Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter The Wayward Realms - upcoming Daggerfall-like RPG from original Elder Scrolls developers - coming to Kickstarter

To be fair, Original Shit games were so much worse than Divine Divinity that things would've been better had they turned out to be vaporware.

grimace

Arcane
So, honestly curious. How many of these "original devs of X game make a comeback" projects actually succeeded? The only one I tracked recently was Underworld Ascendant, which... y'know.

Success for which party? The developer or the devoted open wallet supporter?

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
So, honestly curious. How many of these "original devs of X game make a comeback" projects actually succeeded? The only one I tracked recently was Underworld Ascendant, which... y'know.

Success for which party? The developer or the devoted open wallet supporter?

I suppose I should say "critical and audience acclaim of a finished game" instead of something like mere financial success. Because if it's just money, I can already think of quite a few.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Some music tracks have been released. It's unclear from the description whether these are going to be used in the game.

The composer is the same guy who did Arena and Daggerfall.

Zeriel

Arcane
Holy shit that's a dosage of awesome. If only he was working on something that wasn't vaporware. I'd love to hear that music attached to something like Call of Saregnar.

grimace

Arcane
Music, art, nostalgia--
where's the game code?

Everyday I pray for Julian LeFay.

grimace

Arcane
It's more fun to imagine the idea of 'the game'! Let the fans create art based on this imagined ideas and find new converts to the wayward realms.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
At this pace, in 20 years chatgpt will just make a game for them and they'll ship it, et voila. Will put all you doubters to shame.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Help us in welcoming our new social media & community manager Victoria! She'll be bringing you the news on all things Once Lost Games and Wayward Realms.

Stay tuned for more video introducing the rest of the team that's bringing Wayward Realms to life!

Special thanks to Ramon Molesworth for additional music.
You can listen to more of Ramon's work here: https://soundcloud.com/rtmolesworth

Self-Ejected

Netch

Self-Ejected
Ah yes, surely all they needed to really get this project going was a new community manager. I mean, it's only been, what, 4 years since they announced the game? Might as well have been yesterday!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom