Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
:bravo:

Caim

Arcane
Let me remind you that at some point in the past people considered a possability that Bioware would develop a Warhammer 40k RPG.
Look upon DAI and rejoice, thinking about the horrors we were spared.
*snipped image of battle bromance*
Kissing him is not supported by the Codex Astartes so they will keep fighting like bros forever.
Titus doesn't believe in being dogmatic to the Codex ;)

Except that they didn't. Leandros, you little shit.
I seriously laffed out loud at this one. 5/5
Titus doesn't, but Leandros does and it's from his POV.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Let me remind you that at some point in the past people considered a possability that Bioware would develop a Warhammer 40k RPG.
Look upon DAI and rejoice, thinking about the horrors we were spared.
*snipped image of battle bromance*
Kissing him is not supported by the Codex Astartes so they will keep fighting like bros forever.
Titus doesn't believe in being dogmatic to the Codex ;)

Except that they didn't. Leandros, you little shit.
I seriously laffed out loud at this one. 5/5
Titus doesn't, but Leandros does and it's from his POV.
God please give me Spess Mehreen 2. Without elevators. However mediocre the game is, the way they did the switch between melee and ranged was just fun fun fun.

Delterius

Arcane
Art direction has always been and will remain more important than tech and hardware (though its nice to see both used in conjunction). The Witcher 2 will probably still look better than most games released in the next few years.
W2 has fucking scabbards - that alone is a bar too high for many a developer.

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:For_DA3,_I_want_a_scabbard_to_sheath_my_sword_in. - people arguing if scabbards should be in the game... WAT
You people know nothing. Last argument was bowstrings.

Zeriel

Arcane
Here's something useful that I stumbled upon -- on the PC, you can move your system's time and date forward to instantly finish the war table missions.

Comes in handy for not only following the story surrounding those missions, but it also serves as a giant fuck you to the designer who thought that implementing mobile F2P style time locks (some of them require you to wait for 16 hours!) was a good idea.
:lol: This game is amazing in many levels.
But bro, why don't you just set long duration mission before you sleep and let the normal clock take care of itself?
I don't see why you wanna cheat in this game.

You think that's funny, Diablo 3's REAL MONEY auction house operated the same way for a long time. For whatever reason, system clock is used by a lot of coders that should really know better.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Art direction has always been and will remain more important than tech and hardware (though its nice to see both used in conjunction). The Witcher 2 will probably still look better than most games released in the next few years.
W2 has fucking scabbards - that alone is a bar too high for many a developer.

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:For_DA3,_I_want_a_scabbard_to_sheath_my_sword_in. - people arguing if scabbards should be in the game... WAT
You people know nothing. Last argument was bowstrings.
There are no bowstrings???

Malpercio

Arcane
Here's something useful that I stumbled upon -- on the PC, you can move your system's time and date forward to instantly finish the war table missions.

Comes in handy for not only following the story surrounding those missions, but it also serves as a giant fuck you to the designer who thought that implementing mobile F2P style time locks (some of them require you to wait for 16 hours!) was a good idea.

You can do it on PS3 too. Been doing it for a while now. :P

Malpercio

Arcane
By the way, was this posted?

After 5 years, the result of the Dark Ritual from DAO!

Yeah....

Though the voice acting is pretty good, I have to say.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Thanks for the spoiler dickhead!
Spoiler.jpg

Angthoron

Arcane
non-native speakers lecturing native speakers on the subtleties of their language, just a normal day on the Codex

And as everybody knows, just being a native speaker automatically makes you an expert in all conceivable nuances and even linguistics concerning your native language...

I agree with the sentiment, but in the case he's talking about, the non-native speaker is wrong while being arrogant about it. It's a common mistake for people who don't grow up with a language to assume technicalities trump every-day usage of language, though, idiomatic uses of language that seem "wrong" to non-native speakers are super common in pretty much every language.
"Native competence" is a myth, yeah. A stupid myth that needs to die. However, that sentence is valid, as it's a context-driven ellipsis, with the context being in another clause. It's very much useable, though both rare and kinda shitty.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Unreal was a good engine...good for FPS games and FPS games more or less only. ITS MADE for it.

Uh.....

(and btw the previous Dragon Age games didn't use Unreal!)

Last edited:

Malpercio

Arcane
The Emerald Graves is kinda neat-looking, I got to say. Even got 2 (!!!!) mini dungeons areas. The
horror house
kinda fell flat (especially after Nier parody of RE1, best horror parody ever), but appreciate it.

Thanks for the spoiler dickhead!

lol sorry, didn't think it was an issue... just don't open the video?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom