Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

This Fall is going to be the greatest fall in the history of RPGs

Which one looks the shittest so far

• Total voters

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Dragon Age: Veilguard, Avowed, and VtMB2. Possibly others.

My popcorn boner is so hard right now. It's like if a dozen Redfalls all dropped at once.

1717960317657.png

Title pun intended.

edit: I didn't make the poll.

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I will the take the hit on VtMB2, but someone else will have to bend over for the other two.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
On one hand most people aren't expecting these to be good so it won't be as entertaining. On the other hand it might lead to Bioware and Obsidian getting shut-down which will probably lead to some interesting discussion about publishers ruining beloved companies.

Sweeper

Arcane
There comes a point where something stops being bad and is just kind of pathetic, and at that point hating on it, and even finding joy in its failure becomes pointless, not worth the effort.
I'm pretty sure BioWare is at that point.
Obsidian on the other hand
:evilcodex:
I look forward to watching Sawyer's IP get dragged through the (creative) mud.
Although now that I think about it, balanceman is pretty pathetic himself. Doubt he'd even care.
I need to find a new hobby.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Video games are supposed to be entertainment.

These games give me an immense amount of entertainment and I haven't even paid for them.

I love how generous the modern industry has become.

:love:

Last edited:

Readher

Savant
You guys should join in on playing JRPGs. It's a good time to be a fan of the genre.
giphy.webp
After playing them almost exclusively for over a year while I was in search of new experiences in gaming, I can safely say there's probably no worse genre than J"""RPG""". Their sole saving grace are big fat anime titties, but their novelty quickly wears off and they're not enough to keep me interested in japslop writing, design and DVD menu combat.

NaturallyCarnivorousSheep

Albanian Deliberator Kang
Patron
Possibly Retarded
There are some other games released around that time, KCD2 being one of them but I think those 4 have legit chance to win the shit trophy from codex so why bloat the poll?

My opinion VTMB and Fable are clear winners. Evidently made because at this point so much was stuffed into their development they want to get at least something out. DA4 will be next, while I never liked bioware in any incarnation and there's no way they're going for redemption arc with this one. Awoved I think will be the most hilarious failure, because they clearly were very strategic about their timing and thought that late 2024 release will be 0 competition period, but then Warhorse released a trailer. Overall it'll be the best game of the 4, but it'll just get overshadowed. Not bad enough to make memes about it not good enough to play it.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Awowed is gonna be the most generic and boring one out of this 4. People will forget it in a few months.

Oh and it's most likely the best one of them as well.

jaekl

Learned
Patron
I can't wait to read the posts by swindled codexers furiously defending their purchases. Those are just as good as the posts trashing the games. My retadred button is primed and ready.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
-looks at poll-

:shredder:

Why's Fable on it though? That's not releasing until 2025. Did they move it up?

TheSoul

Scholar
A faithful recreation of the RPGCodex after playing anything mentioned in the Summer GayGame fest.

jonestowntdih.jpg

I vote for Bloodlines 2 because our expectations are being lowered with every announcement. Dragon Age 4 will be mocked the most, even though its quality is in line with the rest of the industry. Fable 4 and Avowed only get bought to dunk on Bioware.

deuxhero

Arcane
How long did DA3 stick around, even in mockery? I don't remember it lasting much longer than a month even with mocking RIDE THE BULL marketing. With this era being so full of AAAA trash that even Starfield or Skull and Bones level crap is forgotten about near instantly, I think gamers will full embrace "the opposite of love isn't hate, it's apathy" for these titles and they'll wind up like Immortals of Aveum: Nobody will remember they even existed.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
How long did DA3 stick around, even in mockery, besides laughing at RIDE THE BULL retardation? I don't remember it lasting much longer than a month. Even this era where even Starfield or Skull and Bones level crap is forgotten about after a month, I think gamers will full embrace "the opposite of love isn't hate, it's apathy" and DA4 and VtMB2 will wind up like Immortals of Aveum: Nobody will remember they even came out.
The codex will remember.

Forever.

1717983939554.png

Delicieuxz

Cipher
The new Fable trailer looks good. The mansquatch player character just looks bad. Hopefully there will be character creation, or different character appearances to choose from. My enjoyment in playing the game will be lessened if they have the trailer PC as the only option.

The Dragon Age 4 trailer is cheesy, lame and pretentious, and the lack of portraying something specific about the story presents the game as a generic party adventure. Likely matches what the game will be.

Avowed didn't show much to make an impression on, or to become excited over. There's potential, but I need to see more of the game's systems, and the writing. I found the amount of Outer Worlds that I played to feel pretty generic, and not have the most stimulating writing, so I don't know if I should get any hopes up for Avowed.

Edit: Actually, Avowed looks mostly like Outer Worlds, with swords and magic. In which case, it'd be a bland snore-fest.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom