Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
You people know nothing. Last argument was bowstrings.
Bowstrings should be in the game.
Scabbards too but I would think that an actually fun combat takes precedence.
Why do you think they would do fun combat when they wouldn't make bowstrings?
there are bowstrings in game

also

6IRTYdk.jpg

http://www.reddit.com/r/dragonage/comments/2nmux3/now_it_feels_like_da1_daino_spoilers/

someone needed 6 hours to do it :lol::lol::lol:

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

Angthoron

Arcane
In a BioWare game:

G-strings > Bowstrings > fun combat

Inb4 "anal beads > g-strings > good writing"?
You know what's common with those three and BioWare? All of them are pretty close to ass when Bio's involved.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
In a BioWare game:

You know what's common with those three and BioWare? All of them are pretty close to ass when Bio's involved.

[insert badum-tssssss codex troll here, although I expected something more visually striking, something along the lines of "All of them get very close to shit when Bioware's involved"]

Angthoron

Arcane
In a BioWare game:

[insert badum-tssssss codex troll here, although I expected something more visually striking, something along the lines of "All of them get very close to shit when Bioware's involved"]
I like my double entendres, thank you very much.

Bleed the Man

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

I've just finished this entire area yesterday.

4 big areas explored, only 2 noteworthy quest for now (and still nothing to going all over about), which are the Valammar dungeon from the Hinterlands and the main quest of Crestwood (not the one about the wardens with Hawke and such, that's main quest stuff. i mean the one of closing the underwater rift).

All the side quest stuff is unbearably boring. While I would argue that the main quest is standard Bioware, and pretty enjoyable despite the terrible storyline, all that isn't story related is just piss poor design. The dragon fight in Crestwood it's a good example of the amout of thought put into design in this game. An inmense creature, with tons and tons of health and great power, how can your group fight this thing??? Same thing as in every battle, send your tank to be the dragon's focus, and start spamming abilites. No though whatsoever.

This game is a prime example of appearence over substance. A really nice envelop, with a pretty decent main quest stuff, but the majority of the content, which is side quests and exploration (arguably the focus of the game), show some of Bioware all time lowest moments. Incredibly dull.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Why do you think they would do fun combat when they wouldn't make bowstrings?
there are bowstrings in game

also

6IRTYdk.jpg

http://www.reddit.com/r/dragonage/comments/2nmux3/now_it_feels_like_da1_daino_spoilers/

someone needed 6 hours to do it :lol::lol::lol:

That does look neat.

Whiran

Magister

You know, I suspect if you had monetized your youtube account you would have made enough from these videos to pay for the game. Note: I haven't looked at monetizing a youtube account in forever so I could be wrong. I'm not even sure if there are a minimum number of views required for a video to pay out on.

Imagine, you could have profited from this game! Can it still be that bad? :happytrollboy:

Mortmal

Arcane
Yet, you continue to play this horrible horrible game...

He is doing it for the greater good of Codex, his sacrfice will be remembered!

I genuinely wanted it to be fun, but you know how Codex defends opinions.
Here's how it goes usually:
1. You didn't play it.
2. You didn't play it right.
3. You haven't reached the good parts <---we're here now.
4. It's probably your personal opinion.
5. R0ffles!

2) Is valid , i can understand you dont like it if you play with mouse and keyboard + above normal difficulty. I never used above normal in bioware games as higher difficulty only means hp bloat and nothing more tactical. In DA I ,above normal trigger in the friendly fire, i can see that becoming a real chore quickly.The encounters are hack and slash, or rather arcade beat them all encounters , if you have to place every characters one by one to avoid friendly fire each time it will end up giving you headache and physical pain. With my pad an ecounter is done in one minute and half now .
Now put the brain safely apart in a closet, smash your 5 buttons like everyone and its great fun. Can only hope Bioware get its inspirations more from dragons dogma or visceral fights like in god of war and drop the hypocrisy.

3) Yes it starts slowly but the main story is really good, reallly entetaining action rpg.If you expect anything like classic rtwp like baldurs gate you will be heavily disapointed of course.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot

This and totally this - is all people have been asking for or expecting from bioware, just this. Is it really so much to ask! (as long as it also stops the resetting camera and allows you to move the screen by pushing your mouse to the edge).

2) Is valid , i can understand you dont like it if you play with mouse and keyboard + above normal difficulty. I never used above normal in bioware games as higher difficulty only means hp bloat and nothing more tactical. In DA I ,above normal trigger in the friendly fire, i can see that becoming a real chore quickly.The encounters are hack and slash, or rather arcade beat them all encounters , if you have to place every characters one by one to avoid friendly fire each time it will end up giving you headache and physical pain. With my pad an ecounter is done in one minute and half now .
Now put the brain safely apart in a closet, smash your 5 buttons like everyone and its great fun. Can only hope Bioware get its inspirations more from dragons dogma or visceral fights like in god of war and drop the hypocrisy.

3) Yes it starts slowly but the main story is really good, reallly entetaining action rpg.If you expect anything like classic rtwp like baldurs gate you will be heavily disapointed of course.

No offence mate, but arguing that someone isn't doing it right shouldn't normally be intertwined with an agreement that the combat is indeed shit. I don't think you really grasp the concept of what people say when they say "you're not doing it right". But, yes, in it's current state and as the game currently plays (mostly talk with some shit combat) then it's probably best to play on easy settings just for the story faggotry.

With regards to your other point, expectations are Bioware's biggest personal plot-hole. They actively promoted the game would be PC focused with strong tactical combat. To then blame the purchaser for having false expectations is beyond incredulity.

pippin

It also fits in the series' spirit of having medieval fantasy people talking like tumblr teens.

Zeriel

Arcane
Dragon Age could really benefit from just cloning Mass Effect. Give up on the tactical nonsense, make it full action combat, add the Renegade/Paragon system with paired dialogue interrupts, and it would at least be entertaining in its mediocrity rather than actively painful to play. Those moments where the NPCs rave at you for being a jackass are hilarious, my main issue with Dragon Age is they often refuse to let you take actions that would at any time make you less "heroic". As-is I enjoyed Bound by Flame more than DA:I.

Mortmal

Arcane
No offence mate, but arguing that someone isn't doing it right shouldn't normally be intertwined with an agreement that the combat is indeed shit. I don't think you really grasp the concept of what people say when they say "you're not doing it right". But, yes, in it's current state and as the game currently plays (mostly talk with some shit combat) then it's probably best to play on easy settings just for the story faggotry.

With regards to your other point, expectations are Bioware's biggest personal plot-hole. They actively promoted the game would be PC focused with strong tactical combat. To then blame the purchaser for having false expectations is beyond incredulity.

No offense taken, i agree the problem with this game is it being advertised as tactical and for PC . Watching the pre releases videos it was obvious its not, and all of their precious games are not anymore either, thats why they will be trashed on metacritic and sales wont be stellar . Had they the honesty to tell that it was a console action game with an interactive story and the pc was not their focus things would be different.

The other criticisms are exagerated ,story is good its not loaded with gay activism and romances.Characters arent that ugly, they made it closer to real people, i see worse outside in the streets than sera ...Remember in mass effect 3 they said they made miranda not perfect on purpose, well they pushed it even more far. DA I npc companons are not top models but at least some are sympathic , the bickering between varic and cassandra is funny.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Just did Dorian's sidequest and I actually really liked that he revealed he's gay and you can respond with stuff like "who gives a shit" or "eww." I'm sure he gets all preachy if you do, but still, those options being there was a nice surprise. I replied basically "you don't fuck women? Why not?" and he just said "I dunno" basically. It felt more real life than other conversations of this type in Bioware games.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Wow, up until a few weeks ago this game seemed to be DOA on the Codex but instead a lot of ppl enjoy this, apparently.

Drat, first time in years I'd actually torrent a game just to see what's what...

Well, it looks I'm really gonna buy it after all. Daymn, Denovo works.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom