Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate The Baldur's Gate Series Thread

garren

Arcane
Patron
That dude sounds so gay. I can't listen to this my ears actually hurt. :lol:

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Does Gaider remember how to memorize spells?.

What's he up to these days anyway? Why did he leave a shit studio for oblivion? Some of his work was good (HK47). At least where he was, there was a small chance he would create something half-decent.

I don't know if working in Canada makes you a full SJW, but I remember him posting about how Stephen Fry was cancelled by the libruls, and how they had gone too far.

So as I say; a small chance he might have done some good.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Lilura can you go in details about what you did and didn’t like in BG3 gameplay? I’m kinda BG1 purist myself, but liked what I saw during PAX reveal so it’s interesting to check on your opinion.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
In case someone's missed this.

What kind of cuck celebrates Irenicus? He was a good villian who deserved to be dismembered and decapitated. That's it.

Now Skeletor from the He-Man cartoon - he was a great villian. I don't think there's any writing talent that could pull it off, but if they made a RPG with Dungeon Keeper's tone: where you play as a Skeletor type villian out to steal all the loot and get all the wenches. Something with a bit of comedy and wickedness. That would be awesome.

I've even got an idea: your start off as a skeleton who died in a dungeon romp. Your party betrayed you. Maybe you have to re-assmble yourself like Morte. So you start with the indignity of crawling around as a low-level scrub, with the aim of becoming an all powerfull lich or vampire in the future. Preferably something with a working cock. Then off to get some revenge and conquer the world...

Can't be that hard.

Ninjerk

Arcane
In case someone's missed this.

What kind of cuck celebrates Irenicus? He was a good villian who deserved to be dismembered and decapitated. That's it.

Now Skeletor from the He-Man cartoon - he was a great villian. I don't think there's any writing talent that could pull it off, but if they made a RPG with Dungeon Keeper's tone: where you play as a Skeletor type villian out to steal all the loot and get all the wenches. Something with a bit of comedy and wickedness. That would be awesome.

I've even got an idea: your start off as a skeleton who died in a dungeon romp. Your party betrayed you. Maybe you have to re-assmble yourself like Morte. So you start with the indignity of crawling around as a low-level scrub, with the aim of becoming an all powerfull lich or vampire in the future. Preferably something with a working cock. Then off to get some revenge and conquer the world...

Can't be that hard.

Even better to be the guy in the Hellraiser movie that escapes hell and convinces his old lover to murder people to reconstitute his body.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I'd never read lilura's blog before but I took a look at the BG1 mod page: https://lilura1.blogspot.com/p/bg-mods.html

Some further notes on BG1 mods:

some components of CoMForgev101 will not install correctly if you try and install it after applying Plainab's Fixpack (may also be incompatible with Dudleyville fixes). I installed ComForge101 before installing the Fixpack and haven't had any errors but haven't done any testing to see if those components work.

There's a component in Plainab's fixpack which breaks some quests

2WM6uZ1.png

This component will prevent certain dialogues from firing, as there are a handful of enemies that initiate dialogue while hostile by default.

For example this prevents the Half-Ogre Arghain's dialogue from firing in AR4400 that will result in the spawning of his allies when he 'ambushes' you, causing you to miss out on the XP and items from those kills etc.

If you use this fix pack (which I am now for the first time), I'd recommend removing the above files from the override folder.

DraQ

Arcane
Soon:
"They find your body thread and give it new life."
Also series.
:smug:

I'd never read lilura's blog before but I took a look at the BG1 mod page: https://lilura1.blogspot.com/p/bg-mods.html

Some further notes on BG1 mods:

some components of CoMForgev101 will not install correctly if you try and install it after applying Plainab's Fixpack (may also be incompatible with Dudleyville fixes). I installed ComForge101 before installing the Fixpack and haven't had any errors but haven't done any testing to see if those components work.

There's a component in Plainab's fixpack which breaks some quests

2WM6uZ1.png

This component will prevent certain dialogues from firing, as there are a handful of enemies that initiate dialogue while hostile by default.

For example this prevents the Half-Ogre Arghain's dialogue from firing in AR4400 that will result in the spawning of his allies when he 'ambushes' you, causing you to miss out on the XP and items from those kills etc.

If you use this fix pack (which I am now for the first time), I'd recommend removing the above files from the override folder.
Modders gonna mod.
:swen:

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Modders gonna mod.

I've made a mistake of starting Big World Project with "all mods there is in existence" repack, 6 years later I still haven't even finished the BG1 story

I on the other hand finished BG1 like six times, but never actually got to finish BG2 even once with BWP.
I'm almost similar. Finished BG1 far too many times, but I've never finished BG2(ToB). I finished BG2 but not ToB. Anyways, I restart my character way too many times.

I don't do mods, btw. I think the EE's are fine for me.

Archwizard Hank

Learned
Modders gonna mod.

I've made a mistake of starting Big World Project with "all mods there is in existence" repack, 6 years later I still haven't even finished the BG1 story

Take my advice and burn it down. Never look back. Don't even get tempted by the prospect of going back and finishing more of it.

the only things that await you in Big World are pain, confusion and unintentional amusement

zapotec

Liturgist
What about conjuration spells? That's the ultimate tool of white male cis-wizards for enslaving sentient creatures.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture

Good Drow were already in BG2. Solaufein was Lawfull Neutral and after he helped the party it was very possible for him to become LG.
I much prefer the old way of the drow, where the influence of Lolth condemns them as a race to be evil, but there is the good god of Eilistraee that offers them a way to overcome their birth and become good.
Made for much more interesting storytelling than whatever the hell they are brewing up now.

https://frc.fandom.com/wiki/Eilistraee

DraQ

Arcane
The moment that any drow ceases being lame, one dimensional stereotype only worth of being erased from the face of multiverse - retroactively - is the moment when they slowly rise out of the gutter, shake their head in confusion, then head back inside the cornerclub for another round of sujamma.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom