Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

epeli

Arcane
Hilarious. I was able to kill a Bladeling with 2-3 5 round bursts from a 5mm smg (~70% total increase in dmg from smart goggles and module, but still). Meanwhile in crossbow land you need like 20 fucking bolts.

Crossbow can also kill bladeling in a single turn. Use its strength, not weakness. :M

It is possible. The Cyclon crossbow has a default cost of 21 AP for each attack, which can be lowered even further with the Pneumatic Reloader, allowing 3 attacks per turn. Adrenaline can make that 4 attacks, and reportedly with Blitz, adrenaline, and a Pneumatic Cyclon you can even attack up to six times per turn.

Nope, it's not possible. It goes down to 17 AP cost. 2 attacks normally (34/50 AP), 4 with adrenaline (68/70 AP), 5 if you add blitz (85/90 AP), 6 if you add special tactics.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
edit: Durandal, I don't think you can under any circumstance get 3 attacks per turn by default. Adrenaline shot is the only way.
It is possible. The Cyclon crossbow has a default cost of 21 AP for each attack, which can be lowered even further with the Pneumatic Reloader, allowing 3 attacks per turn. Adrenaline can make that 4 attacks, and reportedly with Blitz, adrenaline, and a Pneumatic Cyclon you can even attack up to six times per turn.

Have you actually tried it? If I remember correctly I ended up at 17 AP per shot when I put the components into the crafting menu.
Not yet, but 17 AP should be enough for three attacks, as you have 50 AP.

edit: fuck me I cant math

bati

Scholar
Hilarious. I was able to kill a Bladeling with 2-3 5 round bursts from a 5mm smg (~70% total increase in dmg from smart goggles and module, but still). Meanwhile in crossbow land you need like 20 fucking bolts.

Crossbow can also kill bladeling in a single turn. Use its strength, not weakness. :M

Do tell, Yoda. You can't oneshot it with a crit (or Snipe), fire doesn't work, 2 acid bolts with Elemental Bolts don't do enough damage, same goes for shock bolts. And you can't stack poison high enough in a single turn to kill it even if you go burrower trap -> cave ear bolt -> burrower bolt. Maaaaaaybe with hypertoxicity. But even then, so much effort, preparation and consumables while an SMG user just rolls his face across the keyboard and kills 3 of them.

epeli

Arcane
Do tell, Yoda. You can't oneshot it with a crit (or Snipe), fire doesn't work, 2 acid bolts with Elemental Bolts don't do enough damage, same goes for shock bolts. And you can't stack poison high enough in a single turn to kill it even if you go burrower trap -> cave ear bolt -> burrower bolt. Maaaaaaybe with hypertoxicity. But even then, so much effort, preparation and consumables while an SMG user just rolls his face across the keyboard and kills 3 of them.

That is true, crossbow way is always the hard way compared to other options. :D

1) hypertoxicity
2) cave ear poison bolt
3) some burrower poison bolts
4) ????
5) dead bladeling

Meanwhile, any gunner would just fill it with some tungsten carbide rounds.

Gord

Arcane
A question regarding main quest:

After I resolved the Faceless problem in Rail Crossing, I've now a quest "Find out what the Faceless are looking for" in my journal. Unfortunately, I don't remember that Tanner told me anything else about it and it's been a few days now, which I spend mostly doing other stuff.
Google says that apparently Buzzer should give me some info, but Buzzer is dead in my game.
I'm a bit unsure how to proceed at this point, should I just keep exploring to find more info?

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
A question regarding main quest:

After I resolved the Faceless problem in Rail Crossing, I've now a quest "Find out what the Faceless are looking for" in my journal. Unfortunately, I don't remember that Tanner told me anything else about it and it's been a few days now, which I spend mostly doing other stuff.
Google says that apparently Buzzer should give me some info, but Buzzer is dead in my game.
I'm a bit unsure how to proceed at this point, should I just keep exploring to find more info?

Doesn't Tanner have a dialogue option where he re-caps your current quest for situations like that?

More or less you should go to core City look for some faggits

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
I've reached a point where guns seem a bit shitty, yeah. I finally have enough STR to equip ARs so I'm going to switch to them. I really like exploring new territory in this game, which is perfect since I took the Oddity system, got a whole level by just exploring for about 1-2hrs and finding oddities. The atmosphere in the Upper Underrail tunnels is great (and the music reminds me of STALKER).

Gord

Arcane
Doesn't Tanner have a dialogue option where he re-caps your current quest for situations like that?

More or less you should go to core City look for some faggits

I don't think you can talk to him about your current quest? At least I couldn't when I tried. He also wanted me to meet
Gorsky in CC, but that seems to be unrelated to MQ and rather lead to some sidequests. Not sure though, will try that for now.

bati

Scholar
Main quest will lead you to that point Gord, you pretty much can't miss it. No need to obsess over it for now.

bati

Scholar
If you got expertise and expose weakness it should be piece of cake.

Gord

Arcane
Main quest will lead you to that point Gord, you pretty much can't miss it. No need to obsess over it for now.

Well, but that's my problem, I don't know how to exactly continue MQ right now - the "Find out what the Faceless are searching for" is the only relevant entry as far as I can tell. I guess I'll keep exploring and doing a few sidequests then.

ST'Ranger

Augur
All those consumables used to kill one critter... crossbows, never again.

blaine.png

bati

Scholar

Well, but that's my problem, I don't know how to exactly continue MQ right now - the "Find out what the Faceless are searching for" is the only relevant entry as far as I can tell. I guess I'll keep exploring and doing a few sidequests then.

It's tied to the arena and Oligarchy quests.

Sykar

Arcane

Well you do know that they are in Core City. Just keep doing quests
and maybe join one of the oligarchs after a couple of arena fights
to further your progress

Nines

Learned
Is there any benefit from not doing any quests for
Free Drones or Protectorate? This sounds retarded, but this little war is even more retarded. So, basically you have a train situation, where you can bring back the train, finalizing the deal between Rail Crossing and Protectorate, which means fascists will gain more power. Or, you can ignore it, and leave the supplies where they are, leaving Rail Crossing without food, meds, ammo and other supplies (let fellow people die, in order to fight the powa! - nice logic here dear Derp Drones.). What if I want to fuck both factions? Is that possible?

ArchAngel

Arcane
edit: Durandal, I don't think you can under any circumstance get 3 attacks per turn by default. Adrenaline shot is the only way.
No, Cyclone + Reloader does not let you do 3 attacks without using special tactics feat. But it lets you attack twice with crossbow and use one grenade or one healing items. It also lets you get 2 additional attacks by using Adrenaline. Note that 25 AP crossbows even with adrenaline don't get 3rd attack because adrenaline only gives +20 ap.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Protectorate are bros. You're getting some enclave flashbacks. Join them.

They are also the best midgame source for guns

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
What? They looked like Underrail's enclave to me. They are not, tho.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom