Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

Echo Mirage

Arcane
The word is that they will be patching the game sometime on the 9th. Just in time for RK47 's second play through.

:troll:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
The word is that they will be patching the game sometime on the 9th. Just in time for RK47 's second play through.

:troll:

Nikaido is wrong about something though.
The ending didn't enrage me one bit.
I didn't have meltdown about it - only a 'meh-down' as I turned off fraps and quit the game, got dressed for work and shut down the PC.

Will do the real end tonight where I had to 'hold off from doing too much damage because it might bug the raid and piss off the guild' until they patch this MMO.

:lol: What a fucking amateur hour.
It wasn't even an exploit. Considering I only did one Thousand Cuts per member.

Lhynn

Arcane
Volourn
Why must you make big posts? half the stuff you say i want to brofist, the other half is so retarded i want to kick your ass.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Considering time cost for DA2 it made pretty good coin. It also outsold most other BIO games including the precious BGs and even NWN which was BIO's most successful game prior to DA1. As for expansion cancellation, that was dumb. An expansion is cheaper and they may have bena ble to garner some good will if they did well.. Afterall, NWN OC got (unfairly) bashed but they made 2 expansions for it which were more well received (though SOU is overrated). The same easily could have happened with a DA2 expansion.

As I understand they were making other projects at the time, maybe they just figured that dedicating more resources to them would be a bigger payoff than trying to salvage the critical dud that was DA2.

set

Arcane
It could also be people at EA are trying to save face. They could be aware of their notorious reputation for fucking up devs they buy and want to break the curse.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Why must you make big posts? half the stuff you say i want to brofist, the other half is so retarded i want to kick your ass."
\
That's because half the stuff I write that's 'retartet' is quoting morans and the smart stuff is my absolute genius self.

Plus, brofists are for crybabies who need need others to like them. I'm beyond that pitiful shit.

set

Arcane
"I must go now, before it's too late."

If you're writing this and it's not a joke, you know you've already failed.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
:retarded:
enlighten me with one Biowares game(excluding DAO) that sold more than 4 mln:lol:

goal for Dragon Age is Elder Scrolls numbers
:retarded:
just because you keep repeating it doesnt make it true.

EA are fucking greedy jews but they are not complete idiots. You really believe that they looked at Bio`s resume : ~1mln sales, 2 mln, 1.5 mln, 3 mln, 1.5 mln, 3 mln, 5 mln, 3 mln, 2 mln, 4 mln and told them "your next game better have that 17+mln sales or we will be very disappointed"
:hahano:

Dead Space 3 sold like shit for AAA title and EA did not hesitated to "restructure" them:lol: Bio had that shitty streak of TORtanic, DA2 and ME3 ending and yet in 2014 they have 3 games in development:M

You keep re-framing the argument, which is tiresome. Do they need to sell 20 million to be a success? No. Would 4 million be disappointing? Yes.

When Skyrim sells what it sells and EA spends a ton of time and money crafting a much more Skyrim-like game from Bioware, in a climate where EA themselves freely state they need their big franchises to sell huge numbers or else, it's not fucking rocket science to say selling the same as Origins or DA2 would be disappointing. I mean FFS EA said Dead Space 3 had to sell at least 5 million copies to survive, as reported here: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/EA-Says-Dead-Space-3-Has-Sell-5-Million-Survive-43629.html

No one said 4 million would result in Bioware closure, no one said it has to be 20 million or bust. I said 4 million would be disappointing for this game, because it would be.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
Here are those patch notes.

On November 18, we released Dragon Age: Inquisition to the world. Since then, the team has listened to feedback and is working towards the first of an ongoing series of patches and feature/content updates in an effort to support your DAI experience.

As a live service, we wanted to let you know about our strategy moving forward. Here’s a brief outline of two initiatives we’re working on, in order of priority.

Priority 1 – Patches

We’re committed to providing long-term gameplay and stability improvements. We have already released a Day 1 Patch, and in December we will release our second patch. We expect the patch to roll out on PC, PS3, PS4, and Xbox 360 on December 9, 2014. We are working hard to get Patch 2 out on Xbox One as soon as possible.

Patch 2 is focused on stability, but does include numerous improvements and fixes across the board. Full patch notes will be available soon, but generally Patch 2 includes fixes to:

• Stability – Various crashes, freezes, audio/voice glitches, and many stability improvements.
  • Gameplay – Conversations, quests, plot states, combat, UI, camera, controls, follower/enemy AI and path finding, exploits, radar, and search.
  • Multiplayer – In addition to some of the gameplay improvements listed above, multiplayer fixes also cover areas such as animations, game mode bugs, stat reporting, and stability/crash fixes.
  • PC – Numerous control & UI fixes, fixes to some hitching, improved Mantle performance, graphical glitches.
Beyond Patch 2 we’ll continue to release patches that focus on gameplay improvements. We’ve already lined up a number of improvements and fixes we’d like to include in Patch 3, and of course we’ll continue listening to you to make sure we’re addressing your concerns.

I wanted to call out a few specific topics as well, as they relate to patches:

• Keyboard & Mouse controls – Patch 2 includes the first range of fixes towards addressing the feedback we’ve received on the PC controls; it cleans things up so you’ll see fewer problems with the current layout. This gives us a more stable base upon which to work. After Patch 2 goes out, our next priority is to improve the PC mouse/keyboard controls further. We’re investigating how to expand on PC usability and functionality to address specific requests from the community. Keep an eye on this thread by Mark Darrah for more updates.
  • Some people have reported problems with party banter firing. To find out more about how the Banter System works please go here. We have also identified that in some edge scenarios, banter isn’t firing as often as we’d like, so we’ll be increasing the percentage chance of it happening. This increase will come after Patch 2.
Priority 2 – Features and content

As massive as Dragon Age: Inquisition already is, there were some things the team wanted to get in at launch, but we just ran out of time. We’ll be creating these new features and content and adding them into your game over time because we love our DAI players. Multiplayer will also be receiving regular content updates.

In closing, I’d like to thank you for your patience. We appreciate your feedback, so keep it coming! We’re going to keep working on these patches and content while you’re off adventuring in the world of Dragon Age. In the meantime, please visit EA’s help website for the latest workarounds and updates.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
". I mean FFS EA said Dead Space 3 had to sell at least 5 million copies to survive, as reported here: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/EA-Says-Dead-Space-3-Has-Sell-5-Million-Survive-43629.html

No one said 4 million would result in Bioware closure, no one said it has to be 20 million or bust. I said 4 million would be disappointing for this game, because it would be."

Your link proves your point is wrong. EA states Dead Space 3 needs 5 million sales. Not 20 millions. They also state that about DS3 not DA3. If they stated outright what DA3 meeded to sell at minimum to 'survive' you'd have a point. You don't so you are blowing smoke. DA2 sold 3milish copes yet the series managed to survive that. Stop bullshitting. EA knows what they need. They'll determine the minimum. Not some random moran on the internet.

crawlkill

Kill all boxed game owners. Kill! Kill!
How do you incorporate that into the next game for each player? Unless DA4 is going to be table missions: the game.

Something like "table" missions would be part of it. I'm sure you'll have to interact with the new Pope sometime and it will be like the Warden mission. Maybe an elevated version of that.

With unadulterated bullshit of course, same as it ever was.

You know, I'll probably have a lot of fun with this game when I get round to playing it a few years from now. I always ignore my companions, aside from quest-creation, and the main plot in Bioware games (the few that I've played) and I can just have fun doing something autisticly pointless, like Hinterlands completionism. You might, rightly, laugh and jibe at such pointlessness but most games have that kind of shit and I couldn't imagine it being any more autisticly dumb than playing Path of Exile for 2 hours a night, 5 at weekends.

at least PoE-type games have a reasonable skinner box thing going on, and the fact that there's a competitive angle. single-player games need much more aggressive treadmills for that or, like, why not just cheat? DAI's is a total failure. I barely upgraded any gear the whole second half of the game because I'd already gotten the best shit around. I stopped caring about where I spent my points long before the end because all my characters' actionbars were full and they had all the passives useful to them.

if you're gonna play Inquisition, I recommend rushing the main plot, and probably just cheating. there are a few interesting moments. if I'd just played through the main game in 10 hours or whatever and not wasted 90 more on all the completely meaningless side bullshit, I'd've merely been mildly disappointed and not seriously pissed. there are much better games to just dick around in. like, any action game ever.

Last edited:
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
For the record, you can speed run through the War Board missions by setting the clock in the corner of your screen (put the DA:I application into windowed mode) a day forward each time you assign your three advisers missions. It turns the War Board annoyance into a mildly compelling mini-game.

crawlkill

Kill all boxed game owners. Kill! Kill!
For the record, you can speed run through the War Board missions by setting the clock in the corner of your screen (put the DA:I application into windowed mode) a day forward each time you assign your three advisers missions. It turns the War Board annoyance into a mildly compelling mini-game.

I did this. it still wasn't compelling, and the game still didn't have any consequences for it. and the one chain with that party of adventurers in your tavern you send out still bugged out, so they ended up dying imprisoned because the warboard mission for them didn't show up. bugs in a game of this size are forgivable, but it's hilarious that the one warboard mission actually connected to talking NPCs you could meet and repeatedly interact with--ie, one of the few I felt any investment in at all--bugged out such that they all died in a cell somewhere. completely cleared the board and nothing of any consequence came of it except for the offscreen miserable death of a few NPCs.

not that I ever HEARD that they died in a cell. because there was no real fucking epilogue.

Franny Frogpill

Educated
Found a refreshingly reasonable review on IncGamers. Their summary:
Rubbish controls, dull combat, and a general sense that it's not quite sure what it wants to be, let down an otherwise entertaining and regularly amusing world-saving romp. 6/10

I stumbled across IncGamers a couple of days ago when they complained about DA:I's PC controls. Does anybody know something about them?

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

I recently played some other game where that trick worked (can't recall which one, though), and I can't believe that some games still rely on the system clock for such operations.

dryan

Arcane

I recently played some other game where that trick worked (can't recall which one, though), and I can't believe that some games still rely on the system clock for such operations.
Want a better way to artificially pad the length of your game?

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

Want a better way to artificially pad the length of your game?

Nah, it's ok, I'm a storyfag and I know it's a lost cause.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
I am story and casual oriented gamer (except muh strategy/tactical games) too but even for me DAI is just too faggy to touch.

RK's LP more than satisfy my curiosity about how meh the game is. I can't really see myself playing this game at all, unless with mods, cheats and just for shits and giggles (but again, RK's LP has that spot pretty much covered).

Echo Mirage

Arcane
Smudboy uploaded a video talking about DA:I for those interested. He hasn't played it but he is doing a Q and A with a friend that has.

Now to wait a few years for him to get around to taking the story apart. And to reap the Biodrone butthurt when he calls their favorite romance and character crap.

Last edited:

hell bovine

Arcane
"The OC was sub-par, but I think Hordes is superior to Dragon Age: Origins."

I wouldn't go that far. Lots to love about Hordes, but I'd still give the edge to DA1. Maybe.

Hordes has the advantage of being an expansion, and therefore much shorter, so even though it's mostly combat and exploration, it's fun combat and exploration. It's a bit annoying that there were forced to cut the funniest ending from the game, though.
DAO is overstuffed with hordes of boring enemies (those underground roads or the fade), and the big bad is just another evil lizard you slay to make a new pair of boots.
Both have some amusing evil options, but selling your annoying companions to the devils in Cania wins, in my opinion. :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom