Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Tom Hall and Brenda Brathwaite Kickstart Turn-based Oldschool CRPG

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
:flamesaw:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Obsidian gets 2.2 million bucks by throwing lots of names in => every publisher and developer get everything old-school from their closets, pulls some more from their asses and run on Kickstarter?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Has anyone else spotted MOBILE SUPPORT stretch goal at 2.1 million?
ibqOmRiA0G45HT.gif

Fuck this shit, I'm out.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Mobile support... :rpgcodex:

They have lot of explaining to do, there are quite many people wanting to know specifics about the project in Kickstarter comments.

Phelot

Arcane
Immerse yourself in an epic, majestic, accessible, old school RPG, also suck it down you are jealous of my vagina

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
HAplS.jpg

Would be more interested if they gave a bit more info than IT'S OLD SCHOOL,FUCK YEAH,so will wait for now
:keepmyjewgold:

Syl

Cipher
Brenda Brathwaite sucks and Tom Hall is a faggot.

:rpgcodex:

Tolknaz

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
That being said, I'd surely prefer a Commander Keen kickstarter.

To this? Sure. In general, no. After browsing through Steam greenlight a few weeks ago, i can honestly say, that about half of the games, that get made these days are shitty 2D platformers "with a twist".

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
“You’re not doing your work! You’re not living up to your responsibilities. You’re hurting the project. You’re hurting the company. You’ve been poisonous to the company, and your contribution has been negative over the past couple years. You needed to do better but you didn’t. Now you need to go! Here’s a resignation and here’s a termination! You’re going to resign now!”

- John Carmack, Technical Director of id Software, informing John Romero of his resignation.

Game Developers better be wary of pitching half assed products, because it could potentially kill their revenue completely for future projects they want to crowd fund.
If they spent another month or two to completely focus this project and not give it probably one of the worst names of all KS, then maybe it stands a chance to get funded to its maximum. But this completely insults the good projects out there that may get the blowback from this project. :decline:

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
I wouldn't be surprised if there's gonna be Kickstarter for Goldbox Reimagening from some of the original developers...wouldn't mind pleding for that if they keep it enough faithful.

insukk

Augur
Patron
Codex 2012
"An Old School RPG: Like a Boss edition" - that sounds like something worth pledging 10 thousand dollars.

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
“You’re not doing your work! You’re not living up to your responsibilities. You’re hurting the project. You’re hurting the company. You’ve been poisonous to the company, and your contribution has been negative over the past couple years. You needed to do better but you didn’t. Now you need to go! Here’s a resignation and here’s a termination! You’re going to resign now!”

- John Carmack, Technical Director of id Software, informing John Romero of his resignation.
and then he made doom3:hmmm:

I wouldn't be surprised if there's gonna be Kickstarter for Goldbox Reimagening from some of the original developers...wouldn't mind pleding for that if they keep it enough faithful.
I don't mind remakes(or just upgrade graphics) of old classics, in fact that wouldn't be bad for games that do not go overboard(2D to 3D game). I wouldn't mind a REAL JA2 remake with the original devs or a proper XCOM remake that's not popamole.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

and then he made doom3:hmmm:

This was long before Doom 3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom