Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Wait just a minute... come to think of it, where are the CHILDREN in this game?!

Rating reduced from Underrail/10 to AustralianFallout/10. :australia:

bati

Scholar
I hear there are some crit immune mobs in Deep Caverns :lol:.

Which knife are you using anyway? I've always wondered how good Ol' Chopper's knife is, it's got 20% crit chance but I have no idea how the damage compares to stuff you can craft yourself.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I hear there are some crit immune mobs in Deep Caverns :lol:.

Which knife are you using anyway? I've always wondered how good Ol' Chopper's knife is, it's got 20% crit chance but I have no idea how the damage compares to stuff you can craft yourself.
I'm using some shitty combat knife, I'm still early in the game because of all the times I started over.

I didn't go with weapon crafting because from what I've seen knifers don't get much value out of it compared to tailoring. The feat is kinda meh too, just 5% extra crit chance. The main benefit would be slapping electroshock generator but whatever, nobody gives clear info if the damage crits or is affected by crit multipliers.

Would be nice if you could craft certain things like shock generator and poison independently and apply to any weapon or whatever makes sense.

Last edited:

ST'Ranger

Augur
I'm reasonably certain that there is a "default" crit of 100% for anything which can't be modified. So your electrotaps will do 200% damage when they crit.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Ah, now I've personally experienced why someone was bitching about an invincible character. I thought they were referring to The Beast, or were perhaps using the wrong tactics against something.

One of the few special psionic dialogue options in the game, and the reward for being strong enough to break free is to get to reload the game. Apex!

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I'm reasonably certain that there is a "default" crit of 100% for anything which can't be modified. So your electrotaps will do 200% damage when they crit.
That I know, but what about things like cheap shots, ripper and critical power? Are those just for the mechanical damage of the knife? What about crit chance, does the shock use weapon crit chance?

ST'Ranger

Augur
I can't say for certain, but my experience is that none of those will affect the shock damage.

Nines

Learned
I wish I took a sniper. :negative:

cIEb.png
I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.

dIEb.png

Blackmill

Scholar
I've got some questions about the Deep Caverns.

So, I met this faceless group, and they didn't attack me but they didn't let me into their base either. Is this because I didn't do any of the quests that help the Faceless or do they let me in later on? Other thing is I think I've cleared the Mushroom Forest (got high, killed that Pulsating Root) but I've noticed people talking about a boss. Is this boss the Pulsating Root or did I miss something? I took care to look in every room I could find. Also, can you kill Six at some point or is he forever unkillable?

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
I am the Chosen One of the fanbots and will thresh all obstacles in my path like so much wheat, be they glow-in-the-dark French dinner dans la coquille, glum cosplayers with Predator armbands, or a giant Japanese sex toy.

Blackmill

Scholar
Blaine do you mean the...uhm...guy at the West Wing?

You have the option to fight his mind control. At first you fail, but you can keep fighting, and if you have enough skill you can overcome his influence. If you do, he attacks you.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Instead of cheating and making him invincible, he should instead have been made immune to CC and resistant and healthy enough to survive any single-turn assault with at least a third of his HP remaining, then turn neutral again and flee after delivering a more abortive version of the speech. The speech didn't matter much anyway even if you didn't resist, and he "flees" afterward regardless, so....

That's still plot armor, but it would have been greatly preferable in this case.

This isn't an adventure game. It's not interesting or cute when a scripted encounter is literally designed to force you to reload by means of neutralizing all of your offensive abilities and dealing truckloads of plot damage to you.

I'm sure you can just run out the exit and survive, never to return to that room again, but that's alien to the way Underrail is supposed played.

Last edited:

Ent

Savant
I was starting to regret getting 7 dex on my sniper character but then I got quick tinkering. I can never go back to laying down traps the regular way ever again.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
"Elemental" bullet recipes are so rare that they almost might as well not even be in the game. You need a reasonable chance to actually obtain and use a thing in order for it to be a worthwhile thing to include in players' arsenals.

I've been playing for over one hundred hours, have looted thousands of enemies and containers, always check blueprints available at merchants, always visit "special" merchants (Core City faction merchant, etc.), and only now, having done almost everything above DC, do I find the Shock Bullets blueprint on a faction merchant. It appeared nowhere before then.

I obtained all 24 psi skills and found duplicates of many of them (sometimes a couple of duplicates) before the 5mm shock bullet recipe ever put in a single appearance. That is absurd.

I'm playing pure psi, so I don't care all that much, but I do like to collect every blueprint. Otherwise, I wouldn't have noticed.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Instead of cheating and making him invincible, he should instead have been made immune to CC and resistant and healthy enough to survive any single-turn assault with at least a third of his HP remaining, then turn neutral again and flee after delivering a more abortive version of the speech. The speech didn't matter much anyway even if you didn't resist, and he "flees" afterward regardless, so....

That's still plot armor, but it would have been greatly preferable in this case.

This isn't an adventure game. It's not interesting or cute when a scripted encounter is literally designed to force you to reload by means of neutralizing all of your offensive abilities and dealing truckloads of plot damage to you.

I'm sure you can just run out the exit and survive, never to return to that room again, but that's alien to the way Underrail is supposed played.
You mean not like AoD? :hmmm:

Yoshiyyahu

Arcane
Patron
"Elemental" bullet recipes are so rare that they almost might as well not even be in the game. You need a reasonable chance to actually obtain and use a thing in order for it to be a worthwhile thing to include in players' arsenals.

I've been playing for over one hundred hours, have looted thousands of enemies and containers, always check blueprints available at merchants, always visit "special" merchants (Core City faction merchant, etc.), and only now, having done almost everything above DC, do I find the Shock Bullets blueprint on a faction merchant. It appeared nowhere before then.

I obtained all 24 psi skills and found duplicates of many of them (sometimes a couple of duplicates) before the 5mm shock bullet recipe ever put in a single appearance. That is absurd.

I'm playing pure psi, so I don't care all that much, but I do like to collect every blueprint. Otherwise, I wouldn't have noticed.

Stratford from the Praetorian guard sells them. Just check his inventory every time you visit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom