Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

I've found the game is great for 30 minute chunks, one of those games I'll likely play for a time, calendar-wise, until I finish it. This avoids most of the annoyance with too much walking per quest. The main problem with this is remembering conversations.

I think more fast travel and faster transitions would help this game tremendously. Already excellent though.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I have yet to see a Sniper Rifle with a critical damage bonus above 100% from a merchant
Yeah, by the way part of what makes Crafting so strong in the game is not just raw numbers, but the fact that without it you can't even customize your build. Say you want a crit build and a rifle with crit chance, but you can't even put digital scope on it, and so on. You could probably never even unlock many possible builds without investing into it due to no option of upgrading items outside of making them anew from all the parts.
It's powerful and fun, but not really flexible (say, if you could upgrade items with some parts with lower skill - that would be more flexible).

Styg When crafting mechanical bolts, it doesn't matter whether you use regular serrated blades or tungsten serrated blades; you end up with just "Serrated Bolt". Intentional?

Gord

Arcane
I think that is true for other items as well. E.g. throwing knives, caltrops or Bear traps.

Also, can we maybe get THREE slots for crafting crossbows? Considering the possible combinations of the three enhancement types (string, aiming enhancement, reloader), there shouldn't be any reason not to use all three, especially since some of the crafting options for other items can get very detailed.

oneself

Arcane
Shitposter
A minority-white, multicultural hellscape
Also, can we maybe get THREE slots for crafting crossbows? Considering the possible combinations of the three enhancement types (string, aiming enhancement, reloader), there shouldn't be any reason not to use all three, especially since some of the crafting options for other items can get very detailed.

I agree. Super-string should have an extra slot just for itself.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I'm having fun so far. The stealth in this game is pretty good.

Last edited:

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Renamed psionics to traditional fantasy magic:

Cryokinesis: Frost bolt
Pyrokinesis: Fireball
Cryostasis: Freeze
Pyrokinetic Stream: Burning hands

Cryo-shield: Stoneskin (old AD&D edition)
Electrokinetic Imprint: Glyph of Warding (electric)
Electrokinesis: Chain Lightning
Telekinetic Punch: Bigby's Clenched fist

Neural Overload: Mind blast (not magic but psionics)
Frighten: Fear
Mental Breakdown: Sleep (disabling effect is the same)
Enrage: Berserk
Neural Visual Disruption: Invisibility to one target
Pseudo-spatial projection: Mirror Image
Locus of Control: Mind blank+Area effect attack

I'm not familiar with psionics in pnp games so mostly magic.

Question:
Is it possible to save Eidein by killing all the Faceless while waiting for the elevator?

Shadenuat

Arcane
Is it possible to save Eidein by killing all the Faceless while waiting for the elevator?
Even if Eidein dies, during endgame slides it is said that "his body mysteriously was never found". It may be the only and one ending for him, since tchortists vanish later and Protectorate storms Institute.
Faceless are endless. You're supposed to jump on elevator right away.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Speaking of food, I never use it (except for Junkyard Surprise crafting bonus binges) because it only lasts five minutes. It's just too marginal to be worth the hassle of remembering to click something constantly, or even just prior to a battle. In my opinion, the buff should last fifteen minutes and food items should cost/weigh twice as much.

ST'Ranger

Augur
I use food constantly and completely agree. And food needs to be craftable - that would just be fantastic.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Petition to rename Underrail to "Stygian Software and the Holy Boot Spring." Jesus Cristo, these fuckers are hard to get.

4e339e1696.png

ArchAngel

Arcane
Speaking of food, I never use it (except for Junkyard Surprise crafting bonus binges) because it only lasts five minutes. It's just too marginal to be worth the hassle of remembering to click something constantly, or even just prior to a battle. In my opinion, the buff should last fifteen minutes and food items should cost/weigh twice as much.
I forget to use it because you can only use it before battle. If food was changed to be used during battle it would be more useful.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
I forget to use it because you can only use it before battle. If food was changed to be used during battle it would be more useful.

The weight is just fine. Using them in battle might be a little stretch with Styg aiming for "realism" and such. I'd rather see a special +1 int food and be done with scumming junkyard suprises. Maybe Fried psi brain?

As for length - isn't it something like 30 turns? Because once you are in turn combat it no longer is a 5min buff, it is counted in turns ( :incline: )

Blaine when any combat you took part of, including preparation, took that many turns?

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Never, which by the way is why I still haven't found a viable use for gas grenades. Maybe if I set a trap, throw the grenade, add some Cave Ear caltrops, then wait for a guard to wander by and try to disarm the trap....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom