Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer III

It's entirely possible that CA took advantage of the feedback. Their development pipeline is just so fucking uselessly long (as proven by the articles they put out) that it takes multiple months to see results. I expect initial youtuber feedback was the reason they didn't at least try to finish off 1-2 DLCs for the chaos campaign that were probably half finished and planned to be released a month after the initial game, instead they went right to immortal empires.

If new entrepreneur is really 15% to province income, that's still really good stacked with ancillaries. It's just not as good as what it used to be. That's better than what most factions get. That's better than trying to trademaxx.

Ehh, for a 3k province (which is a really good one) that's 450 gold. But you have to build a building to get +1 hero cap and the hero probably costs 200g upkeep. So that's effectively a building slot for 250 gold, Might eventually be good with hero skills and other bonuses applied but probably not worth the trouble I'd imagine.

Frankly I don't think anyone has to be too worried about money anyway because of supply lines nerf. Everyone is going to feel vastly richer than WH2 at higher difficulties.

Last edited:

copebot

Learned
It's entirely possible that CA took advantage of the feedback. Their development pipeline is just so fucking uselessly long (as proven by the articles they put out) that it takes multiple months to see results. I expect initial youtuber feedback was the reason they didn't at least try to finish off 1-2 DLCs for the chaos campaign that were probably half finished and planned to be released a month after the initial game, instead they went right to immortal empires.

If new entrepreneur is really 15% to province income, that's still really good stacked with ancillaries. It's just not as good as what it used to be. That's better than what most factions get. That's better than trying to trademaxx.

Ehh, for a 3k province (which is a really good one) that's 450 gold. But you have to build a building to get +1 hero cap and the hero probably costs 200g upkeep. So that's effectively a building slot for 250 gold, Might eventually be good with hero skills and other bonuses applied but probably not worth the trouble I'd imagine.

Frankly I don't think anyone has to be too worried about money anyway because of supply lines nerf. Everyone is going to feel vastly richer than WH2 at higher difficulties.

My memory was wrong about ancillaries. The + tax rate ancillary for high elves is only equippable on lords. Hero costs scale with supply lines so without any new ancillaries it won't be worth doing in most situations. However because wizards can get up to 11% increased province income on top of the 15% from nu-Entrepreneur, 26% bonus building income is plenty good to cover for the costs, especially because it is also multiplied by any tax rate increases. If it's a 3k province, that's an extra 780 bonus per hero, which is going to net a profit all the way up to very high levels of supply lines (20 stacks or more). It's just not going to be the insane profit of old entrepreneur.

It will be better even than spamming Alchemists as Cathay with Tax Collector ancillary spam since the Tax Collector only goes up to 10% building income for a region (not a province) and their bonus province building income caps out at the base 11%. In the same 3K province that would only be 330 bonus from the skill plus whatever Tax Collector provides, which can barely scrape a profit relative to upkeep because of the multiplicative effect of the region income bonus and the all-buildings bonus and the tax rate increases from tech and other sources.

Last edited:
They should really just make all confederations based on completing mission objectives or something. Paying 50k cash to the other faction to do it doesn't make sense, where does the money even go?

The worst is when the normal leader of a race is getting destroyed but keeps confederating other minor powers of their race so their never get weak enough for you to confederate. Not sure if that's still a thing in WH3 but it sucked in WH2. Stupid Tyrion getting knocked down to 2 or 3 settlements then he magically confederates to get 10 more.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
So, early Tzeentch vs early Khorne. It's a joke, right? I decided to try out Tzeentch before the extra units come in a few days, but you literally only have furies and blue horrors, they can't chew through most Khorne armies before running out of ammo and then be completely useless. Even if the Khorne army is mostly bloodletters that take extra magical damage, it's still a slaughter because very few bloodletters can and will kill your entire army when they don't have ammo left. The early spells do basically no damage at all, especially the one Incandescent Horrors start with. Kairos is a pussy in melee. I wanted to remove my backdoor problem in the form of Khorne before moving on to Cathay, but even on hard battle difficulty I can't take out the Sons of Khorne's last settlement very early on. I basically have to wait to fill my army with pink horrors first.

copebot

Learned
So, early Tzeentch vs early Khorne. It's a joke, right? I decided to try out Tzeentch before the extra units come in a few days, but you literally only have furies and blue horrors, they can't chew through most Khorne armies before running out of ammo and then be completely useless. Even if the Khorne army is mostly bloodletters that take extra magical damage, it's still a slaughter because very few bloodletters can and will kill your entire army when they don't have ammo left. The early spells do basically no damage at all, especially the one Incandescent Horrors start with. Kairos is a pussy in melee. I wanted to remove my backdoor problem in the form of Khorne before moving on to Cathay, but even on hard battle difficulty I can't take out the Sons of Khorne's last settlement very early on. I basically have to wait to fill my army with pink horrors first.

Spread out your units and skirmish out the enemy army with magic for as long as possible.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Or just end the turn without attacking them and they sally out with the garrisoned army they have because autoresolve underestimates blue horrors ;d

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
So, early Tzeentch vs early Khorne. It's a joke, right? I decided to try out Tzeentch before the extra units come in a few days, but you literally only have furies and blue horrors, they can't chew through most Khorne armies before running out of ammo and then be completely useless.
I remember having quite a bit of success killing the demon units with the basic tzeentch breath magic. The warriors have too much armor though.

Lacrymas

Arcane
So, early Tzeentch vs early Khorne. It's a joke, right? I decided to try out Tzeentch before the extra units come in a few days, but you literally only have furies and blue horrors, they can't chew through most Khorne armies before running out of ammo and then be completely useless.
I remember having quite a bit of success killing the demon units with the basic tzeentch breath magic. The warriors have too much armor though.
Pink Fire of Tzeentch does pitiful damage even when amplified and barely takes away 20% hp from bloodletters. The secret is luring away armies from their garrisons, I tried everything else to no avail, including checkerboard formation, corner camping, spreading out, sacrificing units so the blue horrors can fire more, killing as many of them as possible before they get to me, bunching up, etc. etc. The blue horrors simply don't have enough ammo to kill everything and since this is like turn 5 Kairos doesn't have a better spell than the pink fire. To be fair, blue horrors absolutely obliterate bloodletters, the problem is they don't have enough ammo to kill all of them and the few warriors they have pee in my cornflakes.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
If I am thinking of the same Khorne settlement, that siege was a bear.

One thing I didn’t know until after I finished my Kairos campaign was the blue missile spell can apparently damage other units in route to the target. Unless CA fixed it, you can land Kairos and get some efficient hits in through the alley way.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Haven't been paying attention to the start pos but there is no other place to go for birdman besides fighting Khrone?

Tyrr

Liturgist
I haven't played Tzeentch myself yet, but if you need some help you can usually watch Elich's playthrough.

(skip forward to 2:48:00 for the first siege)

copebot

Learned
Pink Fire of Tzeentch does pitiful damage even when amplified and barely takes away 20% hp from bloodletters. The secret is luring away armies from their garrisons, I tried everything else to no avail, including checkerboard formation, corner camping, spreading out, sacrificing units so the blue horrors can fire more, killing as many of them as possible before they get to me, bunching up, etc. etc. The blue horrors simply don't have enough ammo to kill everything and since this is like turn 5 Kairos doesn't have a better spell than the pink fire. To be fair, blue horrors absolutely obliterate bloodletters, the problem is they don't have enough ammo to kill all of them and the few warriors they have pee in my cornflakes.

So I just loaded up that battle on turn 4 for me at Hellclade Dove. It is a rough one. I think what's key here is really the soul grinder, the burning chariot, and Kairos. The blue horrors are totally useless. At this stage I could recruit pink horrors from the Volary but otherwise it was just 9 blues, one pink, an imp, and the chariot plus grinder. I was also a bit gimped by low magic reserves, so had to make do with just 30 WoM.

What I did was split the horrors on the same half of the siege map. Once I spent all the ammo on the right flank, I moved the horrors back to the left in reserve. I focused down each bloodletter I could as fast as possible. When I had to lure more khornates down the hill, I just inched up a horror unit into the lane to draw them in. The goon squad of Kairos/Soul Grinder/Chariot would gang up on every bloodletter before it could hit melee too hard. Blue horrors are in my opinion the least useful basic unit of any faction. Another thing is that Pink Fire of Tzeentch (the breath spell) should always be overcasted. The chariot is also kind of shitty but it is your only means of concentrating more power onto a small point. The goon squad can also make more effective use of their barriers than the horrors can.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Haven't been paying attention to the start pos but there is no other place to go for birdman besides fighting Khrone?
Chicken starts in a very awkward corridor-like spot - between a Khorne settlement to the west and two WoC settlements to the east one after the other. You are supposed to convert one of their settlements to your side, but the second one is super bizarre and unwieldy. You can attack it and destroy that faction outright, but then you are too far away from your initial capital and Khorne attacks you. It's not a good idea to do anything with it at first at all, that's why I decided to go for Khorne instead.

So I just loaded up that battle on turn 4 for me at Hellclade Dove. It is a rough one. I think what's key here is really the soul grinder, the burning chariot, and Kairos. The blue horrors are totally useless. At this stage I could recruit pink horrors from the Volary but otherwise it was just 9 blues, one pink, an imp, and the chariot plus grinder. I was also a bit gimped by low magic reserves, so had to make do with just 30 WoM.

What I did was split the horrors on the same half of the siege map. Once I spent all the ammo on the right flank, I moved the horrors back to the left in reserve. I focused down each bloodletter I could as fast as possible. When I had to lure more khornates down the hill, I just inched up a horror unit into the lane to draw them in. The goon squad of Kairos/Soul Grinder/Chariot would gang up on every bloodletter before it could hit melee too hard. Blue horrors are in my opinion the least useful basic unit of any faction. Another thing is that Pink Fire of Tzeentch (the breath spell) should always be overcasted. The chariot is also kind of shitty but it is your only means of concentrating more power onto a small point. The goon squad can also make more effective use of their barriers than the horrors can.
I didn't siege it because I hate sieges in this game, I besieged it and they came out to attack me, so it was a field battle. Even though the map is basically in my favor and they can't attack me from multiple fronts, the army + garrison is just too much. However, I just stayed a bit too far away from the settlement and the army came to me, which was infinitely more manageable. The settlement fell easily after that.

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Judging by all the "XYZ IS TOTALLY OP NOW!!!" clickbait videos Im getting on Youtube CA just "buffed" every unit and every faction for reasons. Not necessarily made them viable (that would take effort and skill), just gave them better stats.

tabacila

Augur

Yey settlement occupation icons :happytrollboy:
Now if we could only get that parchment background from the old games... and the old wall indicators, and the region climate background art, and the clear skill colors...

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Just realized I probably won't be able to play immortal empires via gamepass, so I might have to buy the game on steam. Very sad, insufficient discounts.

Caim

Arcane

Lacrymas

Arcane
Infernal Gateway and Tzeentch's Firestorm are absolutely busted, hilariously broken -
Vz8iZKX.jpg

cGncrBN.jpg
This is the battle for one of the gates of the Great Bastion. They attacked me with 3 full armies at first and this is the next turn in which they came with a fourth full army. This game needs a complete overhaul, like everything from the ground up has to be mercilessly weeded out. There's so much wrong with Tzeentch's faction that I don't know where to even begin.

My question is this - why bother continuing to play this campaign? Once you get Infernal Gateway and Tzeentch's Firestorm it's all over, nothing can stop you at this point and it's just a matter of grinding through Cathay.

Last edited:

tabacila

Augur

Holy crap they actually fixed the fort type settlements. They actually block all movement even when under siege.
Color me surprised. That seemed like the kind of shitty bug CA would wait another 2 years to fix.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Overpowered doesn't even begin describing this -
This is in-front of Nan-Gau. Lore-wise, the greatest fortress of Cathay and it will fall on turn 20ish ;d This happens because the AI is hilariously passive. It just sits there waiting for reinforcements that will never come thanks to Infernal Gateway. Actually, not only is it passive, it also blobs its units allowing me to decimate half its army with a single Infernal Gateway. Miao Ying prefers to impotently chase around Kairos than to attack any units too.

Tyrr

Liturgist
I just noticed all my WH1&2 DLC are activated in WH3 on Steam.
It can't be much longer.

Lacrymas

Arcane
If we are to believe their own FAQ, it should come out in 5ish minutes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom