Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 1 Thread

MasPingon

Arcane
Same problem here, but my bounty hunter was at least a crazy childkiller

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Hmm I visited Druids in the Swamps on Chapter 2. I could've sworn I heard one of them whistling the Imperial march from Star Wars :D

yarpen

Novice
RK47 said:
Hmm I visited Druids in the Swamps on Chapter 2. I could've sworn I heard one of them whistling the Imperial march from Star Wars :D
:) shh, it's a secret. About the bounty hunter -- yeah, not the best idea ever, but honestly, we needed a quick solution. I know there are plans for reputation system for next titles, which should work out much better.

Deleted member 7219

yarpen said:
RK47 said:
:) shh, it's a secret. About the bounty hunter -- yeah, not the best idea ever, but honestly, we needed a quick solution. I know there are plans for reputation system for next titles, which should work out much better.

I'm in Chapter 4 at the moment and I am totally loving this game. I still can't believe its built on the Aurora engine. I know you guys did a lot of modification but still, having these wide open detailed environments in the same engine as NWN... wow, kudos to you guys.

The visuals are just beautiful, especially the sunrises and sunsets. Really makes exploration at all times of the day and night interesting.

Please tell me you are making a sequel to this.

MasPingon

Arcane
yarpen said:
RK47 said:

You could at least make him killable. There is no other way then load your last saved game when he meets you.

Texas Red

Whiner
Kingston said:
"Next titles". Hint, hint. Its also been said that this game is the opener to the "Witcher" universe. I'd expect sequels.

I hope it will be an expansion(maybe with a different protagonist). I really dont care to wait another 4 years for a sequel :?

indigo

Novice
250km south from The Witcher's creators office
Matt7895 said:
The visuals are just beautiful, especially the sunrises and sunsets. Really makes exploration at all times of the day and night interesting.

yes those are the most beautiful sunsets without the sun Ive ever seen :cool:
so yarpen.. any decisions regarding improvements in patch posted here? (inventory size & sort, new item highlighting, auto-save off option, sword autohiding etc.)

edit: Vodyanoi and Dagon - someone in CDPR inspired by Lovecraft? :cool: Now Im waiting for Cindirella, Sauron, Conan, 101 Dalmatians...

edit: that circular shaped part of Wyzima.. it awfuly reminds me some other game the name I dont want to mention... is it just me?

RK47

Patron
witcher01.jpg

Direwolf

Arcane
indigo said:
edit: Vodyanoi and Dagon - someone in CDPR inspired by Lovecraft? :cool: Now Im waiting for Cindirella, Sauron, Conan, 101 Dalmatians...

I know for a fact that vodyanye are pretty big in Russian folklore. They existed in folklore way before Lovecraft was born.
So did Dagon for that matter.
Considering that Lovecraft directly or indirectly inspired all of 20th century fantasy, horror and science fiction, I don't see it as a big deal.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Geralt Sparta-kicking Toddler is just so full of Win that words fail to encapsulate such winnage.

You need to sub the following under the pic: KEEP YUR TREATS TO URSELF!!!

dragonfk

Erudite
indigo said:
Matt7895 said:
edit: that circular shaped part of Wyzima.. it awfuly reminds me some other game the name I dont want to mention... is it just me?

indigo said:
ehm.. i dont quite get it (yeah, i know, think whatever...) - whats that picture? i know its from TW - but how its related with my post above (if related)

You had Oblivion main city in mind, havent you (yeap, it was so fucking great name that I dont even remember right now what it was, or maybe I am just fed up with writing my report after laboratory)? Nevertheless havent you noticed the guy which Geralt kicks? Dont you recognise him? Ill give you a hint: Tod...PR Bethesda monkey.

Lets kick Bethesda out of Footb...I mean Earth.

RK47

Patron
it's called Imperial City *imperial march* where people live talking about rumours everyday.

KazikluBey

Cipher
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
dragonfk said:
Ill give you a hint: Tod...PR Bethesda monkey.
Get your Bethesda pantheon straight, dammit. Todd Howard is the producer on Fallout 3 and was the lead designer on Oblivion. The PR monkey is Pete Hines.

suleo

Scholar
That's awesome!

I think this and the geralt-kicking-todd picture should be included in the codex review of TW, whenever it happens :P.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
Was it Geralt or that one dwarf who said "moral relativism kills people"? Either way I found that to be a strange statement in a game with a tagline of "no good, no evil, only decisions and consequences."

Direwolf

Arcane
Jaime Lannister said:
Was it Geralt or that one dwarf who said "moral relativism kills people"? Either way I found that to be a strange statement in a game with a tagline of "no good, no evil, only decisions and consequences."

In The Last Wish Geralt said that he didn't believe in "lesser evil".
I guess he changed his mind since then.

Direwolf

Arcane
Does anyone know where I can find the storage container/inn/tavern in Act 5? I want to grab some runes for my new sword, but have no idea if there is even an NPC that lets you get your stored stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom