Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Nines

Learned
The number of owners graph is constantly changing up and down. It doesn't mean someone has refunded Underrail.
I also think it sold very good on GOG, considering that it was in the top for 2 weeks, at least.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Where is that video posted earlier ITT...it had a manboon trying to do a Let's Play of Underrail and getting killed (because he didn't know he was stealing stuff from SGS)? I think the guy took it down because I could not find it by searching YT.

Anyhow, that video was gr8. Shows the exact reaction retards have to Underrail.

ST'Ranger

Augur
Where is that video posted earlier ITT...it had a manboon trying to do a Let's Play of Underrail and getting killed (because he didn't know he was stealing stuff from SGS)? I think the guy took it down because I could not find it by searching YT.

Anyhow, that video was gr8. Shows the exact reaction retards have to Underrail.

Somewhat surprisingly, the comment section in that video was a hatetrain against popamole faggotry. The video got probably thumbs-downed into oblivion, and the cowardly cuck likely removed it so it wouldn't stain the remaining crumbs of his honour.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Time to walk from the doorway leading to the Super Steel smelting chamber to the doorway of the Foundry town square (no speed boosts): 35 seconds.

That may be a tad excessive, world building or no world building. :lol: It's probably the most extreme example.

bati

Scholar
JKK is stealth oriented. Their warehouse missions is also by far the easiest.

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
I have a question: somebody won the game without using crafting? I am asking this because i am without crafting and i do not have any problems so far (15lvl).

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
I have a question: somebody won the game without using crafting? I am asking this because i am without crafting and i do not have any problems so far (15lvl).

It's absolutely possible, yeah. I'm thinking of doing a non-crafting playthrough next year or whenever I replay Underrail.

Tigranes

Arcane
Non-crafting is fine, since you get unlimited money after a while and shops sell plenty of good stuff.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Just don't hope for a particularly good (or any flavor of "good," really) energy shield or a weapon with the exact components you might want to complement your feat choices.

Zetor

Arcane
Some builds fare better than others when doing no-crafting.

I'm doing a no-crafting psion playthrough now, and other than shields the biggest thing I'll be missing is psi beetle armor (just need to get lucky with psi headbands at the shop). OTOH if you're playing a crossbowman/trapper, relying on shops is going to be a pain, not to mention that crossbow damage without using super strings is going to be noticably lower.

bati

Scholar
Unarmed/fist weapons should be also be a good candidate for no crafting run. All you really need is balaclava, some not completely shit stealth armor (or Rat King Regalia) and tabi boots. There are some decent unique fist weapons available but I think random drops should be good enough, damage ranges on those aren't as high as on other weapon classes.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Zetor Psi beetle armor is very skippable later on, so I wouldn't worry about it.

I'd more-or-less consider Crossbows/Traps unplayable without without Mechanics and either Chemistry or Biology (don't need a ton of the latter, but some).

Speaking of crossbows, I seem to recall that you can't put scopes on them (?) and I've always thought that a slot for scopes only would be a nice and easily-implemented way to bring them more up to par. Hunting crossbows in the real world can and do employ scopes, and there is a wide variety of crossbow-specific scopes for sale.

bati

Scholar
Of course you can put scopes on them. Both regular and anatomically aware.

Zetor

Arcane
Thing is that crossbows have essentially only one enhancement slot, since Super String is mandatory. Only exception may be a 'utility' crossbow with reloader / precision scope for landing quick shots and more reliable application of crowd control on high-evasion foes.

SymbolicFrank

Magister
I love it.

Best tactical RPG (and perhaps overall game) of the decade. It does most everything right.

However.

You should be able to select the game slot to save with Enter, and the barter interface is very bad. As most everyone agrees.

I see why it is the way it is: maximum reuse and flexibility. It uses the same controls as the other inventory ones, and you can do other stuff while bartering (although that tends to exit the barter dialog, defeating the purpose).

Let's make this clear: bartering is an important part of the game. It makes me stop playing the Bethesda games of the last decade unless I install multiple mods that fix it.

It deserves a custom interface, geared towards making it enjoyable to trade. And it requires a better split stack dialog. Actually, get rid of the stack limits (as they have no impact whatsoever), have single-click move one, double-click or Alt-click the whole stack, Ctrl-click pops up a selector where you can input (type!) an amount, and Shift-click stays as it is. Although I don't know why you would want it.

And show us the value and weight traded, and make it possible to specify the value instead of the amount when selecting money. A checkbox works.

Oh, and fix the Auto button.

Because, I love the game, but trading is really bad and getting on my nerves.

Well, ok, not Bethesda bad, but getting there.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Thing is that crossbows have essentially only one enhancement slot, since Super String is mandatory. Only exception may be a 'utility' crossbow with reloader / precision scope for landing quick shots and more reliable application of crowd control on high-evasion foes.
I've been guessing whether I should use my Super String on my high-quality Cyclon crossbow with Pneumatic reloader for 3 attacks per turn, or on my Hurricane parts with scope.
I guess I can use a pneumatic/scope Cyclon for crowd control and a super string/scope Hurricane for more reliable single-target shots, as the Hurricane has the lowest damage spread.

bati

Scholar
Hilarious. I was able to kill a Bladeling with 2-3 5 round bursts from a 5mm smg (~70% total increase in dmg from smart goggles and module, but still). Meanwhile in crossbow land you need like 20 fucking bolts.

edit: Durandal, I don't think you can under any circumstance get 3 attacks per turn by default. Adrenaline shot is the only way.

ArchAngel

Arcane
They went back to Fallout 4 where they belong.

If we include GOG, Underrail may already be at around 40,000 copies sold (or may be eventually), which frankly far exceeds what I expected. Taking into account Steam's/GOG's cut and cheaper early access copies, Styg must have pulled in something like $250,000+ for his share (not sure what his assistant developers' shares may be).

Serbia's cost of living is approximately half the cost of living the US, so I assume that's a very livable amount of money.
It is way less than that. The living costs.

Durandal

Arcane
edit: Durandal, I don't think you can under any circumstance get 3 attacks per turn by default. Adrenaline shot is the only way.
It is possible. The Cyclon crossbow has a default cost of 21 AP for each attack, which can be lowered even further with the Pneumatic Reloader, allowing 3 attacks per turn. Adrenaline can make that 4 attacks, and reportedly with Blitz, adrenaline, and a Pneumatic Cyclon you can even attack up to six times per turn.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I would like to add my 2 cents on the walking/zone transition issues.

Maybe the best solution would be to have kids wait for you at metro/boats in larger places like Core City and Institute and you can pay them some coins so they take you to couple of locations like Upper Metro, Docks, Lower Metro, Your house, Institute chiefs and so on.

It would both fit the lore and help with too many transition screen issue.

Durandal

Arcane
I would like to add my 2 cents on the walking/zone transition issues.

Maybe the best solution would be to have kids wait for you at metro/boats in larger places like Core City and Institute
More importantly, would you be able to kill the kids?

bati

Scholar
It is possible. The Cyclon crossbow has a default cost of 21 AP for each attack, which can be lowered even further with the Pneumatic Reloader, allowing 3 attacks per turn. Adrenaline can make that 4 attacks, and reportedly with Blitz, adrenaline, and a Pneumatic Cyclon you can even attack up to six times per turn.

Have you actually tried it? If I remember correctly I ended up at 17 AP per shot when I put the components into the crafting menu.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom