Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Echo Mirage

Arcane
The sorceresses have a reputation to keep. Everyone expects them to be beautiful and vain. But they are forced to take what they can get since all the decent looking girls are farmed out for alliances and dowries. Leaving the collages with the types of girl no one else wants. There is a quote in one of the books somewhere what says that the sorceresses have the looks of beautiful women. Yet the hate filled eyes of ugly girls.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
There is a quote in one of the books somewhere what says that the sorceresses have the looks of beautiful women. Yet the hate filled eyes of ugly girls.

Interesting. Genuinelly unsure if the tumblerinas would love the books or hate them.
Why would they love them? It's 99% for normalfags, there's maybe some slight lesbian vibe. Lots of literal rape.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
True. The more race/gender egalitarian side are the antagonist "Blacks" from Nilfgaard. :D

pippin

Currently revisiting TW1 Act 2. Wow, the length of fed-ex chain punctuated with combat here and there...
Somehow I just lost my stamina after failing to find a NPC. Told me to visit a tavern. Went there at different times, guy's not there.
Look at the quest journal and it's full of those kinds.

I shd take a break.

Isn't that Ramsomething? The guy is there at certain days on certain hours. I was confused too.

corvus

Arcane
What about Ciri

Gross.

and the healer from TW1 ? :D

Shani could show up in a cameo while in Vizima, but I doubt as anything more than in a sidequest or just one more silly sex scene. There was much gnashing of teeth on CDPR's forums over Shani's complete absence as anything but a journal blurb in TW2.

DeepOcean

Arcane

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
Aren't all sorceresses in the witcherverse ugly old hags that made themselves look attractive or some such?

IIRC Triss is naturally hot because she's alergic to magic or something like that (she has a big scar she hasn't removed by magic plastic surgery). Also probably the elf sorceress chick, Francesca Fin-something.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

made

Arcane
What happened to Geralt's love Triss?! (I only played TW2 to half before I got bored by its combat system).

She's still in it and moaning in that Sword of Destiny trailer. Get ready for love triangle C&C.
Triangle means Geralt, Triss and Yeneffer. What about Ciri and the healer from TW1 ? :D
Ciri is Geralt's daughter you pervert!:bounce:
That's just what Geralt Geralt tells people to avoid trouble with the authorities. :smug:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
But it pretty much is exactly that. This game is very much like let's say, Ass Creed IV: Black Flag. TW3 has dialogue options, loot and plenty of C&C on top of that, and i definitely wouldn't want those elements out.

:nocountryforshitposters:

Call me oldfashioned but I'm pretty sure C&C, dialogue options and character development is precisely what turns an action adventure into an RPG.

No, turn-based, isometric with character creation and groin aiming turns adventure into an RPG.

ArchAngel

Arcane
What happened to Geralt's love Triss?! (I only played TW2 to half before I got bored by its combat system).

She's still in it and moaning in that Sword of Destiny trailer. Get ready for love triangle C&C.
Triangle means Geralt, Triss and Yeneffer. What about Ciri and the healer from TW1 ? :D
Ciri is Geralt's daughter you pervert!:bounce:
Wait, isn't this game supposed to be inclusive?
The incest groups will be very offended if not.

Gerrard

Arcane
So much for that anti-leak feature? I can't wait till they fuck over paying customers again.

norolim

Arcane
Sooo, 10 pages in 24 hours. Codex must really be hyped for this game.

There is talk that the game has been leaked in the Arab emirates and that its being streamed already.

Yeah, some idiots in Dubai don't know the difference between 9 and 19 and started selling the game today.

Anyway, I'm out of this thread, cause you morons will watch that shit and then spoil the game for everyone.

pippin

Petrodollars are worth much more than Potatodollars.
Good for Isis and their .................danger zone!

bonescraper

http://gearnuke.com/witcher-3-relea...on-wild-cdpr-confirms-censorship-middle-east/

The Witcher 3 Release Date Broken, PS4 & XBO Copies Out In The Wild
witcher3-1.png

POST TAGS
CD PROJECT REDTHE WITCHER 3
SHARE THIS
INTERESTING POSTS
BY KHURRAM IMTIAZ - MAY, 8TH 2015

The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt will be officially released on May 19th but some stores in the Middle East are apparently already selling the retail version of the game, ahead of the official release.

In case you missed the news, the version that is being sold is the censored version of the game, as confirmed by Rafal Jaki, Business Development Manager at CDPR. He details the things that they had to censor in order to get an official release of the game in the Middle-East in a post on the official The Witcher 3 forums.

I would not really call it a censored version. Yes we had to cover the frontal nudity, and turn down some gore, but this is not what the game is about. The Arabic translation is high quality so we would like for the Arab Gamers to try it out.

The countries that are set to receive this censored version include United Arab Emirates, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, and Lebanon.

The copy that is featured in the image above is from UAE so it is likely the censored version. But we can see some of the bonus features listed which includes The Witcher Universe: Compendium, World Map, Wolf Head Stickers and Official Soundtrack.

The Witcher 3 will be out on May 19th 2015 on the PS4, Xbox One and PC.

Let us know what you think of this news in the comments below.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Bah, nobody wants to play the Arab version of a Witcher game anyway. We want boobie cards not burka cards!
:baka:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom