Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
great, now Avowed isn't the worst name ever

maxresdefault.jpg
I see that picture; I hear distressed zebra-noices.

Latelistener

Arcane
That was a boring Next Fest to be honest.

Among the demos I've played most of them were from previous fests and others aren't much interesting.

Zephon was probably the best demo I've played. I really dig the setting, but there are some questions since all playable factions are human (compared to Gladius, their previous game) and you can't play as NPC factions. Music, sounds and graphics are all great and I really like clean UI.

Alters is definitely something to look out for. Devs promise variety, branching narrative and unique playthroughs like This War of Mine, but... the demo didn't show actual gameplay. It's an hour long tutorial plus introduction.

If you missed Shadowrun world that one definitely looks close, but plays more like a puzzle with separate rooms.

Horror game from Sokpop with five different endings in the demo and only one true ending. It won't break new ground, but I enjoyed it.

A lot better than it looks: detailed damage system, actual bullets that can hit if not you than something around you and really cool animations.

Modron

Arcane
A lot better than it looks: detailed damage system, actual bullets that can hit if not you than something around you and really cool animations.
The prologue for this comes out in a few weeks: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2851820/view/4184486801763166126
Now that we've delivered the turn-based tactical mecha combat, we've been working hard to add the RPG experience into our Procedural Tactical RPG and package it into one cohesive experience.

When we say RPG, we're not just talking about the stats and leveling mechanics; we're also talking about the world, the characters, the story, and other narrative elements that make a role-playing game great. Our team has been working non-stop to tie in all the mechanics into a playable vertical slice, and after many months, that RPG vertical slice is now almost complete.

Chuck Norris

Augur
I bought a Hi-Fi Rush steam key from someone in Steamtrades 4-5 days ago. I activated the key, it worked, installed the game and even played it for 47 minutes.

Now, today I received this message from Steam:

A Steam Product code you activated has been removed from your account.

20 Jun
Hi-Fi RUSH PC Digital (WW)
Your recent Product code activation has been revoked due to a problem processing payment for this item. The games associated with this product code can no longer be played as a result. This could be due a problem with the payment methods you used to acquire this item from a third-party seller; or a problem with how the third-party seller acquired the Product code. Please contact the seller you acquired the Product code from for assistance.

If you would like to purchase the item, please visit the Steam Store. Otherwise you may choose to delete the local content associated with these games.
I didn't know something like this could happen. It's so unfair. If the CD-key has been acquired through unsavory ways, Steam should detect that upon activation. Not 4 days after the fact. Now the guy has removed me from his friend list and has closed his steamtrades listing, so I don't have access to him.

He was probably a scammer, but Steam is at fault here too. Now I have to start being paranoid about every CD key I acquire, because at any time, Steam can send a message like that and revoke it.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I bought a Hi-Fi Rush steam key from someone in Steamtrades 4-5 days ago. I activated the key, it worked, installed the game and even played it for 47 minutes.

20 Jun
Your recent Product code activation has been revoked due to a problem processing payment for this item. The games associated with this product code can no longer be played as a result. This could be due a problem with the payment methods you used to acquire this item from a third-party seller; or a problem with how the third-party seller acquired the Product code. Please contact the seller you acquired the Product code from for assistance.

If you would like to purchase the item, please visit the Steam Store. Otherwise you may choose to delete the local content associated with these games.
I didn't know something like this could happen. It's so unfair. If the CD-key has been acquired through unsavory ways, Steam should detect that upon activation. Not 4 days after the fact. Now the guy has removed me from his friend list and has closed his steamtrades listing, so I don't have access to him.

He was probably a scammer, but Steam is at fault here too. Now I have to start being paranoid about every CD key I acquire, because at any time, Steam can send a message like that and revoke it.
How much did you pay?

But that's the same warning that's issued about all of these key sites other than legit ones like Humble Bundle or Fanatical. You kinda played yourself with that one.

Chuck Norris

Augur

20 Jun

How much did you pay?
2.5 TF 2 keys. Its equivalent to 5 dollars.
But that's the same warning that's issued about all of these key sites other than legit ones like Humble Bundle or Fanatical. You kinda played yourself with that one.
Well people on steamtrades sell unwanted keys from Humble and Fanatical. It's not a site that sells keys itself.

And it doesn't happen with every key. I have gotten a lot of keys from there and all worked. There is a reputation system going that makes scamming very unlikely. This was an anomaly.

Anyways I'm poor and I cant afford to buy most games with real prices so no shame.
:dance:

Latelistener

Arcane
Anyways I'm poor and I cant afford to buy most games with real prices so no shame.
If you need to buy something, you go to keyshops: https://gg.deals/game/hi-fi-rush/

Since Steam has raised prices, I have purchased a lot of bundled games from there and none of them were revoked.

Only one time a key was already activated, but I sent a message to the trader with a screenshot and he replaced it for me.

If you want to buy from someone on SteamTrades or Barter, you need to check their reputation first.

Judging from what I see on GG Deals, the lowest Hi-Fi Rush was is $6.19, so if someone is selling for lower than that it should raise questions.

Chuck Norris

Augur
If you need to buy something, you go to keyshops: https://gg.deals/game/hi-fi-rush/

Since Steam has raised prices, I have purchased a lot of bundled games from there and none of them were revoked.

Only one time a key was already activated, but I sent a message to the trader with a screenshot and he replaced it for me.

If you want to buy from someone on SteamTrades or Barter, you need to check their reputation first.

Judging from what I see on GG Deals, the lowest Hi-Fi Rush was is $6.19, so if someone is selling for lower than that it should raise questions.
Yeah, I'm aware of GG.deals, but if you found someone who just wanted to get rid of his keys, you could get games for much cheaper than even the cheapest price on GG.deals.

For example, I got Kingdoms of Amalur: FATE Edition for 5 dollars on Steamtrades, even though it should be 8 dollars at least.

Or from the same guy who sold me Hi-Fi Rush, I also got Atari: 50th Anniversary for 2 dollars, but it's 3.18 dollars on GG.deals. (This is why I'm not sure if he was a scammer, because the Atari game is working fine so far).

But after having that experience, I'm going to be much more cautious.

Elttharion

Learned

Yeah, I'm aware of GG.deals, but if you found someone who just wanted to get rid of his keys, you could get games for much cheaper than even the cheapest price on GG.deals.

For example, I got Kingdoms of Amalur: FATE Edition for 5 dollars on Steamtrades, even though it should be 8 dollars at least.

Or from the same guy who sold me Hi-Fi Rush, I also got Atari: 50th Anniversary for 2 dollars, but it's 3.18 dollars on GG.deals. (This is why I'm not sure if he was a scammer, because the Atari game is working fine so far).

Steam removing a game from your library usually happens when either the publisher revokes the key or if the store contacts steam when someone does a chargeback on their credit card. Stolen credit cards are usually the biggest reason why keys are revoked. What was his reputation on steamtrades? I never had a problem there but I only trade with people with public steam accounts and very high positive reputations. Seems weird someone would nuke his account for 5 bucks. Did he block you on steam? Cant you check his account in you trade history?

I also only had problems with key sellers once, when a dude sold me RUS locked key, he apologized and refunded the full ammount for me in less than an hour.

Chuck Norris

Augur

Steam removing a game from your library usually happens when either the publisher revokes the key or if the store contacts steam when someone does a chargeback on their credit card. Stolen credit cards are usually the biggest reason why keys are revoked. What was his reputation on steamtrades? I never had a problem there but I only trade with people with public steam accounts and very high positive reputations. Seems weird someone would nuke his account for 5 bucks. Did he block you on steam? Cant you check his account in you trade history?

I also only had problems with key sellers once, when a dude sold me RUS locked key, he apologized and refunded the full ammount for me in less than an hour.
I see. So the stolen credit card theory is the strongest. Do you know how long it takes for this to take effect? For example, can a game be revoked months after being activated?

His reputation on Steamtrades was +11. I know that's low, but I bought keys from lower reputations and I was fine.

His steam profile was not public. That should have been a red flag, but I didn't think anything of it. I should pay attention to that from now on.

He didn't nuke his account. Just closed all the open deals. He also made some deals with others. Some of them are resellers, so if he sold them a bad key, it would take a while for them to find out.

I have sent him a friend request again. I doubt he would accept it, but we'll see.

Fargus

Arcane

20 Jun

What the royal fuck? I bought hundreds of games through shady russian key\gift vendors but never experienced anything like this.

It's funny when even russian key stores are more legit than whatever you guys use out there.

My condolences anyway. Losing money sucks.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Do you know how long it takes for this to take effect? For example, can a game be revoked months after being activated?

There are to many factors to be able to answer that with certainty. In theory, it could be months away.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom