Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Ivan

Arcane

Yosharian

Arcane

Yosharian

Arcane

That actually looks way better than I expected. Especially when we take into consideration the "journalists" are probably playing on easiest difficulty with controllers.
Yes, I thought it looked good too. They're still demoing it with that cancerous UI shit all over the screen though

Hobo Elf

Arcane
The enemies still have an aggro range of fuck all. I'm guessing going stealth sniper here will be even easier than in bethgames.

We'll see, but I doubt it. From the videos I saw groups of enemies were chained together and taking hostile action against one of them will aggro them all.

Last edited:

Doktor Best

Arcane

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Just finished watching it, this combat looks fucking terrible... all that blood and no gibs.

Also red, yellow, purple ui and those graphics will become an eye sore very fast.

Perkel

Arcane
Who told them to follow Fortnite's aesthetics?

Boyarski is art director no ?
Where is your god now codex ?

Though Boyarski was on exile in Blizzard doing nothing of value there.

That being said i don't have huge issue with graphics. New Vegas looked like dogshit and still was good game.

HarveyBirdman

Liturgist
RPGs have gotten longer not shorter

Did they? I still remember playing for a lot of hours in games like betrayal at krondor,darklands,MM and wizardry games,Arcanum,torment etc etc.
Probably. Older RPGs padded out their length with menus, menus, menus.
Now they're padded out with sleep-inducing, repetitive "content."

Yes. Bethesda invented that concept.
shitpost
>your head

Menus on menus and repetitive content have always been a part of CRPGs. Like, forever.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"This isn’t meant to be negative – it can probably be taken as negative. We really enjoyed making Fallout: New Vegas and people really enjoy Fallout: New Vegas," Urquqhart says. "Bethesda is looking to take the Fallout brand in a different direction. There's nothing right or wrong about that. That’s their choice. They own it, they get to do what they want with it. But in our mind, there are people that enjoy where Fallout was. That is what we wanted to do with The Outer Worlds, to give people that. And you know what? Maybe that’s a bad decision from the standpoint of the number of people that will buy it. I don’t know… People seem to really enjoy what Fallout: New Vegas was, so let's give them an experience that's as similar as we can to that."

Feargus certainly has no problems stoking the hype. :slamdunk:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Unfortunately, game development scene is still quite the circlejerk, in which every dev is expected to say only positive things (or at the very least not negative things) about another dev...

Quillon

Arcane
Unfortunately, game development scene is still quite the circlejerk, in which every dev is expected to say only positive things (or at the very least not negative things) about another dev...

Unless you are MCA & the topic's about Obsidian:

Uge.gif

found gif looks a bit like MCA lol

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Unless you are MCA & the topic's about Obsidian:

Uge.gif

found gif looks a bit like MCA lol
Looks much more like Feargus than like MCA!

Terenty

Liturgist
I hope the only thing this game will have in common with New Vegas is first person perspective

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom