Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children - isometric tactical Korean SRPG

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Some of the dialogue in this game really is top tier. It beats any of the dialogue in XCOM.

ahjbxl.png

Lhynn

Arcane
You can actually see what they are saying if you hover over the dialogue option, you get to decide how the mission plays out there.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I'm still really digging the art in this game. That evil smile is pretty badass.

wymhtx.png

Lhynn

Arcane
Marco is an asshole. He is pretty OP though, and so is the little goth there. Luna is a trained assassin that has more mental issues than fluent, she is a killing machine though, and you will get to control her to see just how strong she is.
The more i play the game the more i can see that theres a lot more to these characters than what we are told at first. Events from the past get referenced, then dropped only to be referenced in more detail several hours after, slowly building the world around these characters and giving their actions context. One of the characters that you actually know the least about is Albus. Why he is where he is, why he is doing what he is doing, nothing is quite what it looks like at first.
Its pretty great stuff overall.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Luna is a trained assassin that has more mental issues than fluent,

That's sad because she's the cutest girl in the game with that pink hair and outfit. That's the best goth girl outfit I've ever seen and her big pink chainsaw looking sword makes it even better.

The more i play the game the more i can see that theres a lot more to these characters than what we are told at first. Events from the past get referenced, then dropped only to be referenced in more detail several hours after, slowly building the world around these characters and giving their actions context. One of the characters that you actually know the least about is Albus. Why he is where he is, why he is doing what he is doing, nothing is quite what it looks like at first.
Its pretty great stuff overall.

I'm really interested in Albus. I assume there's going to be some earth shattering reveals later about his parents' death, who they were, and who his aunt really is.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
and you will get to control her to see just how strong she is.

That's something I like in the game. You occasionally get to control different characters outside your core group (even baddies), so you can get a glimpse of playing a powerful character early in the game or learn a bit more about the various characters. But those missions are are never long enough to overstay their welcome.

Luka-boy

Arcane
So that fatso Roberto decided to challenge Irene to a duel just like he did to Albus earlier in the game, which by the way was one of the fights that made me start thinking hard about builds. On the first turn I got first action and used Red Panda Style 5th Form to perform a flying kick across the park that rolled a crit and one-shot him.

I'd say challenging Irene is probably going to rank pretty high on his 'Instant Regret Life Decisions' list :lol:

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
You keep mentioning bugs, but I have not encountered any, although I'm playing in an online mode and that could be the reason.
The game was in an early access for over a year, so the most obvious bugs were certainly fixed. Weekly sever maintenance is not related to "bug fixes", and most patch notes mention just some minor tweaks in masteries.

pm_675

Arbiter
You keep mentioning bugs, but I have not encountered any, although I'm playing in an online mode and that could be the reason.
The game was in an early access for over a year, so the most obvious bugs were certainly fixed. Weekly sever maintenance is not related to "bug fixes", and most patch notes mention just some minor tweaks in masteries.

Same for me. The only "bugs" I have experienced are a occasional hang-up after quitting the mission summary once really freeze up to alt tab and closing. Even so after restarting the game I looked and I didn't loose anything and the mission was finished correctly. I'm using online mode even though I despise that normally, the game was developed for that clearly.

Reinhardt Yes it's really good. Great, challenging and varied tactical gameplay, insane amount of character options and systems. Ok graphics, nice sound and music. Visual novel style of story presentation and your choices influences gameplay! The story is a little animu but surprisingly good. It is nice to have a story with optimism, nice and good characters and little to none edginess. Even so it's characters have a nice and deep characterization and touches some deep or dark themes but doesn't relish in them.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I think the patches are more about making the translation better than anything else. A lot of the translation fixes come from the community.

Luka-boy

Arcane
No wonder they call him John the Immortal. Motherfucker. That was one hell of a tense optional fight.
:shredder:

Lhynn

Arcane
You learn to handle him as you face him more often. I just root him with Anne and move away from his LoS, wait a bit and then go back and finish him.

Doing the highest level magenta mission, shit has mercenary teams. These guys are ridonk. The snipers assist attacks, similar to spoonage, they have big bulky annihilators do a stupid amount of damage and they reduce AT. Their leaders can pretty much oneshot anyone, and you face several of them at the same time.
Giselle, Ray and Albus have become the backbone of my squad, and kylies drones are becoming more and more important the more i play.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
For third-worlders because first-worlders were "exploiting" regional pricing. And in the case of Ukraine, they apparently made a mistake. They even advise you against buying now if you are a legit third-worlder / Ukrainian and think the price is unfair:

If this price setting is unfair, please stop purchasing for a while. The price change can be changed again after 30 days, so we will consider it if you give us a lot of information to worry about.

Note
The price of Ukrainian Hryvnia was entered abnormally because we made a mistake in the price change process. Thirty days after price changes are not changed and summer sales exist. We will normalize the call after that. We're so sorry to Ukrainian users!!

Last edited:

Luka-boy

Arcane
Out of the six characters I have in my team so far, Albus is the one that goes down the most.

Then again I use a superfast, high dodge & block glass cannon build for him that depends on him being really aggressive and moving right next to as many enemies as possible to attack, counter and forestall, so if I'm not careful he can easily bite more than he can chew. Though with the mastery system I could easily give him more staying power or even build him into a tank if I wanted.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Out of the six characters I have in my team so far, Albus is the one that goes down the most.
Then again I use a superfast, high dodge & block glass cannon build for him that depends on him being really aggressive and moving right next to as many enemies as possible to attack, counter and forestall, so if I'm not careful he can easily bite more than he can chew. Though with the mastery system I could easily give him more staying power or even build him into a tank if I wanted.
Good to know. The Defensive Masteries available at the beginning are really not designed to keep anybody alive.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Starting my first campaign, playing on Hard, is it just me or is Albus' main power to die a lot? Does it get better? Shackleton oscar

He didn't die a lot for me on hard, but I kept quite a few defensive masteries on him, like the dodge and block chance ones and the HP per level and prioritised gear with those on. Just don't rush in with him and try and keep him in cover at all times. Don't be afraid to use the smoke grenades that the cops have when they're with you, they can be a lifesaver. Have you got the 'Forestallment' mastery? The one that gives you a free melee attack when people move into or out of your attack area? It's fantastic on him.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
My Albus is built around retaliation, forestallment and bladestorm.
Once he get into the middle of enemies, they just kill themselves against him.
But I neglected a high-level gear in favor of some low-level items just to maintain his high block chance.
Later in game you'll get abilities to restore his health. Some hidden masteries are really useful for him.

pm_675

Arbiter
Starting my first campaign, playing on Hard, is it just me or is Albus' main power to die a lot? Does it get better? Shackleton oscar

He is a melee user so early on without gear and masteries, yes you can die a lot, it's normal but you can continue the mission (as long as they are allies), afterwards increase ambition at the bar.

Some tips to play Albus early on is to concentrate on some atributes, Speed and hit chance (in the begging hit chance IS the most important) as priority. Second try to get Dodge/blocking and armor as high as you can (remember thought that hit chance is more important) and is better to get dodge then block (again, early on), and a little less armor early on. Piercing (bullets!), Blunt (fists), slash (swords) and slashing resistances in that order but you don't go out of your way to get them high (there are defensive masteries that you can get very early that raises them and they cost 0 TP!). Attack power. Move depends on your play style. Afterwards crit hit chance, crit damage and then whatever (although fire resistence is useful early on).

For personal mastery I like Opportunist but you can also use Responsibility. On the mastery board Body Training (hp), Patience and/or Solidity (armor) plus Competence (hit chance) are your most necessaries Basic masteries. For defense Survival training (block chance). Offense whatever increases you hit chance. Learning is good to get more exp and Yearning (50% exp for hihg level ally kills is also surprisingly useful for early Albus). Afterwards try to get get counter-attack and Forestallment (they are a lulzy, I can get 4 or 5 kills between turns from the auto-attacks. Although you can get yourself in a dead by gangbang easily).

You do have the Company Mastery that increases 50% the chance to get masteries, right?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom