Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children - isometric tactical Korean SRPG

thinking of making an almost blind buy, i thought i'd give the game just another spin before doing so. it won't launch anymore :V i can't be sure this is because of the extended demo, but i spent two hours reading pointless stuff in game and had it happened on the full version i'd have been *extremely* pissed, out-of-my-mind enraged. i can't take the risk.

edit: i went for a reinstall (it's a matter of a minute or two with the extended demo, it would have been hours on steam. fuck digital delivery of my ass) with backupped saves, as i always do, but nothing changed. then, inspired by the post before this one, i deleted the saves. it works again.
fuck you man, this is some derek smart level of bugginess.
from potential masterpiece to "avoid at all costs" while not even playing it, it must be a new record.

Last edited:

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
fuck you man, this is some derek smart level of bugginess.
from potential masterpiece to "avoid at all costs" while not even playing it, it must be a new record.

I could have understand if it was some evil mega corp, like EA.
But stealing from incline-delivering indie devs is a sin in my book.

Here's a message from the korean devs:
Greetings, this is the Troubleshooter development team.

We would like to first address that with all of your help, Troubleshooter was full-released and successfully ended the full release special sales. Once again, thank you all.

The fund that has been raised since the full release is enough for the development team to keep working for the next three months.

This might not be a success that every person looks up to, but considering the time before the full release when we had to concern the upcoming situation every month, this is certainly a significant transition.

Hence, the development team is planning to regularly update Troubleshooter to enhance your game experience as promised. Furthermore, we will post the long term development road map as soon as possible.

We deeply appreciate all of you for offering us the opportunity.

Thank you.

So yeah, coz of people like you there probably will be no Troubleshooter 2.
But there's no lack of paying customers for tactically inferior, but better marketed games, like Gears or Diversity Squad.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
My biggest gripe with the game is that the environment is sometimes hard to read, especially the vertical movement, e.g. it's hard to tell the places where you can jump down from buildings, unless you have an active PC in range.

So yeah, coz of people like you there probably will be no Troubleshooter 2.
But there's no lack of paying customers for tactically inferior, but better marketed games, like Gears or Diversity Squad.

so you're telling me in your opinion the right, just course of action should have been:
- i give them money
- i spend two hours clicking "next" on pointless, banal, trite dialogue
- i go back to the game, it destroyed my saves and nuked itself and can happen again anytime
- i can't get a refund because i "played" longer than two hours

if they steal it's right, if i want warranties i'm a thief.
impressive.

Lhynn

Arcane
so you're telling me in your opinion the right, just course of action should have been:
- i give them money
- i go back to the game, it destroyed my saves and nuked itself and can happen again anytime

impressive.
Pirated version is like 10 patches behind, and online mode never had those problems. Though as i understand it neither does offline mode anymore.

Also you do know you can press "esc" and get to the combat, right?

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
- i give them money

impressive.

Save corruption only happens in offline mode and it seems to be fixed with the latest update anyway

pirated version is perfectly up to date :V and the remark on esc is retarded. think about it.

sorry GhostCow but "seems to" is not enough for such a gigantic issue which shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Lhynn

Arcane
pirated version is perfectly up to date :V and the remark on esc is retarded. think about it.
Doubtful considering we got an update and a patch yesterday.
And its not retarded, if you dont care about the story dont read it.
Personally i like the characters though, especially Albus and the ones you get later, they are fairly one-dimensional but likable. My favorite character is probably Giselle, shes codex waifu material, and Don, hes a cool fucker.
On the other side you have the angry bulls, the white tigers, the black tigers, the spoonism, the nine dragons alliance, vendetta, etc. The wind wall district is a huge mess, the police simply cant keep up, they are constantly being pressured while the ones that get the credit are the troubleshooters, and most troubleshooter companies just game the system.
The war between the white tigers and the police/troubleshooters is a huge part of the story. It is shown that white tiger targets families and loved ones, that they fight dirty and fight to the last man. Its a clusterfuck and i love it.

Luka-boy

Arcane
This flaming dumbfuck is a beast!
1524229979mpkdw.jpg

With the personal mastery to get the Hero buff when there are no allies around and a bunch of masteries that amont other things make her run fast as fuck, hit like a brick, self-heal, resurrect once per mission, and resist physical damage, plus some great equipment I got doing secondary missions that give her 150% extra critical hit damage, and around 33% chance to crit, dodge and block, I think she will be able to solo entire areas of the map as soon as I can space three extra mastery points to give her counter-attack.

Also I finally managed to beat the Magenta Street violence mission on cruel difficulty without a single loss. I think that dancing fat bastard moves around the map, possibly actually following your team. I love these hand-crafted maps and that the game has menu options to make movement and combat animations super-fast and even remove unnecesary ones.
:love:
Next step: Trying to beat a certain story mission without losses.

pm_675

Arbiter
- i give them money

impressive.

The game has slow start. Even if you know what to do and rush the missions you will need 10 hours, more like 15, to star opening the game and get to meat of it. Frankly with two hours you did't get out of the tutorial, really.

You can press Ctrl to forward the dialogue and Esc to to actually skip the dialogues and cutscenes. Pressing Esc doesn't make you lose anything, except the story of course, since it skips you to the choices you can make (most of the time they are self-explanatory and you don't need the preceding story besides by default the game shows you the percentage of players who took each choice, in the non pirated version of course) . It better to wait a sec to see what is showing and you don't skip a tutorial or explanation of the game systems and yes, they are marked so you can tell them at a glance . Besides in the "Option" menu you have a ton of options to customize you game and UI, including ones to speed gameplay.

I didn't have any problem with saves but I am using the online mode. Even trough I hate online modes and social stuff it doesn't bother me in this game. Hell, I think it could use some more than what it does, like a leaderboard or at least a best of record at the end briefing screen. Besides the game was originally a more online experience, the fact that they put an offline mode later and it has some problems should be no surprise especially if you are playing a pirated version (Gods know how that interacts).

The devs are active and responsive in the steams forums and with bugs reports. And they are quite cool, they responded to my (positive) steam review. I actually think that yes, they do deserve support. Both for the product and the post realese support.

pm_675

Arbiter
This flaming dumbfuck is a beast!
1524229979mpkdw.jpg

With the personal mastery to get the Hero buff when there are no allies around and a bunch of masteries that amont other things make her run fast as fuck, hit like a brick, self-heal, resurrect once per mission, and resist physical damage, plus some great equipment I got doing secondary missions that give her 150% extra critical hit damage, and around 33% chance to crit, dodge and block, I think she will be able to solo entire areas of the map as soon as I can space three extra mastery points to give her counter-attack.

Also I finally managed to beat the Magenta Street violence mission on cruel difficulty without a single loss. I think that dancing fat bastard moves around the map, possibly actually following your team. I love these hand-crafted maps and that the game has menu options to make movement and combat animations super-fast and even remove unnecesary ones.
Next step: Trying to beat a certain story mission without losses.

Hero Irene is a hero. And a cutie

Lhynn

Arcane
EXgpfzuUwAIeIni

I find the older women in this game more interesting. And Giselle is just amazing. I find great how every single character feels essential to have a working team. Only one that doesnt feel quite as important is Ray, but she can be amazing too.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Irene, The pink haired girl, and the black haired girl that hangs out with the white haired girl are all super cute. I'm really digging the goth aesthetic on these girls. The devs at Dandylion really have an eye for fashion. I haven't seen an animu designer with this good of an eye for fashion since Tite Kubo in the Bleach days.

Last edited:
you must be the kind of guy who finds perfetcly reasonable to skip dialogues until he asks himself "why am i doing this?" and then blames the game.
oh well, you too won't be missed.

pm_675

Arbiter
EXgpfzuUwAIeIni

I find the older women in this game more interesting. And Giselle is just amazing. I find great how every single character feels essential to have a working team. Only one that doesnt feel quite as important is Ray, but she can be amazing too.

Game has top tier waifus. For all tastes

pm_675

Arbiter
you must be the kind of guy who finds perfetcly reasonable to skip dialogues until he asks himself "why am i doing this?" and then blames the game.
oh well, you too won't be missed.

If you find the story bad, cringe or you have alredy played then why wouldn't you skip the dialogues? As I said from a gameplay perspective it doesn't affect it at all in this game, in the legit game you can even see what most took!. Even more, after a while you can replay the story missions whenever you want with no consequences if you think that you want to see the story. Just don't skip the dialogues after a mission on your office. It's takes more time but not much longer if you don't

Lhynn

Arcane
First you think what's that animu "hero" babble, but then you see that it's not just fluff talk but indicative of her strengths and the way you (can) play her, which is really nice.
In this game the narrative and the systems coexist, this is rare. You can see theres an effort to make every character reflect his personality in his stats and it colors everything. From the personal expertise to the skillset and attributes. The mastery three can further enhance it or you can instead chose to expand their strengths in other places.

maxresdefault.jpg

Sadly you cant recruit them, at least not yet. I heard there are a lot of plans to expand the game. And im really partial to the White Lion, shes pretty great and i could use a 3rd melee.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
* Complains about too many cutscenes
* Complains about being able to skip the cutscenes
* Doggedly persists in playing the game instead of something he would actually like

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Game is really fun, but I'm going to wait a little bit for more patches. There were something like 5 in the last 3 days?

* Complains about too many cutscenes
* Complains about being able to skip the cutscenes
* Doggedly persists in playing the game instead of something he would actually like
*Adds people to his space elevator length ignore list for actually giving him advice

PrettyDeadman

I took a look at masteries list and masteries combos. The amount of stuff and complexity are insane.
There is also a bunch of other weird mechanics which seem a little daunting.
Very nice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom