Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

This Fall is going to be the greatest fall in the history of RPGs

Which one looks the shittest so far

• Total voters

Nostaljaded

Augur
After playing them almost exclusively for over a year while I was in search of new experiences in gaming, I can safely say there's probably no worse genre than J"""RPG""". Their sole saving grace are big fat anime titties, but their novelty quickly wears off and they're not enough to keep me interested in japslop writing, design and DVD menu combat.
You are probably just looking around the JRPG glitzy main street & their equivalent earlier releases (where writing have to be catered to Teen/'Mature' rating), have you ventured into the 2D back alley? :M

These are 2022 ENG translated releases, I can't vouch for their translation quality though.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
This is a fucking late April fools joke right? Wtf is Awoved? Fuck tranny fable. DA4... meh. VTMB2? Get fucking serious... NOPE. They're pretty shitty and I don't know if I can stomach deciding by watching vids and reading reviews. Sure as fuck ain't buying.

jonestowntdih.jpg
Are those corpses littered everywhere? Why didn't they dig a pit, dump em in, and burn them with napalm or something? Stanky fucking dead everywhere.

Eirinjas

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
This is a fucking late April fools joke right? Wtf is Awoved? Fuck tranny fable. DA4... meh. VTMB2? Get fucking serious... NOPE.

Are those corpses littered everywhere? Why didn't they dig a pit, dump em in, and burn them with napalm or something? Stanky fucking dead everywhere.
I think that is a picture of Jonestown post-liquid refreshments.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Shitposter
DA4 and Fable are unrivaled. I'm still not convinced VTMB2 will be a complete and utter failure. Unless I'm mistaken it began with talent before it fell into development hell. If they didn't scrap 100% of the original build they might have some hope. I'm just spitballing.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Multiple Votes are allowed. Just as well click em all but then there wouldn't be a shittiest.

ferratilis

Magister
We're going to laugh at these games while savoring the incline of Vavra's Chad Simulator 2. This year will be good.

just

Liturgist
4 horse(wo)men of apocalypse?
first you'll drown in shit(already happening)
you'll be forced to like it. or starve
all there will be left are homosexual romance simulators with +2% acid damage skill trees
and finally
death of RPGs

stay strong brothers

Habichtswalder

Learned
I expect Awoved to be pretty forgettable and generic. But still somewhat solid. It's not AAA after all.

VTMB and Dragon Age however have the potential to kill entire franchises. To become eternal memes. I think DA:V will be the funnier of the two because it's a best-of collection of horrible quirky writing turned into reality with a shitload of production money. VTMB has the potential to be just bad.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
DA being a diversity capeshit hellscape is a given. VTMB2 is gonna ruin so many people who still hope against hope for a good successor to the first game.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
I can't tell if Avowed seems inoffensive to me because it's actually a 6/10 game you can buy for a tenner and waste some time with, or because it sits against the backdrop of... well, everything else.

Alphons

Cipher
VTMB 2 looks worse, but DA has a much bigger potential for the worst launch.

VTMB mainstream hype almost completely died after all delays, Hardsuit flopping and it finally getting rebooted by Chinese Room.

Meanwhile DA was hailed as Bioware's upcoming return to form after Andromeda and Anthem.
Cope just started flowing, but dissenters already appeared on Youtube, Reddit and even Resetera.
Bioware fans waited 10 years and this fall they shall reap what they have sown.

I don't feel Fable will amount to much- maybe some compilation of PC's face expressions and 1-2 cringe quests. Will probably underperform and the franchise will get shelved again.

Awoved is going to be Outer Pillars.

Last edited:

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
The Dragon Age 4 trailer is cheesy, lame and pretentious, and the lack of portraying something specific about the story presents the game as a generic party adventure.
I could have sworn that the Saints Row reboot did a similar trailer with "Meet the Crew", but if they did, I can't find it now. It honestly seems like the same tier of marketing and design for both games, only Veilguard is promising to be really, really gay.

Fargus

Arcane
The comments on the official Youtube reveal trailer for DA4 are gold. My favorite: "Larian was cooking, BioWare was microwaving."

This looks like a fucking globohomo zoo with marvel tier writing.

If this doesn't kill Bioware i don't know what will. Fingers crossed.

Fargus

Arcane
How long did DA3 stick around, even in mockery? I don't remember it lasting much longer than a month even with mocking RIDE THE BULL marketing.

It's funny how aside from cringe there was nothing to remember DAI for. Boring and bland as fuck, repetitive mmo gameplay. It was like any other grindy trash out there just with trannies and fags.

Fargus

Arcane
In 10 or 20 years all this games will become underrated in its time classics.

Games don't have that spark anymore to be remembered. Thanks to corporate sanitization every game looks like the same kind of slop while being "super unique, diverse, quirky" and whatnot. Every game trailer shows trampling at the zoo or radfem day tripping with marvel humor.

Hell of an achievement i guess to make everything feel exactly the same.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom