Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Underrail - Serbian pillow talk, turning Tricks, taking tips

Discussion in 'Underrail' started by Kem0sabe, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Trashos Arcane

Trashos
    Yeah, if it is 6 turns, it is fine. It has been a while since I played Normal, but I kinda remember me healing multiple times per fight. I probably remember this part wrong (or it has been changed).

^ Top  
  2. Anthedon Arcane Patron

Anthedon
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    I'll start a new playthrough with Expeditions shortly. I'll probably go with an assault rifle/heavy armor build. Any major changes I can expect from the base game?

^ Top  
  3. HeatEXTEND Cipher Patron

HeatEXTEND
    Be sure to stack up on AoE or stealth. Trust me :negative:

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. Anthedon Arcane Patron

Anthedon
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    There are shotguns now, surely that's enough to take care of most AoE needs.

^ Top  
  5. HeatEXTEND Cipher Patron

HeatEXTEND
    I wouldn't shy away from some extra grenades.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. forumvisitor#451 Arbiter

forumvisitor#451
    I am absolutely fucking dense regarding practical use of some Temporal Manipulation abilities.

Can someone explain in simple terms the use, advantages,etc. of

1) Entropic Recurrence

2) Temporary Rewind

3) Psycho-Temporal Dilation?

I am using Premeditation, Psionic Mania coupled with Pyrokinesis and Telekinetic Punch, with the electric trap occasionally and I seem to fare pretty good. Anything that would make use of these even more effective or so?

^ Top  
  7. Whisper Arcane Vatnik

Whisper

Dilation is to slow enemies. Melee are easer to kite.

Reccurence is great skill, use your strongest attack, than use this to repeat damage, ignoring shields/resistances.

Rewind is niche ability, have some uses but rare. For example, use it than use skill that damages for % of target hp.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Whisper Arcane Vatnik

Whisper
    Implosion + Reccurence is great combo, one of best.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Major_Blackhart Codexia Lord Sodom Patron

Major_Blackhart
    Works great with hardcore pistol builds too.

^ Top  
  10. razvedchiki Erudite Sad Loser

razvedchiki
    any point of a sword/pistol build, except roleplay?

^ Top  
  11. Major_Blackhart Codexia Lord Sodom Patron

Major_Blackhart
    Nope. Roleplay only. It could mean though if you make a seriously badass suit of riot armor you could ostensibly focus on dex and then simply run through natives like shit through a goose. Use a custom 44 with explosive ammo to take guys out from afar, and then chop em up.

^ Top  
  12. Tygrende Savant

Tygrende
    They were not exactly made for each other but there is some faint synergy, kinda. Pistols synergize with investing into melee through the Gun-Fu feat, which adds 40% of melee skill to your attacks with pistols in melee range. But then you run into a problem - if the bonus is applied to pistol attacks in melee range, why even bother with the sword at all? One reason is for riposte/parry. Attack with the pistol, switch to the sword at the end of your turn, enjoy increased protection vs. melee and a free sword attack on your next turn. Captain's cutlass would be especially good for this - 50% more damage blocked by parry and up to 3 free attacks. Another reason is to use the sword for decapitations. Swords are more effective for those rare moments when the enemy is wearing an anti-rifle vest, too, or when you don't feel like reloading.

• Informative Informative x 2
    ^ Top  
  13. razvedchiki Erudite Sad Loser

razvedchiki
    decapitation needs 7 str which is a heavy cost to pay.

^ Top  
  14. Tygrende Savant

Tygrende
    It's a bit less of an investment if you also go for steadfast aim which requires 5 STR. No investment at all if you decide to wear metal. The build was not going to be optimal anyways.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Parabalus Arcane

Parabalus
    Note that this is strictly LARP, it's worse than dodge/uncanny.

And without 2 swords you can't switch to a better one to riposte, you're stuck with the shitty cutlass, so it's even worse.

• Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.