Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland The Wasteland 2 Beta Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

its not what im saying. its what you are saying i am saying, you fucking human pathetic fecal splurge.

because you are literally that stupid that you think you will win by a blatant strawman fallacy.
and convince anyone that is what im actually thinking.

there are other solutions that are much better, but youre just too stupid.
What an inane post, you really are a useless fucking cunt. You say the skills are doubled up superfluously and you only need one skill, but your argument revolves entirely around how "I dinint say nothing!". Forgive me for assuming you were actually making a point and understood how constructive criticism works. You spend more time defending how you've provided nothing than actually trying to provide something.

No I don't want to win anything you loser, you win, :bravo:. You've convinced me that I was wrong to argue with you because you really aren't saying anything at all.

Yep, I'm just too stupid to come up with your side of the argument for you, oh well. I figured I'd just go with what you said in your original post but I can see that it wasn't specific enough to represent your imaginary solution. :hearnoevil:

because you are a overblown whiny
You have the mind of a toddler, seriously, it's like you just learned a new insult and can't help but parroting it out of context like a moron.:M inb4 your next kindergarten level diatribe and angry defence of all those things you apparently never said.

Elthosian

Arcane
There is a cave in the upper Highpool area that u can only find if you use the perception skill.

Do you mean...

the one with the slaughtered Red Skorpions? If so... damn, that area really feels out of place, how did the Highpool people not know that they had a RS base right beneath their houses? The worst part is that the only two entrances lead either to the water system or to the plaza, so they would have had to use the crane to get there anyways, and even if the residents did know about them they just keep telling you they are calling them for help as if they were soooooo far away and didn't give a fuck about the situation, couldn't they simply go down there and check their base, maybe, dunno, seeing the dozens of mutilated corpses?

Though that one did have two entrances so maybe it's not the same, still, Brother None, what the heck is going on with that place? :rpgcodex:

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
They obviously listen to feedback considering what a horrible minmash of concepts the dialogue screen is, for example. Perhaps they shouldn't.
What's wrong with dialogs? Haven't heard much of it since early screenshots.
It looks like it wanted to be a parser but people didn't want that so they marked the keywords automatically and put buttons, but people didn't like that so they put dialog strings for each button. It just looks weird.

Does anything of value actually come of passing the smart ass check when you have to choose between the ag center and highpool? I imagine you don't really get to go to both.

Elthosian

Arcane
Does anything of value actually come of passing the smart ass check when you have to choose between the ag center and highpool? I imagine you don't really get to go to both.

Nah, the "Both" option is not for asking if you can try to save both places, it's more like asking Vargas about how is that both places are getting attacked at the same time and you only get a short response about it.

JParabellum: Thanks! I hope they know how to connect that area to the rest of the settlement because just adding some content/subquest won't do it.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://wastelandrpg.tumblr.com/post...-new-build-will-likely-break-save-games-while

Upcoming new build will likely break save games while fixing some major known issues

We will be making an update in the next few days that will include major fixes for a number of the most common blocker bugs, as well as numerous other fixes and improvements based on the feedback we have been getting on the beta. This update will likely break all existing save games and force you to start a new game. If you don’t want this to happen, open up your Steam Library, select properties on Wasteland 2, go to the Updates tab and set it to “Do not automatically update this game”. This will allow you to continue your game and update at your own convenience later. HOWEVER, if you do this, please do check the patch notes before reporting bugs and mention your version number in any bug reports you make.

Based on the beta feedback so far, here are known major game-breaking issues:
  • Agricultural Center crashes to desktop on map transition: this should be fixed in the next build
  • Saves made in Highpool after the fight with the wreckers surrounding the mortar are corrupt: we are currently working on this issue and it should be fixed in next build
  • The UI scaling does not work properly and makes text unreadable: the next build will contain more UI scaling and resizing options which should resolve these issues
  • Custom portraits are replaced by white field and related saves are corrupted: this should be fixed in the next build, in the meantime we recommend not using custom portraits
  • There is significant mouse lag: we are currently working on this and improvements should be in the next build
  • The game is not optimized: we will do several optimization passes as we progress, with each build the game should run better
  • Numerous other fixes will be in the next build, full patch notes will be published when the build goes up

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Please for the love of god they need to remove those retarded skyrim jokes. They were never funny then and they aren't now.

Not like it would be a big deal to do it in any case, it's not voiced, and it certainly isn't something a writer spent time crafting.

One is fine, two is pushing, three is retarded, label it under "diversifying dialogue" many NPCs are saying the same exact flavour text with the same reference, fix it. It's not actually an issue I care about, but it does make the game's writing quality (or humor quality) look shitty and repetitive... Not much unlike the game they're referencing.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Dialog/text fixes/changes are not high-priority. We'll sort through a lot of that stuff in later builds, more likely.

Good stuff. I wonder if those links I gave them were helpful
I sent 'em on (and directly linked to a number of posts from this thread) and discussed 'em. I believe we are indeed looking at implementing something like you suggested.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Not like it would be a big deal to do it in any case, it's not voiced, and it certainly isn't something a writer spent time crafting.

One is fine, two is pushing, three is retarded, label it under "diversifying dialogue" many NPCs are saying the same exact flavour text with the same reference, fix it. It's not actually an issue I care about, but it does make the game's writing quality (or humor quality) look shitty and repetitive... Not much unlike the game they're referencing.

"Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a Nuclear Winter".

HHodyym.gif

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I sent 'em on (and directly linked to a number of posts from this thread) and discussed 'em. I believe we are indeed looking at implementing something like you suggested.

Cool. I honestly don't know why more games don't use Raw Input, the mouse feel is the best - so smooth.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Is there anything positive about this game?

Plenty. Especially once it actually gets fucking released, instead of this alpha/beta stage... Fargo and his team can easily make this one of the classics.. We don't know the final releasedate yet.. so :)

It's just that.. there's alot of angry young men on this site as I've noticed... think nothing of it!

Unwanted

Sycophantic Noob

Andhaira
Andhaira
vCg7AM4.jpg

Great job Fargo. Why shoehorn the same 'joke' three times in the game? Isn't it supposed to have good writers?

Horus

Arcane
Istanbul-Constantinople-Byzantium-Piece of land.
Is there anything positive about this game?

Plenty. Especially once it actually gets fucking released, instead of this alpha/beta stage... Fargo and his team can easily make this one of the classics.. We don't know the final releasedate yet.. so :)

It's just that.. there's alot of angry young men on this site as I've noticed... think nothing of it!
No way man. We younglings are still the hopeful, optimist fools.

Most bitter members here are the ancient ones who saw the glory era of RPG'S. We are used to shit they call RPG's today but they hate most of them with passion.

This generalization does not include trolls and Skyway ofc.

Last edited:
I love how Wasteland 2 fall to 13th? position on Steam, but returned to the 10th after it was rebranded as "Digital Deluxe Edition" :troll:

Toll

Novice
The semi-redundant skills has a fairly simple fix. Alter the structure of the skills system to allow skill specializations. So you take field medic, at field Medic 3 you can choose to move into surgery or into emergency combat aid.
Safe cracking should be a specialized form of lock picking, as should be bypassing electronic locks. I have excellent computer skills, couldn't bypass an electronic lock because that is electronics not computer for instance.

This would require a sweeping change to the current maps though as early game safes would be highly likely inaccessible. Although I think it would be for the better.

Field stripping and weaponsmithing, essentially the reverse of each other. Should be one skill
Field Medic and Surgeon, an extension of the same skill..
Safe cracking and lock picking, again extension.
A shotgun doesn't take much skill to use proficiently, unlike an assault rifle. A sniper rifle takes more again, yet they are all treated the same. It is silly.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Gunsmithing should be a rather rare skill (maybe have it be more expensive to improve) but also more useful: create new weapons/do high quality modifications to existing ones while field stripping should be rather commonplace (have it be quite cheap to improve) but useful just for basic maintenance, or maybe even for low quality modifications. However, from what I understand, item degradation won't be implemented, which makes field stripping rather useless in this setup. What are the current implemented differences between field stripping and weaponsmithing? I haven't used them, so I am unaware of the in-game differences.

I do agree with this. Field Stripping should be a somewhat 'minor' skill that every ranger should have some proficiency in, some maybe less than others (like, say, a field medic not being as good at it because he's more of a doctor than a soldier) which can potentially branch outwards to gunsmithing if the player wants to invest in it. Same thing with field medics and surgeons, in that a field medic can either choose to continue levelling up his field medic skills and become very proficient at it, or choose to branch outwards to surgery and try to become a jack of all trades, have someone proficient at locking able to branch outwards to specialize in either physical locks (with safecracking included) or electronic locks, etc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom