Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The PS5 and Xbox 2 thread - it's happening

Ezekiel

Arcane
Would it be possible to ever get quick resume on PC games like on PlayStation and Xbox? Is it up to Microsoft?
The PS5 doesn't have quick resume.

It's been possible on PC's for decades, or it was. It's called Hibernate, but Since Windows 10 it seems to have been removed.
Huh? I mean games. I can turn on my PS4, tap on the game and it will resume exactly where I left off.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Would it be possible to ever get quick resume on PC games like on PlayStation and Xbox? Is it up to Microsoft?
The PS5 doesn't have quick resume.

It's been possible on PC's for decades, or it was. It's called Hibernate, but Since Windows 10 it seems to have been removed.
Huh? I mean games. I can turn on my PS4, tap on the game and it will resume exactly where I left off.

That's not quick resume.

Only the xbawx has that.

I misspoke before, hibernate is more like what the PS5 does.

On the PS5, only the last game state is saved.
If you switch to another game (or turn the console fully off) you have to re-load. On the series x/s, every game is saved like this and switching between them is almost instantaneous. Even after powering down completely.

THAT'S Quick Resume.

Caim

Arcane
Bro why are people so fucking upset. They're still making games so why step out now?

Because you lose your "investment" because eventually they're going to quit making games? Bro what's the Xbox One again?

Tehdagah

Arcane
This will kill Gamepass. Its biggest appeal was being able to play games day-1 without having to pay $70 for each game.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
>later stage
>of a phone charger and streaming device that has 4
>4 exclusives
GGTX7skWgAEjYNG

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This is the shittiest and most worthless console generation that ever came out. At this point a GameBoy Color seems to be way more useful and fun than PS5/XboxXS

Baron Dupek

Arcane
and on top of that PS4 emulation got major progress recently
soon the Bloodbourne machine will be useless beside serving overpriced cinematic slop

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This is the shittiest and most worthless console generation that ever came out. At this point a GameBoy Color seems to be way more useful and fun than PS5/XboxXS
It's also the most confusing one. Considering how many versions of Xbox are out there, the naming convention, and the overall horrible planning from both companies.

Machocruz

Arcane
Objectively better library. Link's Awakening alone is better than anything on those two

This will kill Gamepass. Its biggest appeal was being able to play games day-1 without having to pay $70 for each game.

There is no fucking appeal in this. Games you love you'll always want to own, and the rest is just shovelware. Philly's Netflix for Games model was deeply flawed to begin with.

Most people rented most of the games they played when that was an easy option. Needing to own all the games you play is a fairly new thing all things considered, it’s a post 2011 death of Blockbuster and smaller movie rental places thing.

deuxhero

Arcane
Funny you say that. GBC was released in October 1998. Its final official NA release (Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets) was in November 2002 (4 years+1 month). Just a quick scroll of a list that says which are GBC only shows the following I know are worth a play and I am hardly an expert on the platform.
Mario Golf GBC
Mario Tennis GBX
Wario Land 3
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Children: Shiro no Shou
Mega Man Xtreme 2
Pokémon Card GB2
Magi Nation
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
Pokémon Crystal Version (an enhanced port)
Metal Gear: Ghost Babel (it's an original top down Metal Gear game, not a port)
Shantae

Compared to PS5 whose only exclusive in 4 years are Destruction All Stars, pack in tech demo Astro's Playroom, and a vastly inferior remake of a PS3 game that ruins everything people loved about the original. (There's also two or three PSVR exclusives, which might as well count as its own hardware.)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom