Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

msxyz

Augur
How's doing sales wise? I saw some random week#1 EU numbers and it was outsold by other AAA games, some of which where a few weeks older than this.

It doesn't spell good for the series. Also, since it hasn't been cracked yet, neither on PC or 'next gen' consoles, EA doesn't even have piracy to blame.
You are lateto the party, piracy thing is outdated, they started blaming homophobic lobby, 4chan hater trolls and deliberate raids on Metacritic since Dragon Age 2.

Smart; the average EA investor is probably ignorant enough to believe all this shit.

Amazing how Skyrim, out of the box with no gfx mods, still looks noticeably better than this supposedly next gen title. DA:I appears to be under-delivering on every front.

Zeriel

Arcane
Art direction has always been and will remain more important than tech and hardware (though its nice to see both used in conjunction). The Witcher 2 will probably still look better than most games released in the next few years.

aleph

Arcane
non-native speakers lecturing native speakers on the subtleties of their language, just a normal day on the Codex

And as everybody knows, just being a native speaker automatically makes you an expert in all conceivable nuances and even linguistics concerning your native language...

Ulrox

Arbiter
I'd actually like to play a BioWare WH40k rpg. Just less romance and more retard-renegade. That would be :thumbsup:
Agree, I also really like the, WE DO IT FOR THE EMPEROR, choice in that picture!
Honestly too much of a fan of the warhammer 40k athetics and setting to not buy such a game! :)

Art direction has always been and will remain more important than tech and hardware (though its nice to see both used in conjunction). The Witcher 2 will probably still look better than most games released in the next few years.
I'm playing through the witcher 2 again on high/highest setting and daaamn does it look good!
Should be noted I started the witcher 2 to survive the hype I got from friends due to dragon age: inquisition - insofar its been a pretty stellar choice. I'm ingenious! :p

Zeriel

Arcane
non-native speakers lecturing native speakers on the subtleties of their language, just a normal day on the Codex

And as everybody knows, just being a native speaker automatically makes you an expert in all conceivable nuances and even linguistics concerning your native language...

I agree with the sentiment, but in the case he's talking about, the non-native speaker is wrong while being arrogant about it. It's a common mistake for people who don't grow up with a language to assume technicalities trump every-day usage of language, though, idiomatic uses of language that seem "wrong" to non-native speakers are super common in pretty much every language.

Rake

Arcane
Agree, I also really like the, WE DO IT FOR THE EMPEROR, choice in that picture!
Honestly too much of a fan of the warhammer 40k athetics and setting to not buy such a game! :)
Don't fool yourself. With Bioware writing the game it would be WE DO IT WITH THE EMPEROR
:dgaider:

aleph

Arcane
I agree with the sentiment, but in the case he's talking about, the non-native speaker is wrong while being arrogant about it. It's a common mistake for people who don't grow up with a language to assume technicalities trump every-day usage of language, though, idiomatic uses of language that seem "wrong" to non-native speakers are super common in pretty much every language.

Yeah, that certainly is true. I am just annoyed by the idea that just being a native speaker (and calling others idiots) is supposed to be the "I win" button to language arguments

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Don't fool yourself. With Bioware writing the game it would be WE DO IT WITH THE EMPEROR
:dgaider:

Gaider didn't have much to do with ME2, and that game was a beautifully retarded mix og interesting companions and collar-grabbing. I honestly think those writers would do well with WH40k.

Solarnyi

Novice

Yeah, that certainly is true. I am just annoyed by the idea that just being a native speaker (and calling others idiots) is supposed to be the "I win" button to language arguments
True enough. In fact, the essential works concerning English language studies were written by non-native linguists.
Btw, I'm a non-native English language student and I agree that AwesomeButton is a moran. Apologies for the off-topic.

Ulrox

Arbiter
AwesomeButton is a moran.

He bought Dragon age: I. Isnt that enough pain for him to endure...? Does he have to endure all the linquists of the codex's wrath too...? Take pity on him, he actually fell for the hype.

Caim

Arcane
Let me remind you that at some point in the past people considered a possability that Bioware would develop a Warhammer 40k RPG.
Look upon DAI and rejoice, thinking about the horrors we were spared.
tumblr_nfn8azOVwf1spzhzxo1_1280.jpg
Kissing him is not supported by the Codex Astartes so they will keep fighting like bros forever.

Except that they didn't. Leandros, you little shit.

Deleted member 7219

That image just makes me want a Space Marine 2 even more.

Mark Strong, now there's a fucking great actor and voice actor.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I don't think you can complain about this game being unoptimized or running like crap for how it looks. I'm running it on a fairly ancient GTX 480 and Intel Q9550, 4GB of RAM, and it runs at 50-60fps on a mix of medium and high settings. That's a LOT better than I expected to run it. Other recent games like AC Unity and Far Cry 4 put me below the minimum settings. Games one or two years old now like Crysis 3 ran much worse on medium. I mean it's all relative, one engine is not another, blah blah blah, but 5 years after I built this thing I'm glad I can run this on high for the most part. I can't complain about that.

It does look really flat with HBAO off though.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin

Summary of video:
While this area shows marked improvements in terms of 'achievement rewards' the game continues to spam you with MMO trash encounters and the usual in-combat glitches like character warping and environmental pathing issues.
Overall, I was 'okay' with this part of the map. But I can't help but feel there's really nothing stopping from reaching that village, It was a simple matter of clearing one speedbumps after another.

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Just did another (long as fuuuuck) main story mission and it's really amazing how much better they are, compared to the MMO trash mobs of the normal game.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!

Ezrite

Learned
I don't think you can complain about this game being unoptimized or running like crap for how it looks. I'm running it on a fairly ancient GTX 480 and Intel Q9550, 4GB of RAM, and it runs at 50-60fps on a mix of medium and high settings. That's a LOT better than I expected to run it. Other recent games like AC Unity and Far Cry 4 put me below the minimum settings. Games one or two years old now like Crysis 3 ran much worse on medium. I mean it's all relative, one engine is not another, blah blah blah, but 5 years after I built this thing I'm glad I can run this on high for the most part. I can't complain about that.

It does look really flat with HBAO off though.

Well tue substandard models and floaty stones are horrible.

Also, I bet its made to work on all those tumblre computers they bought at bestbuy or where the hell now they find em.

Having EA making a engine for you is something not many companies can have the pleasure of. Unreal was a good engine, why do you need your own shitty engine which is good for FPS games and FPS games more or less only. ITS MADE for it.

Nryn

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Here's something useful that I stumbled upon -- on the PC, you can move your system's time and date forward to instantly finish the war table missions.

Comes in handy for not only following the story surrounding those missions, but it also serves as a giant fuck you to the designer who thought that implementing mobile F2P style time locks (some of them require you to wait for 16 hours!) was a good idea.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Let me remind you that at some point in the past people considered a possability that Bioware would develop a Warhammer 40k RPG.
Look upon DAI and rejoice, thinking about the horrors we were spared.
tumblr_nfn8azOVwf1spzhzxo1_1280.jpg
Kissing him is not supported by the Codex Astartes so they will keep fighting like bros forever.
Titus doesn't believe in being dogmatic to the Codex ;)

Except that they didn't. Leandros, you little shit.
I seriously laffed out loud at this one. 5/5

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Here's something useful that I stumbled upon -- on the PC, you can move your system's time and date forward to instantly finish the war table missions.

Comes in handy for not only following the story surrounding those missions, but it also serves as a giant fuck you to the designer who thought that implementing mobile F2P style time locks (some of them require you to wait for 16 hours!) was a good idea.
:lol: This game is amazing in many levels.
But bro, why don't you just set long duration mission before you sleep and let the normal clock take care of itself?
I don't see why you wanna cheat in this game.

Nryn

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
:lol: This game is amazing in many levels.
But bro, why don't you just set long duration mission before you sleep and let the normal clock take care of itself?
I don't see why you wanna cheat in this game.
I was setting up long missions to complete overnight, but the missions are getting longer and longer as I inch my way through the story. For instance, finding the (fade quest spoiler)
Hero of Ferelden
requires 16 hours or so, during which I cannot use Leliana for any other interesting missions -- that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Besides, it's actually far easier to follow the story behind the war table missions now since it's not broken up anymore over different play sessions. Since I don't have to keep returning to skyhold to assign new missions, the pacing in each zone and the story missions has also improved. Sure, I can use it to cheat and get infinite gold/etc., but I don't see a reason to ever do that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom