Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk - parodic fantasy tactical RPG - now with Back to the Futon DLC

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Erebus

Arcane
I'm not usually a fan of DLCs focused on combat, but in the case of this game, I think it might be a good idea. It seems like it'll be quite flexible regarding party composition, which should improve replayability.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
If a game has good combat, combat DLCs are actually my favorite. I'm still waiting for a complete edition of this and a price cut, though.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
More DLC #3 info: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/970830/view/4821658732170349087

Splat Jaypak's Arenas available on December 3rd!

Howdy, adventurers!

Last saturday, October 16th, Artefacts Studio and Dear Villagers were at the Naheulbeuk Festival 2021 in Nîmes to show off The Amulet of Chaos's second DLC for the very first time.

This extension, Splat Jaypak's Arenas, will release on all platforms on December 3rd, 2021!

In Splat Jaypak's Arenas, you will be faced with challenges worthy of the greatest of adventurers:
- Choose 8 characters for your team among the 10 playable adventurers!
- Prepare yourself for 15 arena fights with various and wacky mechanics and objectives!
- Help your characters grow by upgrading their stuff at the Tavern between every fight!

In Splat Jaypak's Arenas, we decided to put the combat part of the game, along with their tactical value, at the center of the stage. It will be the most important theme of this second DLC!

But that's not it: as you already know, we have planned a grand total of 3 DLCs for The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos. So, as the second one is approaching, here's a few things you need to know about the third DLC: Back to the Futon, coming in 2022.

In this last DLC, we'll go back to the story where we left it in Ruins of Limis. You'll get four chapters worth of brand new story with your favourite unlikely heroes. We shouldn't say too much for now, but we might let some other hints slip here and there; you should definitely keep an eye open during the next few months!

Don't forget that all three DLCs are included in the Season Pass for The Amulet of Chaos! You'll find Ruins of Limis (which is already available), Splat Jaypak's Arenas (releases on December 3rd) and Back to the Futon (coming in 2022) in only one product. While you'll still have to wait for each extension to release, it costs less to get the Season Pass than all three DLCs separetely!

Enjoy the Season Pass, this way!

In order to celebrate this announcement, The Amulet of Chaos will be available at 40% off starting today, October 18th, at 7pm CET until October 21st at 7pm!

Finally, we would like to adress our warmest thanks to the Naheulband, the amazing Naheulbeuk-themed music band led by Naheulbeuk author John Lang, for letting us broadcast the trailer above during their concert last Saturday! It was a great pleasure to meet the fanbase of the game and of this splendid universe, and we hope to do it again very soon!

Until next time, adventurers!

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
Good, because I tried doing a second run on the main game and extension but the couldnt stand the jokes anymore.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

https://af.gog.com/game/the_dungeon_of_naheulbeuk_splat_jaypaks_arenas?as=1649904300

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/970830/view/3144072304818854499

Welcome to the “Splat Jaypak’s Arenas”
Howdy, adventurers!

Are you READY to fight the strongest, most vicious enemies of Fangh? Splat Jaypak's Arenas are open!

The merry band of heroes is kidnapped and forced to face a series of wild combat trials orchestrated by the sinister Splat Jaypak. If they want to survive they’ll have to gear up, level up, and battle their way back to the plot!

The two first DLCs will prepare you for the next great adventure: DLC 3 - Back to the Futon (coming 2022)! Our favorite ragtag company of unlikely heroes has more adventures to come. With the third DLC coming up, our heroes will have to cooperate for a little longer!

Get Splat Jaypak's Arenas for €7,99 / $7,99 / £5.79 or get the Season Pass for the Amulet of Chaos. It includes the base game and the three DLC: Ruins of Limis (already available), Splat Jaypak’s Arena (now available) and Back to the Futon (coming 2022)! Get it for $29,99 / £23,79 / 29,99€!

Antigoon

Augur
That sounds indeed more promising than the first DLC. A couple more fights, level up, you can chose from all characters and the wheel is back!

Parabalus

Arcane
In the first DLC, Limis, is there a shop?

Overloaded from the save import, and unclear whether to dump everything or to wait for a shop.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Got the DLC via the season pass.
Some impressions.

It's what Blackguards 2 should have been to Blackguards 1, and I mean it as a good thing.
They cut out all the unnecessary stuff, like the story and running around maps for quests, and left only tactical combat with a couple of nice touches.

There are 15 encounters.
You start at level 1 and max out at 11.
After each battle all characters are fully recovered, so there's no need to stock up on bandages and healing potions.

One of the good things is that you can now compose your team the way you like.
Kick out the Elf, swap the Ranger for the Paladin - those left out still get experience; so when you get to field all 10 of them at once, they won't lag behind.

Another good thing is there are no more fixed loot drops.
Instead, you get money after each encounter and can decide what upgrades to spend them on.
Skill reset potions cost a mere 1GP, so you can experiment with skills as much as you want.

I've only noticed one new enemy with an ability I don't remember from the base game.
But all the favorites are back. Including iron golems, drow and liches.
Remember that merchant girl you knocked out with a door kick? She's back for revenge too and this time she's one mean biatch.

The arenas are more or less varied. But nothing spectacular.
The only 2 were memorable - ice field (like that goblin skate ring) and platform with draw-bridges.
The rest are just places to fight, with some destructible explosives, ale kegs, chicken cages - the usual fare.

The AI if not significantly improved, is still pretty good.
Those damned archers always seem to find a nook to harass me, where it's impossible to get rid of them.
And whenever I set up a delayed attack the bastards focus down my characters before they can act.

The overall difficulty seems to be lower than in the base game let alone the previous DLC.
Playing on Nightmare I had only a few "oh shit" moments and 12 out of 15 encounters I completed on the first try.
I have not finished the last one yet though; it's a definite step up compared to the rest.

All in all, I liked it more than the previous DLC - Ruins of Limis.
It provides more of what was best in the base game.

KateMicucci

Arcane
Just reached chapter 6, Epic difficulty. I'm regretting a few of my build choices. I wish that I had focused a lot more on damage instead of buffs and CC. Poison abilities seem weak and useless and there is a whole level where all the enemies are immune.

My ranger seems mostly useless and the elf isn't great except for her heal. Barbarian, ogre and wizardess do all the damage while dwarf tanks. I usually forget the thief exists- even when he uses his backstab ability the damage isn't impressive.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Just reached chapter 6, Epic difficulty. I'm regretting a few of my build choices. I wish that I had focused a lot more on damage instead of buffs and CC. Poison abilities seem weak and useless and there is a whole level where all the enemies are immune.

There are Potions of Oblivion or some such in every tavern, you can use them to reset your builds.
But the only time I really regretted going for control over pure damage output was the "secret boss" encounter.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

My ranger seems mostly useless and the elf isn't great except for her heal. Barbarian, ogre and wizardess do all the damage while dwarf tanks. I usually forget the thief exists- even when he uses his backstab ability the damage isn't impressive.

you can respec

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

you can respec
But not if you're Rodney Dangerfield.

Erebus

Arcane
Finished the second DLC on Epic. The flexibility is quite enjoyable, but I think that some of the fights could have been a bit more original.

The fights seem easier than in the basic game and the first DLC ; I seldom was in any real trouble. I'll have to try it on Nightmare.

The ranger is fairly flexible, but he's clearly overshadowed by the other party members when it comes to inflicting damage, healing or crowd control. Where he really shine is support. His ability to boost dodge/parry and saving throws is very strong and accessible early. At higher level, he can also increase the Movement of the party by 2, which can make a huge difference at the beginning of a fight.

The thief is very good with bombs : he has a special ability that allow them to affect 9 squares instead of just one, making freezing bombs (for instance) much more powerful.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Ranger as a useful combat character would be insanely OP considering his defensive aura is easily the best ability in the game

Erebus

Arcane
The second DLC really is a bit too easy. I'm currently playing on Nightmare difficulty and I've won the first ten fights without ever having to reload. While the enemies aren't pushovers and can hit pretty hard, I don't find them to be as threatening as they were in the basic game and the first DLC.

I expect the last fight to be a real challenge ; hopefully, it won't be the only one.

EDIT : Finished the DLC on Nightmare. It's definitely too easy. I only had to reload once (for the ice skate rink fight), and it was mostly because I got too careless.

Last edited:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
At its all time low price on Fanatical, I'm thinking of finally grabbing this.

As someone who is usually fine playing the base game and not doing DLC, is it fine to play the main campaign, or would I be missing out without the Season Pass or whatever? I don't especially want to spend $50 here.

Parabalus

Arcane

As someone who is usually fine playing the base game and not doing DLC, is it fine to play the main campaign, or would I be missing out without the Season Pass or whatever? I don't especially want to spend $50 here.

DLCs are strictly post-game content, if you want even more.

I consider the base game excellent but had enough with the main campaign, so DLCs really are optional.

Erebus

Arcane

It's hard to tell for sure without knowing what the third and last DLC is going to be like, but you'll probably be fine with just the main campaign.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

The base game is a full story in itself. I enjoyed the base game enough to want to play the DLC, but ofc YMMV.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom