Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Echo Mirage

Arcane
I didn't get to see the stream. But I'm hearing people saying that its confirmation of not only a downgrade but also of a forced parity with consoles.

But then again people always doom and gloom before a release so it's hard to get any straight answers from anyone.

Zeriel

Arcane
I didn't get to see the stream. But I'm hearing people saying that its confirmation of not only a downgrade but also of a forced parity with consoles.

But then again people always doom and gloom before a release so it's hard to get any straight answers from anyone.

It's a fucking stream man, people judging game quality by youtube or tv shows (as we saw so recently with the Conan bit) is hilariously dumb.

There's like 1 out of 1,000 Twitch streamers that actually push enough data through their upstream to stream in better-than-youtube-quality, and even in that case it's still significantly less quality than raw video.

Witcher 3 will be lower image quality than if they had done Witcher 2 with modern tech since its open world, but it is far better looking than anything else that is out right now. I chalk most of that up to CDProjekt having good artists (Witcher 1 looked infinitely better than Neverwinter Nights, as a comparison), but I think it's safe to say that Witcher 3 is going to be the benchmark to beat in visuals for quite a while.

ETA: Wasn't the stream of a console version? Since the PC version requires a file from CDProjekt, people were discussing how its ironic that consoles leak before PC while all the talk is over PC piracy.

Last edited:

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
Currently revisiting TW1 Act 2. Wow, the length of fed-ex chain punctuated with combat here and there...
Somehow I just lost my stamina after failing to find a NPC. Told me to visit a tavern. Went there at different times, guy's not there.
Look at the quest journal and it's full of those kinds.

I shd take a break.
The worst segments of the TW1 for me were the parts where the game forces you to get drunk. Then you move so fucking slowly, can't see shit and it lasts for like 5 minutes...... and they make you do it over and over and over again. So fucking stupid. I quit several times because of that shit and in the end only managed to finish the game because I made 40 or so 'end drunkenness' potions. In fact it was probably the only potion I made outside of the tutorial and stat boosts.

Unwanted

Goat Vomit

Andhaira
Andhaira
Can't wait to play this on my GTX 960 :smug:

This game will rule faggots. Just you wait. I'm pretty sure it will be at least a good for what it is

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
In case you missed the news, the version that is being sold is the censored version of the game.

I would not really call it a censored version. Yes we had to cover the frontal nudity, and turn down some gore

:retarded:
I'm sure CDP doesn't want to be the first place in Poland to get officially bombed by terrorists.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Exclusive screenshot of Ciri gameplay from the leaked censored version:

game-splashscreen.jpg

Sykar

Arcane
Currently revisiting TW1 Act 2. Wow, the length of fed-ex chain punctuated with combat here and there...
Somehow I just lost my stamina after failing to find a NPC. Told me to visit a tavern. Went there at different times, guy's not there.
Look at the quest journal and it's full of those kinds.

I shd take a break.
The worst segments of the TW1 for me were the parts where the game forces you to get drunk. Then you move so fucking slowly, can't see shit and it lasts for like 5 minutes...... and they make you do it over and over and over again. So fucking stupid. I quit several times because of that shit and in the end only managed to finish the game because I made 40 or so 'end drunkenness' potions. In fact it was probably the only potion I made outside of the tutorial and stat boosts.

You move at normal speed when a weapon is drawn so that helps in some areas. You also get access to Wive's Tears pretty early to detox completely instantly.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Witcher 3 will be lower image quality than if they had done Witcher 2 with modern tech since its open world, but it is far better looking than anything else that is out right now. I chalk most of that up to CDProjekt having good artists (Witcher 1 looked infinitely better than Neverwinter Nights, as a comparison), but I think it's safe to say that Witcher 3 is going to be the benchmark to beat in visuals for quite a while.

I take it you haven't been looking at the game for last 2-3 months? It barely looks better than Witcher 2, if not worse.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
z17882505P.jpg

this fucking shit, it only lacks his dick swinging out, fucking distatefull, *spits on the ground*.

Is this is what the core witcher audience expects? who are these people? they are as bad as bioware crowd.

Malpercio

Arcane
The wither series is mostly famous for its mature approach to sex after all.

*remember the TW1 sex cards*

bonescraper

I watched a bit of it. The guy playing it was dumb as a bag of hammers. He kept entering a Nilfgaardian outpost, drawing his sword for no reason and getting fucking rekt like 3 or 4 times i na row. He couldn't figure out why they kept killing him. And half of the footage was in 140p, cause that dumbfuck didn't know how to reset the stream.

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I watched a bit of it. The guy playing it was dumb as a bag of hammers. He kept entering a Nilfgaardian outpost, drawing his sword for no reason and getting fucking rekt like 3 or 4 times i na row. He couldn't figure out why they kept killing him.

:lol: Oh god. Reminds me of Roguey's dumb FO:NV player anecdotes. Last minute update preventing players from pulling out their swords in civilized areas incoming?

(More likely they would just make people not care if you draw your sword)

Zeriel

Arcane

I take it you haven't been looking at the game for last 2-3 months? It barely looks better than Witcher 2, if not worse.

Going to agree to disagree since visual quality is largely subjective, but I think Witcher 3 has a ton of areas in which it has clear improvements over Witcher 2, with a few minor subtractions because hey there's hundreds of models on screen at once.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
Anyone seen if people react if you take their shit Gothic style?

:lol: Oh god. Reminds me of Roguey's dumb FO:NV player anecdotes. Last minute update preventing players from pulling out their swords in civilized areas incoming?

(More likely they would just make people not care if you draw your sword)

Meh, that was annoying in Witcher 2 because rolling was the fastest way to get around (if you'd upgrade it) and you could only roll with your sword out (for some reason). I remember Vergen guards constantly yelling threats at me as I rolled through the town.

Last edited:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
:lol: FUCK SAKE THIS ROLL MEME IS EXCLUSIVE TO POTATO RPG.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom