Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Gerrard

Arcane
Behold, SSAO at work:
FnpQ4VU.jpg

Geralt is so fucking grimdark he emits a grimdark aura.

I'd like to get my hands on the idiot who thinks this looks good, or even acceptable.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
CDP is taking hints from Ubisoft.

QcOH0nTh.png

gQybtzDh.png

JjyfctDh.png

uPGpDnxh.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/K3uFC/noscript
Although I don't really care about this, I can't deny that I hate that the industry is not calling out publishers more drastically about this shit. Sure, there was some uproar about Watchdogs, but there are many more occasions when publishers/devs make bullshit trailers. Those should be called out every single time.

Deleted member 7219

If only the downgrade meant I can run it on my last-gen rig. :(

Who says you can't? Multiplatform game minimum system requirements are often bullshit from my experience.
I'll certainly try, but I suspect 4GB system RAM won't cut it.

I'm worried about my PC too. I have a 750TI which should be enough for medium settings, and 8GB of memory. But my CPU is a Core 2 Quad 9660 3.0ghz, it was a goliath in its day, and has lasted a long long time but it seems now that it it just isn't good enough - definitely not for GTA V anyway.

Tytus

Arcane
I'm in the same boat here. When Witcher 2 came out I had to wait 6 months to play it because it wouldn't run on my PC and I had to basically replace the whole rig. Now when Witcher 3 is coming out, again I have make an upgrade because it seems my GTX 560 is not good enough. Maybe this way I get to play straight the Enhanced GOTY thisistheshit Edition. :)

Prepare for repeat with Cyberpunk 2077 :P

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
CDP is taking hints from Ubisoft.

QcOH0nTh.png

gQybtzDh.png

JjyfctDh.png

uPGpDnxh.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/K3uFC/noscript
Although I don't really care about this, I can't deny that I hate that the industry is not calling out publishers more drastically about this shit. Sure, there was some uproar about Watchdogs, but there are many more occasions when publishers/devs make bullshit trailers. Those should be called out every single time.

The main problem is that they never admit their bullshit,when people start questioning them,they are like ''Oh well,shit happens''.Watch dogs was the biggest offender,the game had hidden graphic files that really didn't affect the performance at all,i tried the mod and the game worked better than the downgraded piece of shit they served us.
I mean isn't this shit illegal?There has to be a more severe punishment other than the bad publicity from the comunity.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I also hope this downgraded TW3 will work on my rig (i5 750; OCed Ati 5850; 8gb RAM). I could run TW2 on full settings when it came out.

Sodafish

Arcane
This crap goes back to the original Crysis, and probably earlier. I don't really understand it either, unless the devs all use 4xSLI beasts which would still outperform a normal machine of 2-3 years hence, and then go "whoops, I guess we need to cripple all these graphical goodies we spent man years implementing in order that people can actually play it at more than 10 fps".

Last edited:

WhiteGuts

Arcane
There was a downgrade but I don't think it's nearly as bad as people say. Most of the recent screenshots look totally gorgeous.

Gerrard

Arcane
I like how even the screenshot from TW2 looks like it was taken from some youtube video.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom