Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

Lhynn

Arcane
"Why must you make big posts? half the stuff you say i want to brofist, the other half is so retarded i want to kick your ass."
\
That's because half the stuff I write that's 'retartet' is quoting morans and the smart stuff is my absolute genius self.

Plus, brofists are for crybabies who need need others to like them. I'm beyond that pitiful shit.
I still want to kick your ass you cheeky asshole.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
nomoar.jpg

:lol:

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
How can anybody play this shit, it's not even worth pirating.

There are some people who have bad tastes in games. There are also others that will tolerate the most shitty Open World game just because they enjoy that genre.

AKA, guilty pleasures.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

There are some people who have bad tastes in games. There are also others that will tolerate the most shitty Open World game just because they enjoy that genre.

AKA, guilty pleasures.

Rubbish controls, dull combat, and a general sense that it's not quite sure what it wants to be, let down an otherwise entertaining and regularly amusing world-saving romp.

:gd:

Banal shit boring in Codex speak; judging from vids its not even funny to play as hiking simulator cause of shit combat, dull landscapes and MMO busy work locking story fag contest which is at best decent.. At-least in Skyrim you could skip boring parts and do what you enjoyed most; Biowaste: making even badass Inquisition boring and soulless grind. :badnews:

P.S. Potato Lords should better deliver some lulz with Twicher 3 or they will be liberated next. :russia:

Last edited:

AKA, guilty pleasures.

Rubbish controls, dull combat, and a general sense that it's not quite sure what it wants to be, let down an otherwise entertaining and regularly amusing world-saving romp.

:gd:

Banal shit boring in Codex speak; judging from vids its not even funny to play as hiking simulator cause of shit combat, dull landscapes and MMO busy work locking story fag contest which is at best decent.. At-least in Skyrim you could skip boring parts and do what you enjoyed most; Biowaste: making even badass Inquisition boring and soulless grind. :badnews:
what mode did you use in Skyrim to skip those boring parts? Uninstall.exe?
:troll:

Gondolin

Arcane
Ah, I get it. You weren't supposed to kill the bad guy until The Cinematic Spot TM. I feel the emotional engagement, brothers!

What I dislike most about Bioware's games (ME and DA) is this constant stroking of the player: oh, we couldn't do it without you, the whole universe will die without you, I'll follow you anywhere.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Eh, I just can't believe how much they have failed to engage me over 40 hours.
I'm just doing tasks, completing it, next!
Oh? Need more power? Seal more rifts.
Continue! Kill, kill, kill.
Let's stop and talk.
OK, what's your problem? OK, fine, let's fix that.
Table missions! Do this, do that, and that. OK! See you tomorrow.
Next day, collect table rewards, walk around Skyhold, ask everyone how are you doing on this fine day in Thedas?
Got any quest? No?
OK, head to main quest.
Blah blah blah, Corypheus Blah blah, blam blam blam thousand cuts. OK Cory's on the run.
We go temple OK.
Blam blam blam blam.
We really showed him!
Blah blah. Oh my Altar will show you power.
Morrigan's Mom is vessel of Goddess! THIS IS IMPORTANT, PLAYER!
Sure, whatever. Blah blah, tame dragon, thousand cut, 50% HP blah blah mastered dragon.
Head back, click on last mission.
Blah blah. I RAN OUT OF IDEA WILL SMASH U.
Thousand cut. Oh wait bugged.
Slowly dps.
Blam Blam
O U WIN!
I am not surprised I won.
Oh ... HOW ABOUT!!!! SOLAS IS ACTUALLY ELVEN GOD! AND HE WILL RETURN AND PLAY PART IN DA4
I don't care.
REALLY?! HOW CAN YOU NOT CARE AND STILL FINISH THE GAME! COME ON LOOK FORWARD TO DRAGON AGE 4! BE ANGRY! WHY ARE NOT ENRAGED?! DO YOU NOT FEEL BETRAYED BY SOLAS?!
No I am very happy I finish the game so I can forget about it. There are no more questions I want answered in Dragon Age Universe.
Forget about it. There's nothing here worth seeing or doing . Whatever plot twists you've pulled are not even engaging.
And whatever lore rape you've committed raised little concern. It's your poo. Go build a sandcastle, whatever. I don't read your books for the lore. I read it for EXP. Table missions that did nothing but hand out candies. So amazing. So wow. So meaningless.
Thanks for the broken combat abilities so I can skip your shit action game.
This is perhaps one of the worst Bioware I have ever played.
I jumped on the Multiplayer and no, I don't see myself playing more than an hour in there.
There's just no way this is better than ME3 Co-Op.
Amazing, you have more time to get it right than the ME3 Co-Op team and you still fucked up.
I guess the Combat Engine fucked you over.
Thanks a lot. I hope you are proud of yourselves, Game of the year indeed.
I will forever remember 2014, DAI as the worst GOTY I ever played in my life.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Game of the Year and not a single eyebrow was raised. At first they were just casual gamers playing RPG lites, but now it seems as though the number of RPG lites and dude bros has grown large enough to displace the true role-playing genre entirely. Remember guys, the first RPG was Fallout 3 and the best is Mass Effect 2. History will remember it so.

I now have a fairly sound idea of what it is like to be Cleve.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Game of the Year and not a single eyebrow was raised. At first they were just casual gamers playing RPG lites, but now it seems as though the number of RPG lites and dude bros has grown large enough to displace the true role-playing genre entirely. Remember guys, the first RPG was Fallout 3 and the best is Mass Effect 2. History will remember it so.

History is written by the winners.

This also means that the winners can change and history as written can also be changed. Codex, you know what must be done.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

The first Western RPG was Oblivion, come on now.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

I can't even properly google anything related to Fallout 1 or 2 without getting buried under an avalanche of Failout 3 related shit. Millions of people praising this pos over and over and discussing every single aspect of it. :x

But maybe I'm just too dumb to google, who knows. ^^

Yeah, wished gaming was still a niche activity, can't stand all the couch zombies and their awesome button games.
"But I'm in it for teh storey! It's engaging!!!"
"Go shoot yourself."

pippin

Now people should do the appropiate thing and give Nosferatu guy a Hitler moustache.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Could someone smarter than me please explain what the hell Corypheus
attempted to accomplish with his one-man attack on Skyhold at the end? Did he need the player's Mark nearby to open another breach or what? Since when did he get the power to levitate rocks, and why did he decide to do that?

And did the Inquisitor even kill him, or simply banish him to the Fade? The player's autodialogue one-liner suggests "movie hero kills movie villain" death - the actual words used, the visuals and the player's ability to control rifts suggest he sent him to the Fade. Which would be retarded, why not simply kill him?

I'm pretty certain he did kill him, although I can't remember if people go into the Fade when they die. But since when can the mark be used to straight-up murder people? I thought it was limited to tampering with rifts and screwing with Demons.

The main story made sense up until that point.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom