Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds goes Epic Games Store-exclusive (also Windows Store)

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
I seriously don't understand why Valve doesn't have any kind of legal agreement with companies that promise to release a game on Steam and then go away all of a sudden. I mean it's good that they don't have it but at this point if I were Gabe I'd start looking for a lawyer.
Like exclusivity deals? :retarded:
nah, he means a guarantee the game will released on the platform once there's an agreement and arrangements have been made, with no delay, to save from the situation going on now where games are being poached for exclusivity deals

Last edited:

Black

Arcane
After recent fiasco with steam's policies, the idea of stores poaching devs away from steam tickles my genitals.
Valve sat on the top for years doing fuck all, maybe now they'll actually start doing something.

raz3r

Novice
nah, he means a guarantee the game will released on the platform once there's an agreement and arrangements have been made, with no delay, to save from the situation going on now where games are being poached for exclusivity deals
Exactly, Steam is pretty much providing advertising and a community hub for free, people who see the game on the store may add it to their wishlist and when it disappears they'll blame Valve.

Valve sat on the top for years doing fuck all, maybe now they'll actually start doing something.
I kinda agree with this though it's not like they've done nothing, they just didn't focus their effort on things that actually mattered, not even once. For example, a proprietary engine, look where Epic is with Unreal and then compare it to Valve and Source 2, no wonder they're looking to rely on Unity for future projects.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
After recent fiasco with steam's policies, the idea of stores poaching devs away from steam tickles my genitals.

Yeah, perhaps they'll start using their money to secure their own exclusives and eliminate every independent store that doesn't have infinite money to bribe the devs.

Black

Arcane

Yeah, perhaps they'll start using their money to secure their own exclusives and eliminate every independent store that doesn't have infinite money to bribe the devs.
Or they could actually fix steam releases (people who bought JA2 on Steam still can't review it) and stick to their policies instead of flip-flopping like Ian.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
maybe now they'll actually start doing something.
Removing forums for epic exclusives could be good start.
Imagine - playing new Obsidian game without support. Is it bug or feature?
effective in a sane world, but in the current climate rife with opportunism, any strong arming on Steam's part could serve as an argument for the necessity to eventually move towards an independent platform or an alternative that can be shown on paper to serve the bottom line better

there's strength in appearing unmoved, monolithic, and not given to whim

Seethe

Arbiter
c32a733861.png

Implying I'm gonna wait a year to get it from Steam. Lmao you cucks. I like to have all of my games in one place, together with the chat system I use the most: Steam. There is no reason for Epic Games store to exist. It has no functionality. There is no competitiveness, they literally bribe developers to squash it. This is the only reason they would release such an unfinished piece of shit. It's an undeserved Chinese money grabbing scheme.

Last edited:

Seethe

Arbiter
Implying I'm gonna wait a year to get it from Steam. Lmao you cucks.
Lol, at least they dont ban me for posting that picture detailing what exactly epic store steals. They silently delete it instead, oh well.

They're probably thinking they made me mad for banning me, but they only made me feel proud by calling me a pirate. Who doesn't want to be a fucking pirate?

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
With the indie games it makes more sense, like I'm sure Frogwares is happy about the knowledge they won't go bankrupt if Sinking City flops and maybe that's worth lower potential sales for a while. But Obsidian doesn't need the fuckin money, fuck em

Codex Year of the Donut

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
I don't know why anyone would have hopes for a Westcuck game in 2019, but if you must play this do not give them money for it. Do not put Chinese malware on your computer so you can give them money, and do not reward them for cucking you by giving them money when it does release on Steam. Remember, the devs have already gotten paid once by Epic.

Black

Arcane
The game was never promised to be on Steam at release, or was it?
It has been available as an upcoming title on Steam since it was announced, it's the third most wishlisted game on Steam right now.
https://store.steampowered.com/search/?filter=popularwishlist
Come to think of it, wasn't outer worlds #1 a few weeks ago? Did that many people remove it already?
Serves them right for pre-ordering.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
GOG or bust for me.

Do not suffer the DRM to live. Do not allow it to multiply. Do not tolerate exclusives. No mercy.

Gonna be a hard year for GOG man. They're getting shafted big time with those exclusives, getting next to no new AAA / AA releases for a year until the Epic experiment falls falt on its face... (Let's hope)

Codex Year of the Donut
The game was never promised to be on Steam at release, or was it?
It has been available as an upcoming title on Steam since it was announced, it's the third most wishlisted game on Steam right now.
https://store.steampowered.com/search/?filter=popularwishlist
Come to think of it, wasn't outer worlds #1 a few weeks ago? Did that many people remove it already?
Serves them right for pre-ordering.
Wishlisting is not the same as preordering.

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
GOG or bust for me.

Do not suffer the DRM to live. Do not allow it to multiply. Do not tolerate exclusives. No mercy.

Gonna be a hard year for GOG man. They're getting shafted big time with those exclusives, getting next to no new AAA / AA releases for a year until the Epic experiment falls falt on its face... (Let's hope)
Can't help but feel the hypocrisy of people who hate epic store but are OK with steam games loaded up with Denuvo

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom