Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The NON-Steam Bargain Sale Mega Thread of Savings

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ok since this thread is apparently not Steam exclusive, here's a heads up to the Deep Silver Deals. Warning, just a few hours remaining:

http://www.greenmangaming.com/deep-silver-deals/

I'd absolutely recommend Lost Horizon and Tunguska 2, if you're into adventures (one of the finest contributions to the genre in the last decade; still shit compared to the previous one though). There's also Tunguska 3 but can't say anything, haven't played it yet.

And as for Risen 2, seems I'm defending the damn game on every forum on the whole damn internet, but I stand my ground - after the combat patch, it's NOT a terrible game. It's more flawed than the first Risen (fucked up chardev balance is the biggest problem) but if you're a Gothis/Risen fan, then you've no excuse not to grab it at the 75% off discount.

This thread is Steam exclusive. Other sites are posted only if they offer Steam keys.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
^ That. Although a lot of Deep Silver games are Steamworks.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Ah, NOW I see the non-Steam bargain sale thread. Great.
Time to go to sleep.

EDIT: Yeah, turns out Risen 2 requires Steam, so it's not completely OT.

Coyote

Arcane
Looked at Dark Souls and the Batman games there. Dark Souls description says:

Additional info: Steam account and Games for Windows Live required for game activation and installation

OTOH, Batman games only mention Steam. Did they finally get rid of GFWL and SecuROM, or is Amazon just being inconsistent in pointing out DRM?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Looked at Dark Souls and the Batman games there. Dark Souls description says:

Additional info: Steam account and Games for Windows Live required for game activation and installation

OTOH, Batman games only mention Steam. Did they finally get rid of GFWL and SecuROM, or is Amazon just being inconsistent in pointing out DRM?

Batman stuff still has GFWL and Securom. Re: Dark Souls, if you're not interested in online PvP/co-op experience you can just make an offline GFWL profile.

TripJack

Hedonist
meh don't see anything worthwhile

not even a decent heart of darkness discount

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
After watching a Let's Play of it, I'd like to one day get Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble, but is it worthwhile as a $10 game? Also I don't know much about Show Me the Games. Can you purchase DRM free games off of there?

Bruticis

Pretty sure Origin is your only choice for that collection. It was published exclusively for Origin.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
You may as well get the First Decade collection instead which you can find at retail, considering the later quality of C&C games. And you don't need Origin for it.

oIiDl7h.jpg

Overboard

Arcane
Gamersgate has the Jagged Alliance games on offer for a pretty hefty discount.

Tigranes

Arcane
Ah, I missed Hitman: Absolution. $10 is the max I can afford at the moment, would anybody pick from:
Bully
New XCOM
Old XCOM Set
Dark Souls
?

Bruticis

You may as well get the First Decade collection instead which you can find at retail, considering the later quality of C&C games. And you don't need Origin for it.

oIiDl7h.jpg
I'd buy that if it had the original documentation and what not. These stupid collections with PDF docs suck.
This is how you do it
civchron400_screen.jpg

Garm

Learned
So does anyone know if you can buy the Cities XL 2011 steam code and use that to get the 85% off deal for Cities XL Platinum on Steam?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Not worth it. Just pick these up in a bundle for a couple of bucks. Warriors of the North is just a reskinned AP which is just a reskinned Legend.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin

oIiDl7h.jpg

C&C, Red Alert and Tiberian Sun are available for free online though. Yeah I know, everything is available for free online but I mean legally here. It's good to know in case you are mostly interested in these titles.

You can get links to the freeware files on the front page of the CnC wiki: http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/EVA_Database

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Not worth it. Just pick these up in a bundle for a couple of bucks. Warriors of the North is just a reskinned AP which is just a reskinned Legend.
I'd say if there are people who loved Legend and AP and still aren't tired of the formula, then WotR is absolutely worth it. Just more of the same good thing (although, I admit, there's about 20 % less love and care in WotR then in the prequels).

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I suppose but I can't imagine anyone who wouldn't be tired of it by now. Big reason why I'm looking forward to Legends of Eisenwald. A bit more polished and something a bit different in the genre.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Bought Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines for a few euros in a thrift shop.
Thus my CRPG collection is complete, I think.

While at it I also bought CoD2, Battlefield and Shogun Total War, each for a few euros.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom