Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Perkel

Arcane
Ciri is too overpowered to be mc.
Also i think reds want to have game with char gen for once (which probably be C2077)

Part of me want C2077 as proper system based RPG with party
Part of me wants C2077 to be non char gen mc with set story and focus on story knowing reds excellence in writting.

Darkzone

Arcane
Ciri is too overpowered to be mc.
Also i think reds want to have game with char gen for once (which probably be C2077)

Part of me wants C2077 to be non char gen mc with set story and focus on story knowing reds excellence in writting.
CP is difficult in the aspect of char gen and a fixed story, because the classes are very dependent on their 'jobs'. I loved to make scenarios which evolved around Corporates and Cops. I have watched too much Blade Runner.

Parsifarka

Arcane
they should choose a new successful and well known IP with many books as source, that has been not used in games before, like the Dark Tower.
There's no problem in using an already seen IP as long as it is Dune. The world needs the second coming of the Kwisatz Haderach

Darkzone

Arcane
they should choose a new successful and well known IP with many books as source, that has been not used in games before, like the Dark Tower.
There's no problem in using an already seen IP as long as it is Dune. The world needs the second coming of the Kwisatz Haderach
Dune is also a very strong IP, that needs some new blood infusion, but ... difficult. Play as Paul? Or as a Fremen? Or the Atreides dynasty in three installments? There have been 5 dune games already, but i would love to see a Dune RPG with the visual style of David Lynch's film and Eno's music.

Perkel

Arcane
I don't think Dune is good for something other than telitele style choose your own adventure game.

Quatlo

Arcane
Really? An rpg when you play as a fremen, fighting your first duels and the high point of a story being you riding your first shai hulud would end with me having a heart attack and dying covered in cum. That would be glorious.

Atomkilla

Arcane
I don't think Dune is good for any game at all. This comes from a man who loves Dune strategy games, or at least loved them. It's a great setting, but heart of the Dune is in its philosophy, themes, characters and dialogues - you can make a game out of it, of course, but you'd be pretty limited in the Dune universe if you would focus on Muad'dib, Atreides and so on, given that most of the stuff related to them has been explored in the books already, I guess it's better to just make a new IP and explore similar themes.

bonescraper

jakub-rozalski-dziadek-mroz-01small.jpg

jakub-rozalski-cultist-01.jpg

ma5rsjwhite.jpg

jakub-rozalski-very-severe-winter-jr-small.jpg

jakub-rozalski-witcher-02.jpg

werewolf_doneeee.jpg

jakub-rozalski-bad-wolf-small.jpg

jakub-rozalski-art-leszy.jpg

griffon_witcher.jpg

dark_fairy1.jpg

jakub-rozalski-driady.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
I don't think Dune is good for any game at all. This comes from a man who loves Dune strategy games, or at least loved them. It's a great setting, but heart of the Dune is in its philosophy, themes, characters and dialogues - you can make a game out of it, of course, but you'd be pretty limited in the Dune universe if you would focus on Muad'dib, Atreides and so on, given that most of the stuff related to them has been explored in the books already, I guess it's better to just make a new IP and explore similar themes.

Dude no one reads book these days ,you can make games based on all the books in the world and less than 1% would reconize them.More games should be based on books because no one seems to have imagination anymore ,we keep getting the same rehashed garbage every fucking year and no one seems to care.

hiver

You would get the same rehashed garbage whatever books would be used, as they would not change anything but superficial wrapping around the same rehashed garbage.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
You would get the same rehashed garbage whatever books would be used, as they would not change anything but superficial wrapping around the same rehashed garbage.

I have no mouth and i must scream was a pretty good adaptation even tho the game had some retarded puzzle at times.

hiver

Looooong time ago.

Also, If you are expecting originality and novelty from mass market well then :lol: at you.
But the last several pages were complete shitposting anyway, so you can all feel free to continue wishing well.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The Seventh Sense games are a very faithful adaptation of the Lone Wolf books.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Looooong time ago.

Also, If you are expecting originality and novelty from mass market well then :lol: at you.
But the last several pages were complete shitposting so you can all feel free to continue wishing well.

It doesn't matter if it was a looooong time ago ,it shows that there are good books out there that have the potential to be good games as well.

And i think there are a lot of people who can do some original ideas with the help of Kickstarter ''Obsidian,Larian,Inxile,Daedalic'' but sadly all of them went with the same rehashed garbage that seems to not sell that good anymore.

hiver

The Seventh Sense games are a very faithful adaptation of the Lone Wolf books.
These Lone Wolf books : The Kai Series (gamebooks 1 to 5) follows Lone Wolf as he rallies the armies of Sommerlund and her ally, Durenor, to repel the invasion, -?

Bet he has three companions and retard, stupid, tool dialogue options.

Ptosio

Arcane

They're great at telling stories, presenting character's interactions, writing dialogues. They're mediocre when it comes to the RPG mechanics. I don't want them to jump into the "mumIwannaplayasME" bandwagon.

I would love to play in some worlds created by J.Dukaj, I would also settle for a proper steampunk (Sapkowski always jokingly says his new book will be "about steam machines". High time he actually delivers:P). I think the Witcher IP needs some rest but I'd not be happy if that means it's dead forever.

It'd be great if CDP could make one RPG every 1.5 year but I'm afraid there's no manpower available for that:/

Darkzone

Arcane
It'd be great if CDP could make one RPG every 1.5 year but I'm afraid there's no manpower available for that:/
As the world was in turmoil one country stand against the tides, only to be overcome by the changes that resulted from the turmoil. Peace was not enduring for this country nor for it's people.

Technically they could, if the scope is not so large. ;) The success of their current project decides their further fate. If we are luck we will have in 1.5 years CP77, and if TW3 is very successful CDPR can pull more brain and manpower from outside of poland.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Of course, other Poles will attack me now and insist that I'm the only one who feels this way, that I'm weird, unpatriotic, ungrateful and deaf (even though I have experience with audio engineering and shit... but of course, there is a notion some audio engineers are indeed deaf, otherwise modern albums would not sound so pathetic, but I digress).

It's incredible that you had to post this, and that you turned out to be absolutely correct. What a bizarre species you slavs are.

Perkel

Arcane

They're great at telling stories, presenting character's interactions, writing dialogues. They're mediocre when it comes to the RPG mechanics. I don't want them to jump into the "mumIwannaplayasME" bandwagon.

That is because they had to work on witcher with set story and be faithful to the books.

There are shitton of people there who wants to make proper char gen rpg and whole start of business was to make their own BG, Torment and so on.
Just look at one of the first Cyberpunk 2077 interviews where their game designer was talking how they want to convert PnP system into a game, talking already on class balances etc.

But that after release. We don't know what is happening with CB77 now. Some journo said that he saw something behind scenes from CB77 dev team and if this would be what game will look like then oh boy !.
Which points that CB77 will probably have way better graphic than TW3 which doesn't make any sense if they are making it full party rpg.

Imo i think CB2077 will end up as ME kind of clone with tactical view.

Deleted member 7219

why would anyone buy it on steam

At least Steam is better than Origin. Most sane people can agree on that. But GOG is the obvious choice here, as it is the developer's own preferred retailer.

why would anyone buy it

WHY DO PEOPLE BUY FISH? I HATE FISH SO PEOPLE SHOULDN'T BUY FISH

Beowulf

Arcane
[...]
Does Russia only have one company doing game dubs as well? I could swear I hear some voices from Stalker/Metro there (since those games shared like 80% of voice actors as well).

Same situation as in Poland: either young theater\cinema actors doing odd jobs for extra cash or amateurs from 90s who were doing Western cartoon voiceovers before, which led to homogenity of the scene. I don't really follow localizations though, TWitcher series are the only games I've played in Russian lately, mostly due to it being closer to Polish than English.

Which is true for pretty every game released, with few exceptions. W2 being one of those exceptions actually. Just take a look at this list:
http://www.filmweb.pl/videogame/Wiedźmin+2:+Zabójcy+królów-2011-608109/cast/actors

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom