Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

People News This is About Right and Wrong: The Chris Avellone Saga Continues

Discussion in 'News & Content Feedback' started by DarkUnderlord, Jul 10, 2021.

1. whocares Savant

whocares
    You're neither Black nor Storyfag.

Either change your avatar or fuck off.

• Yes x 7
    • Agree x 4
    • Funny x 3
    • Salute x 3
    • Brofist x 2
    • cuck x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Maximilian Guest

Maximilian
    We three are one person.

• "It was Aliens" x 4
    • Informative x 3
    • FAKE NEWS x 2
    • No x 2
    • Balanced x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • [citation needed] x 1
    • Heresy x 1
    • Begone thot! x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. NJClaw OoOoOoOoOoh Patron

NJClaw
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I'm Ridin' with Biden I'm Ridin' with Biden
    Woah, I didn't realize how every single thread in the news section is now about this lawsuit. I thought everything was relegated to just two threads, but look at this:

[​IMG]

• Funny x 24
    • Excited! x 2
    • Makes you think... x 1
    • [citation needed] x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    • When words are not enough x 1
    • /facepalm/ x 1
    • retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Maximilian Guest

Maximilian
    Spare me. Regularities stem from precedents. Await some 'news' about the Mitsodas in the near future.

• retadred retadred x 3
    • Participation Award Participation Award x 2
    • butthurt butthurt x 2
    • rolleyes rolleyes x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Larianshill Scholar

Larianshill
    This is funny to me.

• FAKE NEWS x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Despair x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. NJClaw OoOoOoOoOoh Patron

NJClaw
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I'm Ridin' with Biden I'm Ridin' with Biden
    It's all part of DU's plan to transform this site into a Taylor Swift fanclub.

• hopw roewur ne x 2
    • It's a matter of time x 2
    • Excited! x 2
    • incline x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • [citation needed] x 1
    • Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Maximilian Guest

Maximilian
    I wouldn't say there's some master plan to transform the site into anything in particular. DU has simply lost interest in games over the years and these days engages in MGTOW/idpol stuff instead.

• cuck x 6
    • retadred x 4
    • Shit x 4
    • Agree x 1
    • incline x 1
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    • [citation needed] x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    • Racist x 1
    • "It was Aliens" x 1
    • sheeple x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    • Begone thot! x 1
    • Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Quillon Arcane

Quillon
    This guy's very enthusiastic about supporting Chris and very sure his evidence outright proves his innocence. Does it tho? In the eyes of a court does it mean something? Or is it just another thing to add to the inconsistencies with her story? Can't she say some bullshit like "I was a stupid girl back then, I understood what happened to me was wrong much later..." etc?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 3
    ^ Top  
  9. Hóngwèibīng Arcane Vatnik Wumao

Hóngwèibīng
    Tough shit, she would've still been a consenting adult back then.

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. Black Arcane

Black
    If you want to join the "Ban Infinitron" club you'll have to get in line.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Yes Yes x 2
    ^ Top  
  11. Think big! Smoking Dicks

Think big!
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 16
    • not sure if serious not sure if serious x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Krice Arcane Developer

Krice
    No, there were not. Even with women like Roberta, we don't exactly know what they did, because women then (and now) were working with men, almost never as solo developers. I guess there are some women who are actually good game developers, but they are that famous exception to a rule.

• Agree x 9
    • retadred x 6
    • Brofist x 3
    • rolleyes x 2
    • STOP! posting x 1
    • Racist x 1
    • what? x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Monkey Baron Savant Patron

Monkey Baron
    Almost every developer works with other men... I guess we don't know what *they* really did.

• Brofist x 5
    • retadred x 4
    • Funny x 1
    • cuck x 1
    • it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. DeepOcean Arcane

DeepOcean
    Jane Jensen, Lori Cole, Amy Hennig are pretty good writers and mature women, that I'm sure. Looking to those three then looking to pink hair eternal teenager millenial garbage that replaced them, it is sad.

• Brofist x 10
    • decline x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Despair x 1
    • Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Krice Arcane Developer

Krice
    Exactly! I think since Dark Souls became a hit they realized that we don't need brilliant writers or developers, because people will play almost anything. So who are they going to hire? You can hire minority to virtue signal that your company is trendy. Or you can hire women (also a minority according to them) like Alanah Pearce, because why not? She has an amazing body, why wouldn't you stare at that all day rather than some chess club guy like Avellone.

• Funny x 5
    • Agree x 4
    • (autism) x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • not sure if serious x 1
    • Bro, do you even lift? x 1
    • How DARE you!?? x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    • retadred x 1
    • Disgusting! x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    GTFO. I have no recollection of being you. And I'm certainly not Black. I simply forgot he exists when I set my avatar to Sandro.

• Brofist x 3
    • FAKE NEWS x 2
    • Prestigious x 2
    • STOP! posting x 1
    • Racist x 1
    • cuck x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Jedi Master Radek Arcane

Jedi Master Radek
    Corelation does not imply causation. Games went to shit when and because they became mainstream. Mainstreamization of mechanics and gameplay was the cause of everything getting worse. More woman getting into development was just coincidental with games becoming more mainstream.

• Agree x 12
    • Brofist x 6
    • FAKE NEWS x 2
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • decline x 1
    • cool story bro x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • M'lady x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Feyd Rautha Arcane Patron

Feyd Rautha
    Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    :D

^ Top  
  19. DeepOcean Arcane

DeepOcean
    Women generally follow men on any field that grows over time, men go there, create the field, once the field expanded enough to support low challenge, low stress jobs, women tend to gravitate towards those jobs. This happened on the health industry and is happening on games, the major problem isnt that but that most men are fucking disgusting simps that do anything and sell their houses for a vague promise of pussy. All those stunning and brave women of color on movies and games many times werent even ideas from the women but turbo simps trying to prove who is the biggest simp.

• Brofist Brofist x 14
    • Disgusting! Disgusting! x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Verylittlefishes Sacro Bosco Patron

Verylittlefishes
    You just can't stand that you are so bad as a person, and it's progressing, that you can't really enjoy anymore actually amazing games like Planescape: Torment or its Spiritual Successor, CODEX GOTY 2019 Disco Elysium, so you need to invent a specific reason of accusing other people in liking cool things they like. Disguisting.

Yes, we've build a monument to Avellone for what he did 20 years ago. Honestly, he can justly retired right after that, but he gave us some other rough gems of his talent.

Don't shit on the grave of the career of the great man. We symphatise for him because we are humans. We have empathy.

• Prestigious Prestigious x 4
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 3
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. sorinmask Just like Yves, I chase tales. Patron

sorinmask
    Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    This is you putting 2 and 2 together, but not really being correct. Or maybe trolling. I don't know. But I'm going to address this as you being serious.

Dark Souls had nothing to do with this. If anything, gaming became mainstream to most people, and women, somewhere along mid 2012. That coincides with a different name becoming big: Clash of Clans. If anything, all the big streamers that got their audience *from* Dark Souls fans are pretty much all male. Women became interested in Dark Souls when the 3rd one came out.

Just because indirect story-telling doesn't require much writing, that doesn't mean it doesn't require some brains behind it. Plus... Miyazaki has stated that he's fine with both direct and indirect story-telling. But then again, few women inserted a fucking Monty Python joke, and a World of WarCraft meme into a game and came out with a decent RPG, so there's that.

^ Top  
  22. Dycedarg Learned

Dycedarg
    So you're saying that a videogame crash could help us get rid of both women and hipsters in the gaming industry?

Jokes aside, there is another factor that draws this army of dangerhairs into the industry: corporate culture. The truth is that men are far more interested in console and PC gaming than women and the workforce demographics should reflect that. But good luck convincing the PR department of any major company to state that basic fact. They'd rather hire a bunch talentless female hacks and promote lectures by Anita Sarkeesian in the name of diversity and inclusion. And I pity the guy who speaks out against those policies, since he'll be fired in a heartbeat and will never work in the industry again. That's how you end up with simps like Nathan Grayson and sociopaths like Neil Druckman being the (male) face of your industry.

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • Disgusting! Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Hobo Elf Arcane

Hobo Elf
    You don't need to hide your embarrassment by pretending that you attended a nerdcon ironically, across the globe, at a very high ticket price or that you're not familiar with the character names. It's ok.

• Funny Funny x 22
    • feels good man feels good man x 1
    • Disgusting! Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. DeepOcean Arcane

DeepOcean
    Honestly, a major economic crash would help on getting rid of alot of bullshit not only on the gaming industry. Most those companies are fine cosplaying about being stunning and brave caring about the gayzs but I dunno how they gonna feel when the FED and the European Central bank lose the control of this farce they call an economy.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Abu Antar Prestigious Gentleman Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker

• Brofist Brofist x 8
    • incline incline x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.