Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Good Old Games
Donate to Codex
News Content Gallery About Donate Discord Contact
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer III

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Can get it for £20 with the ogre dlc. Worth it now?

The game is nothing but a regression compared to Warhammer 2.
Yes, but at some point (with IE and more patches & mods), it will become the definitive way to play TW:WH. And I have no doubt it will, eventually (in years, maybe... *sigh*) be better than WH2 is now.
WH2 won't receive anything anymore.

So buying TW:WH3 now cheap in order to actually play it later is just a good idea IMO.

Tyrr

Savant
Can get it for £20 with the ogre dlc. Worth it now?

The game is nothing but a regression compared to Warhammer 2.
Yes, but at some point (with IE and more patches & mods), it will become the definitive way to play TW:WH. And I have no doubt it will, eventually (in years, maybe... *sigh*) be better than WH2 is now.
WH2 won't receive anything anymore.

So buying TW:WH3 now cheap in order to actually play it later is just a good idea IMO.
WH3 is in much more competent hands now. The team that made all the WH2 DLCs and patches took over (I hope they fire the team that developed WH3).
The question is: will CA give them enough time and money to fix this mess? Looking at the Steam reviews I fear they could abandoned it like 3K or Rome 2. But WH1&2 sold so many DLCs over a long time they could still stick with WH3.

We will see what happens.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Oh hey the game is back to "only" 35% on Steam.
Too bad the forums are all dead so there is barely any feedback and what's there comes from retards.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
WH3 is in much more competent hands now. The team that made all the WH2 DLCs and patches took over (I hope they fire the team that developed WH3).
The question is: will CA give them enough time and money to fix this mess? Looking at the Steam reviews I fear they could abandoned it like 3K or Rome 2. But WH1&2 sold so many DLCs over a long time they could still stick with WH3.
I generally agree with this.

The biggest threat to WH3 becoming eventually as good as/better than WH2 is CA pulling the plug because they don't see the immediate success.

The biggest threat to WH3 becoming eventually as good as/better than WH2 is CA pulling the plug because they don't see the immediate success.

I can't imagine them doing that when they have no other stand out successful games to milk at the moment. They might have pulled the plug on Three Kingdoms a bit suddenly and early because it wasn't matching WH2 numbers but if they pull the plug on WH3 now then they might as well fire 80% of the company.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
If they pull the plug early we might see the first title in Steam to reach a 0% score in Steam, maybe even a bit of murder-suicide in their offices, you don't want to piss off Warhammer fans.
Not like I think they would anyway, they have a money-printing machine with all the DLC they can cram with WH, I think they'd sooner start splitting their DLC's in two so you pay twice for the same content as before and start selling cosmetic shit and things like that.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Kingmaker
They probably think they can shit out a historical title and recoup the potentiality of WH3's failure, but I don't believe WH3 will fail unless people wise up to the fact the Total Warhammers aren't good games as they stand now. They haven't had another successful game in the TW series since WH1, so I wouldn't risk it if I were them.

Lacrymas

Arcane
The jump in graphical fidelity between WH1 and 2 was neglibile, the jump to WH3 is tremendous and I absolutely believe they need a looot of time to update the entirety of the map.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Ended up blagging it off cdkeys for £20.

Runs like shit, looks slightly better. Their AA and AO implementations are still abysmal.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
The jump in graphical fidelity between WH1 and 2 was neglibile, the jump to WH3 is tremendous and I absolutely believe they need a looot of time to update the entirety of the map.

Totally different art style from what (admittedly little) i've seen. It's more cartoony looking, contrast the vampire coasts with anything that's in this.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Going to be another year before wh3 ME is even playable anyways.
I have faith the wh2 patch team that took over is leagues more competent then the wh3 team that bolted but they can't do miracles in just a few months, between fixing wh3 and making mortal empires playable that's a lot to chew on and that's without working on any dlcs which i have no doubt CA is pressuring them to do asap.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I get the feeling they're spinning this "beta" as something positive and customer friendly when in reality they just need warm bodies to test the shit they themselves caused. If they release it "finished" and the campaign is as high quality as the RoC one, i.e. complete shit, the game is dead for good.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
If they release it "finished" and the campaign is as high quality as the RoC one, i.e. complete shit, the game is dead for good.

I mean IE is just empty sandbox without mechanic. You can't make it shit because design wise it will same as ME.

The only issue will be performance and I guess which provinces got cut and balance between starting positions

ADL

Cipher
Ended up blagging it off cdkeys for £20.

Runs like shit, looks slightly better. Their AA and AO implementations are still abysmal.
You lucky son of a bitch. European keys are going for almost half the price that ROW has to pay. I'm not buying this until it's $30 or less.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
If they release it "finished" and the campaign is as high quality as the RoC one, i.e. complete shit, the game is dead for good.

I mean IE is just empty sandbox without mechanic. You can't make it shit because design wise it will same as ME.

The only issue will be performance and I guess which provinces got cut and balance between starting positions

They need to bring all the races up to par, when they barely managed with the ones already in the game. New content also means new bugs.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron

They need to bring all the races up to par, when they barely managed with the ones already in the game. New content also means new bugs.

Those will not be "part of IE" per se. I don't think they will update them all on IE patch. Those kind of changes will come gradually over lifespan of the game much like the updates for WH1 races in WH2

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Going to be another year before wh3 ME is even playable anyways.
I have faith the wh2 patch team that took over is leagues more competent then the wh3 team that bolted but they can't do miracles in just a few months, between fixing wh3 and making mortal empires playable that's a lot to chew on and that's without working on any dlcs which i have no doubt CA is pressuring them to do asap.

They have nothing else to fall back on besides this.

This whole Warhammer situation is a massive cock up they've found themselves in. They killed historicals, they killed their China market, and they've now found themselves attached to satanic GW.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
This whole Warhammer situation is a massive cock up they've found themselves in. They killed historicals, they killed their China market, and they've now found themselves attached to satanic GW.

eh

like Paradox, CA with Total War has been a fairly unique genre with almost no real mainstream competitor. Until some big dev decided to go in to semi grand strategy vs massive field combat, CA will live

Top Bottom