offence, but this is shittiest mentality/excuse to go, especially (if I remember correctly) if we consider that not all Lovecraft's books was ended with cliffhanger.

It's understandable to normal people that sometimes shit happens and "dream project" can't be fulfilled to fullest. No need for excuses.

Egosphere

Arcane
K need help.

How do I get into the spectre house? I don't know the answer to their last question. I went to talk to the indian, but he just attacks on sight, so I ran away. I've met Keelan and seen him killed. I thought Horatio will give me more info if I finish his quest, but he just gave me the same info as the catatonic girl.. Am I missing something? Do I have to buy a book or something to find the name?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom