Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition

Discussion in 'CD Projekt Red' started by Infinitron, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Goldschmidt Learned

Goldschmidt
    So I grabbed this on GOG for 10 bucks cuz it is Christmas sales. I already complain to myself ever buying it. Controls are total crap and the game reeks like a console port. How this got so overhyped, is beyond me. But I guess it has nude Jennifer and cute Siri.

• Merry Christmas! x 5
    • Participation Award x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • /facepalm/ x 1
    • retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. hivemind Cipher Patron Pretty Princess

hivemind
    redpill me on whether i should buy this for a replay or just play risen 2

• STOP! posting STOP! posting x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Yosharian Magister

Yosharian
    Make sure you play with the W3EE mod

• No No x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    If you like interactive movies, watch a few trailers and make a decision whether you will like the story. In terms of challenge the vanilla game doesn't offer anything, so it's a storyfag game.

If you actually want challenging combat and something closer to an RPG with interconnected and interacting systems of combat, character buildup and crafting, you need something called "Witcher 3 Enhanced Edition" mod. It's an overhaul that brings the game into RPG territory.

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. hivemind Cipher Patron Pretty Princess

hivemind
    i already played it once and i cant use mods

whhich means rip i guess

• cuck cuck x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. moon knight Matt7895's alt

moon knight

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. adddeed Erudite Possibly Retarded

adddeed
    Purely from a gameplay standpoint i had way more fun with Risen 2.
    As a whole however Witcher 3 is well worth a play.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    You have it on console? It's dirt cheap for PC and the modded playthrough is worth it, just saying.

^ Top  
  9. moon knight Matt7895's alt

moon knight
    What are the best itemization mods? I don't want like gold spawning in peasants houses

^ Top  
  10. Old Hans Cipher

Old Hans
    I forget the name, but there is a mod on the Nexus that removes all lootable boxes, so you dont find a bags of priceless jewels in every peasant house.

• Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas! x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. hivemind Cipher Patron Pretty Princess

hivemind
    i am playing through cloud services so i cant install mods locally and the poles didnt give it workshop

• cuck cuck x 1
    • Disgusting! Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    The EE mod also removes most random loot.

^ Top  
  13. moon knight Matt7895's alt

moon knight
    The EE is a bloated mess and conflicts with lots of other mods, like Primer. Thank you for the answer, tho.

^ Top  
  14. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    I turn off all the essential needs stuff, but other than that, I keep everything at defaults and I feel happy.

The biggest downside is that when all systems start to actually matter, preparation for quests and maintenance takes more time and your playthrough goes slower. There is also an element of grinding involved in order to level up the skills.

Trying to use the EE with other mods is fabulously optimistic. I like it because it doesn't need other mods.

^ Top  
  15. Chippy Arcane

Chippy
    Most of my time on the Codex is bitching about W3, so I'm not gonna break the habit. Here's another example of bad decision making that I can spot: why does Geralt counter an enemy attack by kicking the enemy to the ground, and then having to step forwad to stab the enemy on the ground?. Because if you're facing more than 1 enemy, the other guy(s) always get a free shot on Geralt.

So CDProjekt sat there and said: "Lets frustrate the player (by making our broken comabt more realistic, instead of just giving them a pass) by ensuring that the counter attack leaves Geralt open to enemy attacks from all sides."

My memories a bit hazy on how counterattacks worked in Assassins Creed, LOTR: Shadow Of Mordor, and Batman Arkham Asylum. But I'm 90% sure they didn't do that with counters.

Why not just: counterattack > cut enemy's head off?. Or maybe do something with the 'RPG' systems so that Geralt kicks them at a lower level, and and moves up to slicing a throat or decapitation at higher ones.

It's stuff like this that makes the game feel like a shit job.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • That's an Elephant That's an Elephant x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    weeeell shieeeeeet

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
    • Funny x 11
    • Whatever shit you posted didn't load x 2
    • No x 1
    • STOP! posting x 1
    • Despair x 1
    • it is a mystery x 1
    • Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Tyrr Educated

Tyrr
    HAHA
    [​IMG]

^ Top  
  18. Manjuice Nutella Arcane

Manjuice Nutella
    And the next best thing about delevelling is that starting cover armor is all-around useful, instead of dumping it after 2 hours and having to look like a retard for 60% of the game (there were also Witcher sets but you looked like a hobo in them, until the last tiers that is.)

^ Top  
  19. Yosharian Magister

Yosharian
    A bloated mess? Uhh no

^ Top  
  20. Manjuice Nutella Arcane

Manjuice Nutella
    It is fucking brutal tho on that highest difficulty, ironically called "Normal" lmao. It's like Bloodborne on amphetamine, except with no i-frames.

I thnk I had to restart a fight with Ekimma like 50 times (!!!) and most of it was Geralt being stuck on walls and between candles with no space to maneuver, or getting hit by attacks which often clearly did not connect. "Big" monsters are even worse in that regard.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    If you mean the Ekimmara that you find from investigating the ghouls, that combat is incredibly annoying because of the dead bodies and debris that can block you. I ended up cheesing it by hiding near the doorway through which I enter the room and after a while combat state would end and I would be able to make a savegame, autosave or manual.

^ Top  
  22. Manjuice Nutella Arcane

Manjuice Nutella
    I mean the Ekimma(ra? in English) that is a requirement to obtain the blueprints for a Basic Tier of Griffin Armo, here:

The most problematic thing was that, instead of attacking me, the vampire was running around, half of the time getting stuck on walls and candles. Or me, with the Ekimma at 20% hp :lol: and when he was looking at it, sometimes decided to do some wide swipe etc, that was, welll...

One way or another, this mod is truly the most amazing thing since sliced bread.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Old Hans Cipher

Old Hans
    the AI sucks no matter what variables people try to change. The werewolf is another one where something happens when hits a certain % of it's health and it stops aggroing and runs around in circles.

^ Top  
  24. ekrolo2 Learned

ekrolo2
    Does EE let you customize enemy health and such? Every video using it I see has damage sponges that refuse to die in less then half an hour of wailing at them.

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    yes both enemies and you, also damage output for both enemies and you in simple sliders.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.