Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Talking to yourself is not normal

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I read his post, taking some time to think about my response. I wasn't sure if I should try to make light of it or if I should contribute to the actual topic. Rusty didn't always make it easy. His tastes were eclectic but not always in a way I approved of. And the constant outpour of slights directed at Europeans didn't help make matters easier.

Those were my initial thoughts. There were a few more but I don't want to get into them as that would be too much work for a simple shitpost. So I decided that maybe I'll write this. Of course I had no idea how it would be received but at the very least I hoped to make someone grin at best, or at least annoy them. With my resolve duly steeled and this intention firmly in mind I began to concoct my reply.

Last edited:

Norfleet

Why does nearly every protagonist talk out loud to themselves now? Who thought this was a good idea?
Does the protagonist actually talk to himself, or is that just the sound of his internal monologue? Check to see if his mouth is moving. People who lack an internal monologue are NPCs. The protagonist can't be an NPC, obviously.

Ezekiel

Arcane
There were earlier games, but I think it exploded with Nathan Drake. Yes, he actually talks to himself. His lips move. It is stupid, isn't it? Obviously it's done because the developers are afraid the players will get bored with just sound effects and music. Same reason there is so much walking and talking with NPCs now.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I talk to myself all the time at work, it helps me formulate calculations and keep my mind in check at the task at hand when there's multitasking.

:love:

Elttharion

Learned
The only time I enjoyed a protagonist who talked to himself was while playing Days Gone. The main character goes full schizo when you are killing zombies or raiders. Instead of someone trying to be funny or quirky he sounds like a guy going insane, mumbling and shouting to himself like a psycho. It also helps that the VA is very good and he is not an unlikable character like the chick from Forspoken or the one from Horizon.

Naraya

Arcane
I talk to myself all the time at work, it helps me formulate calculations and keep my mind in check at the task at hand when there's multitasking.

:love:
Of course. Especially if you live alone you talk to yourself all the time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom