Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail - Serbian pillow talk, turning Tricks, taking tips

Sinatar

Arbiter
Never understood heavy nerfs in a single player game. Let it rock.

razvedchiki

Erudite
Styg did the right thing,everyone suggested quick tinkering independent of the actual build.
It just took 4 years.more things need to be gated behind stats/skills ie you can spam nades with no throwing investment.

Parabalus

Arcane
Styg did the right thing,everyone suggested quick tinkering independent of the actual build.
It just took 4 years.more things need to be gated behind stats/skills ie you can spam nades with no throwing investment.

You can say the same about PSI, especially with TM, but it hasn't been touched.

Sykar

Arcane
I may be wrong but psi requires full investment to pay off.

Pure PSI, yes. Hybrid can opt for 3 will and minimum points up to the highest skill requirement you want to use. Typical for PK for example is 45 for the Imprint. TM anywhere from 35 to 70 for Stasis, quite a few abilities have little to no scaling here. TC and Meta are poor PSI skills to leave low though. TC basically rolls against resolve all the time and higher level ememies will resist your abilities all the time if you are not maxed out. Meta is mostly pure damage which scales for the most part with skill as well. Even Cryo Shield scales with skill level.

hell bovine

Arcane
I may be wrong but psi requires full investment to pay off.
Nope. My chemical pistol / grenadier character is running around with the bare minimum in temporal to get the limited whats-its-name, cost 25 skill, reduces cooldowns by 1. That, plus force field and electro for stun.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Help me RPG Codex you are my only hope. Need some fun build advice.

I started AR tin can build for exp.pack but got bored with the play style when I reached Core city. Powerful but boring as fuck.
Thinking about PSI but already played the hell out of it for hours.
So I'm open for suggestions. Is stealth SMG build play like AR build?

razvedchiki

Erudite
Play a machete light/armor evasion dodge build.
7 str
10 dex and pump it to the sky
3 perception
3 con
5 will
6 int
For feats your bread and butter will be flurry,maybe its better to take it at lvl 10 because your hit chance will be generally low.
Combine it with cheap shots,ripper and critical power plus the onethousand folded katana and your crits will be absolutely devastating.

Stealth smg will be offence and kill all enemies in 1 turn,smart rapid steel cat 7.62 can burst 6 times with commando+ adrenaline.you can combine it with a sniper rifle for countersniping or deleting an annoying lunatic psyker.

Last edited:

Comte

I got the blue print for riot armor from junkyard and I have all the ingredients but it won't let me make it. What am I missing here? I bought the insulated vest from south station it won't let me insert it into the recipe.

I got the blue print for riot armor from junkyard and I have all the ingredients but it won't let me make it. What am I missing here? I bought the insulated vest from south station it won't let me insert it into the recipe.
You might have bought a finished tactical vest. The component that you use to make a vest and the actual vest have the same icon/name. It's kinda annoying. Try mousing over and see if it's described as a component or an armour suit.

Bergblatstein

Novice

Maybe you are trying to stick a compleated tactical vest armor into a vest PART slot. If the insulated vest has any DT/DR displayed, that is the case.
You can dissassemble it if you have the perk.

Edit: :argh:

Comte

Maybe you are trying to stick a compleated tactical vest armor into a vest PART slot. If the insulated vest has any DT/DR displayed, that is the case.
You can dissassemble it if you have the perk.

Edit: :argh:

Thanks I believe this is the problem

Tigranes

Arcane
Do folks find that full PSI / main-PSI builds have much of a variation?

What I mean is, when you go 10 WILL and invest into PSI, surely you are usually levelling up all 3 (now 4) schools and have all the magic spells at your disposal. And stuff like Force User and Locus of Control are so obvious takes, so you always end up following a pretty linear progression of strategies around stuff like Telekinetic Punch, Force Field.

Would be interested in experiences / ideas where the a heavy PSI build plays out in a more unique way, perhaps by combining it with other non-PSI feats/abilities. Opportunist I suppose is one obvious route?

Black Angel

Arcane
My first true PSI experience is solely focused on Thought Control, with only half as much investment into Psychokinesis as a way to deal with bots. The rest of the points are invested into subterfuge (minus traps and pickpocket), crafting, and diplomacy (including Intimidation and Mercantile). Very fun, many might think it gets monotonous at higher levels where it's only a matter of positioning -> Premeditation + LoC > nuke to victory, but to me, being able to turn an entire tide of encounters against itself with LoC + Enrage never gets old.

I think you'll find much fun in playing PSI-hybrids like Cyberarmy posted above, or how Sykar plays around with PSI-snipers. There's also some monk builds made around unarmed + psychokinesis (Force Emission). Or just about any other build paired with bare minimum investment into Temporal Manipulation seemed fun.

Parabalus

Arcane
Do folks find that full PSI / main-PSI builds have much of a variation?

What I mean is, when you go 10 WILL and invest into PSI, surely you are usually levelling up all 3 (now 4) schools and have all the magic spells at your disposal. And stuff like Force User and Locus of Control are so obvious takes, so you always end up following a pretty linear progression of strategies around stuff like Telekinetic Punch, Force Field.

Would be interested in experiences / ideas where the a heavy PSI build plays out in a more unique way, perhaps by combining it with other non-PSI feats/abilities. Opportunist I suppose is one obvious route?

I played my first run only with Thought Control and Metathermics, no stealth. ARKE was hell :dealwithit:.

The issue with PSI is that it's so overpowered it's hard not to take the plunge if you eat the pill

• Have a psi bar? You want haste, or you're gimping yourself on purpose
  • Why not take force field for endless cheese for 25 skill points?
  • While you're there take 20 more for pre-nerf quick tinkering!
  • You have 10 WILL? You're surely not gonna skip Locus of IMBAness. Enjoy your free Uncanny Dodge!
  • Playing a ranged build? Take TD for 50 skill points and enjoy another >MkV grenade.
  • You get Cryostasis, which works regardless of your skill point investment, as a bonus.
If you have 18 WILL you can leave TC at 75 and your CC will still work, even on DOMINATING.

Basically it's too good even with 3 or 18 WILL, Styg has some wizard fetish. Someone should call Sawyer.

hell bovine

Arcane
  • Playing a ranged build? Take TD for 50 skill points and enjoy another >MkV grenade.
Yeah, the new temporal magic is a bit much. I've decided to restart with a non-psi build, because this is actually how it went with my chem pistol & temporal character. It's fun the first few times you set everything on fire, but then you notice how you're the special snowflake of Underrail because while enemies are running on adrenaline, your character is sitting at 90 ap for three rounds. Not that anything survives past round two of th mkv > LTI > mkv cycle.

Tbh, I have the impression that temporal psi was designed with dominating builds in mind, with the result of being overpowered on lower difficulties.

sin

Educated
I've finally got some time for the Underrail with Expedition and I am looking for some advice/help with a tincan machete build please, here's some kind of draft. Highlights:
  • Machete and metal armor user.
  • Throwing for a supporting skill as I dislike traps.
  • I would like to utilize temporal manipulation psi, since it's something new.
  • 130 lockpicking and hacking without Huxkey seems to be a little bit too much, but I am not sure how high are checks in the Expedition expansion.
  • With hypercerebrix and house crafting bonuses: 178 mechanics and 133 tailoring should be enough for weapon and armor crafting.
  • With hypercerbrix only: 130 biology to produce all drugs and 190 electronics for a possible energy shield from parts found in DC.
  • A little bit of chemistry for grenades.
  • Never rolled a char with persuasion, so would like to try it and, afaik, it's now required to get SGS help in the Junkyard.
  • Mercantile for crafting parts and easy charons for super steel alloys.
  • Most of the feats are probably self-explanatory and the Power Management is there as I love energy shields.
Is there anything with this build that is terribly wrong? My first play-through was with a stealthy sniper/SMGner, so I would to try different approach. There's also a lot of skill points left to be distributed, but I am not really sure where to put them. Nearly 170 throwing seems enough, dodge and evasion are probably useless with metal armor, 70 temporal manipulation is enough for all abilities (and I don't suppose that I would be using any of the scaling ones) and the persuasion and mercantile are probably high enough for everything. I could increase chemistry for the better hand grenades or get intimidation, but those two options seems just... meh. Oh, and I dropped Sprint on purpose (would need to get another agility point), but still not sure about it. Any ideas, suggestions?

ciox

Liturgist
Before haste, you'll be quite slow to approach ranged attackers, could be an issue. AR tin cans have range while 6 AGI builds can have Sprint and bonus movement points even at 95% armor penalty. Boot spring boots might help provided you aren't going for maximum armor penalty.

Crafting benches? Good luck affording that shit with the trading changes, lately I don't even walk into the house anymore.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom