Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry The Wizardry Series Thread

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Fowyr said:
Yes, you get it right. Level cap is around 25 or 30 for Wiz8, I think.

Cool.

My download of Wiz 8 just finished and the rest of the Wizardries are ready. Now to find some free time and to get my GF to understand that THIS NEEDS TO BE DONE :D. Otherwise, I might degenerate into a football watching guy and she doesn't like that. This might just work.

mondblut

Arcane
Fowyr said:
There is level cap in the Wiz8

Is there? I was always under impression Wiz8 simply has a grand total of about 25-30 levels worth of xp altogether wandering over the map making scary faces. Not counting respawns, whose relative rarity and not quite relative cheapness would make grinding further a living hell. So no level cap, just a more or less finite amount of mobs.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Remember our local Wiz8 guru from ru.game.rpg. Afair, he grinded on the Peak until reached level cap. :lol:
Maybe he played with one character, can't remember now.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Orkogre down, bought three maps from that Umpani warleader guy when I left. Cheeky fucker stole the map that was (I assume) meant to be in the castle basement, and I even met him on the way out without giving it a thought. Pretty awesome system.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Yeah, the entire NPC's are also looking for items and will take them and carry them system is awesome. Kill them, bribe them etc.... Awesome mechanic.

MMXI

Arcane
Admiral jimbob said:
Orkogre down, bought three maps from that Umpani warleader guy when I left. Cheeky fucker stole the map that was (I assume) meant to be in the castle basement, and I even met him on the way out without giving it a thought. Pretty awesome system.
:thumbsup:

I'm planning to do another Wizardry 6-8 run-through soon. However, I'd like to get my Ultima series run-through finished first. Not too keen on having multiple games on the go.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
This Munkharma puzzle.
I.

1281377594935.jpg

>HaLLuCinOgeN<<

Barely Literate
Problems with WIzarDRY 8 <<<<< Help, last PA

Hi everyone

I have STRONG problemS playing this game and I THINK I need a patch.

A. Do YOU have a LASTEST link - > patch? 1.2.4
ALL links I get not workING.

>>>>>PeaCE!

kmonster

Augur
Admiral jimbob said:
Good Christ the upper levels of the Dane tower are just evil
It's really an annoying reload festival. In level 5 you can't do anything but reload until you survive getting close to a chest. The same applies to the stupid unavoidable fires in chapter 6. The trial and error "riddles" aren't fun either.

Did you already turn to the dark side and get help from a walkthrough ?

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Have to admit that I have :( I'm not following one to the letter, but one too many times spent running back halfway across the world to find something that I didn't get in an obscure corner somewhere or simply being expected to do something utterly inexplicable to progress (the weird situation in the T'Rang city cemetery) pushed me over the edge. I do feel dirty, but I'm keeping it minimal. The game is a lot of fun, but some aspects are just beyond my level of masochism.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Admiral jimbob said:
The game is a lot of fun, but some aspects are just beyond my level of masochism.
In some ways the wizardries have always had a heavy does of sadism. I think the only ones that toned it down a bit were 5, 6 and 8. The others vary between "very sadistic" (1 and 3) and FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU fests (2 and 7) and... well 4 is in a class of its own really.

kmonster

Augur
Imagine playing this game when it was released just with the manual and without access to www solutions.

kmonster said:
Imagine playing this game when it was released just with the manual and without access to www solutions.

I did, though I would have used a walkthrough if one was available, at least on several occasions.

I remember many of the older games having "hint lines" that would charge you per minute. Obviously, they put some of these stupidly obscure puzzles/solutions into games in an attempt to generate additional income.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
"You begin to suspect that the Funhouse has rather devious connotations to the word 'fun'..."

I do :(

Also, once you've learned all the spells you want/need on one character, is there any reason to keep them in a casting class? I have a fairy bishop that I'd like to start swinging the Cane of Corprus around.

EDIT: hahaha. Knowing the T'Rang have the Legend map through the lore dialogue, I bumped into Shritis T'Rang in the Funhouse, thinking to buy it off. I said I'd killed Rodan Lewarx for him, knowing Rodan was dead thanks to the locate person spell (which for some reason insists General Yamo is alive and at Ukpyr), but he fought me anyway. No map. Then Brother T'Shober wandered past and informed me that the other monk guy bought/stole it from Shritis. I love this game. :love: Thankfully, said monk seems to follow me about anyway, and I think most of the other NPCs are dead by now.

malichaixx

Novice
One bit of advice if you mean to transfer to Wiz 8: if at any time during Wiz 7 you have to make a choice between siding with a girl, and siding with a villain, for the love of the gods, side with the girl.

Trust me on this.

kmonster

Augur
malichaixx said:
One bit of advice if you mean to transfer to Wiz 8: if at any time during Wiz 7 you have to make a choice between siding with a girl, and siding with a villain, for the love of the gods, side with the girl.

Trust me on this.
You don't have a choice. It's railroaded. You have to help the evil villain voluntarily (that's the purpose of the game) or get a "you're screwed" fake ending (which makes a final save which can't be imported into W8) (so they can market an alternate ending).

Admiral jimbob said:
Also, once you've learned all the spells you want/need on one character, is there any reason to keep them in a casting class? I have a fairy bishop that I'd like to start swinging the Cane of Corprus around.
You loose the ability to use bishop equipment and fall back to 0 XP.

How did you get the idea to kill a poor blind old man ? Did you do it when first meeting him or in his shop ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom