Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

ArchAngel

Arcane
Speaking of food, I never use it (except for Junkyard Surprise crafting bonus binges) because it only lasts five minutes. It's just too marginal to be worth the hassle of remembering to click something constantly, or even just prior to a battle. In my opinion, the buff should last fifteen minutes and food items should cost/weigh twice as much.
I forget to use it because you can only use it before battle. If food was changed to be used during battle it would be more useful.

The weight is just fine. Using them in battle might be a little stretch with Styg aiming for "realism" and such. I'd rather see a special +1 int food and be done with scumming junkyard suprises. Maybe Fried psi brain?

As for length - isn't it something like 30 turns? Because once you are in turn combat it no longer is a 5min buff, it is counted in turns ( :incline: )

Blaine when any combat you took part of, including preparation, took that many turns?
He does not care for realism often. It would be better if food was made more useful. Their bonus is minor and can be ignored often (except for crafting or occasional hacking/lockpicking boost) and the limit of only usable outside of combat just makes it mostly useless. Make it 5 AP to use and use at any time, people can use it with left over AP in first round.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Nah, that's just dumb.. A point increase is damn useful, food is cheap and plentiful. How hard is it to just have a bite when you know you're going into an area swarming with enemies?

Goromorg

Savant
Food is useful as it is. +1 CON for HP or +1 DEX to reach next treshhold for unarmed helps a lot.

ST'Ranger

Augur
A point of Strength or Dexterity is in no way minor on certain characters - in fact the Dexterity food is totally broken even after Styg had to nerf all food because of the knife god. For STR-based melee character, 1 point of STR is better than 1 point of PER would be for ranged users (which would be hilarious) since it gives two sources of damage in addition to accuracy. But Dexterity food is truly disgusting - it gives reduced AP costs and potentially damage and accuracy. The only minor bonus from food is Agility - even the Constitution can be situationally very good against engagements with crossbows or crawlers.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Nah, that's just dumb.. A point increase is damn useful, food is cheap and plentiful. How hard is it to just have a bite when you know you're going into an area swarming with enemies?

I might spend 40 minutes or even longer in, say, the Lurker base. That's eight times I need to notice when the little icon beside the portrait has disappeared, and I typically won't, because I'm too busy worrying whether five guys with knives are around the next corner and how to prepare for them.

There are simply, in my opinion, too many other things occupying my attention to devote to remembering to eat food constantly when exploring enemy territory. Even before a huge battle, I'll likely forget it.

Still, Rathound Barbecue is for example a very nice buffer against Crippling Strike (it's marginal, but it helps minimize the AP/accuracy loss turn by turn), and for characters with high CON and Conditioning (like mine), it can even be worthwhile to chomp Junkyard Surprise until I get +2 CON... although, I've never done that because, again, I can't really be bothered with food because it lasts only five minutes.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Still not worth enough so I remember to use it before battle. And if I lose the battle, setting few traps or caltrops helps more than +1 to a stat.
As I said a fix so it can be used in battle will at least make it as useful as consumables.

Shadenuat

Arcane
You can also use food to pass text quests. Stim + Kebab is +3 STR, it allows to enter some rooms to even weaker characters, and +AGI to climb rocks and squeeze through passages.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Is it possible to save Eidein by killing all the Faceless while waiting for the elevator?
Even if Eidein dies, during endgame slides it is said that "his body mysteriously was never found". It may be the only and one ending for him, since tchortists vanish later and Protectorate storms Institute.
Faceless are endless. You're supposed to jump on elevator right away.

The game mentions several times that the Faceless never leave their dead comrades behind ... which might imply that Eidein is one of them!?

Shadenuat

Arcane
The game mentions several times that the Faceless never leave their dead comrades behind ... which might imply that Eidein is one of them!?
Doubt it. He is probably just too badass to die, he lived for hundreds of years. Probably mutated a lot too and could regenerate. Or maybe he's also one of those supah gods like Tanner & Six.
latest

ArchAngel

Arcane
Is it possible to save Eidein by killing all the Faceless while waiting for the elevator?
Even if Eidein dies, during endgame slides it is said that "his body mysteriously was never found". It may be the only and one ending for him, since tchortists vanish later and Protectorate storms Institute.
Faceless are endless. You're supposed to jump on elevator right away.

And yet they leave them at Buzzer's when you kill them all...

ArchAngel

Arcane
You can also use food to pass text quests. Stim + Kebab is +3 STR, it allows to enter some rooms to even weaker characters, and +AGI to climb rocks and squeeze through passages.
Still does not make them useful enough for combat so you need to keep them up before combat.

torpid

Liturgist
A subforum now? Why so complicated? :negative:

And the forum's title is "Styg's tribute to Fallout", such shitty reductionism, sounds like Infinitron

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
A subforum now? Why so complicated? :negative:

And the forum's title is "Styg's tribute to Fallout", such shitty reductionism, sounds like Infinitron

Hey, "fallout inspired" "fallout tribute" and other fallout comparisons that are pulled out of ass is what got Underrail publicity.

Similarities:
- both are cRPGS
- Turn Based with action points.

Even the number of posts in societies doesn't add up, Fallout is post-postapocalyptic and Underrail (counting Biocorp as the first postpost) is at least post-post-postapocalyptic

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Am I the only one under the impression that some psi abilities are too expensive?
I mean, Bilocation (you have to find that one by exploring) would be really nice, if it was not so expensive that doing two other abilities instead is more worthwhile.

I would really like to use it, as I love the idea, but a fireball to the face is just cheaper.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Am I the only one under the impression that some psi abilities are too expensive?
I mean, Bilocation (you have to find that one by exploring) would be really nice, if it was not so expensive that doing two other abilities instead is more worthwhile.

I would really like to use it, as I love the idea, but a fireball to the face is just cheaper.
You cast Mental Breakdown first, then Bilocation and then run away and let two dopplegangers kill your target :)

I usually do MB on toughest enemy in group and go punch others to death. Then in last round I cast Bilocation and then Taser him so he cannot run around :)

hell bovine

Arcane
Doubt it. He is probably just too badass to die, he lived for hundreds of years. Probably mutated a lot too and could regenerate. Or maybe he's also one of those supah gods like Tanner & Six.
latest
Not really, you can kill him quite easily.
The annoying thing is you can't even take a peek at what's under his mask, even though the basement experiments say something about keepers hiding their real faces, implying that they all look like the mouth of tchort underneath. Maybe he got a few improvements at the deep cavern clinic; those tentacles are just like a surgeon's hands.

Now here is something I would like to know: has anyone found the siphoner man (mentioned in the secret place computer database)?

Shadenuat

Arcane
The annoying thing is you can't even take a peek at what's under his mask, even though the basement experiments say something about keepers hiding their real faces, implying that they all look like the mouth of tchort underneath. Maybe he got a few improvements at the deep cavern clinic; those tentacles are just like a surgeon's hands.
Do you mean kill him as in the game or kill him and get unique vignette about it in epilogue? Cause of course you can kill him in game.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy

With Locus of Control, you can cast Bilocation as an AoE effect, in addition to the Mental Breakdown combo. It's extremely powerful, although of course it takes time to really deal tons of damage.

Still and all, Bilocation is yet another ability/item (like Crippling Strike and nets) that is much more powerful in the hands of enemies, since there are usually many of them but only one of you.

hell bovine

Arcane
Do you mean kill him as in the game or kill him and get unique vignette about it in epilogue? Cause of course you can kill him in game.
My mage killed him, but didn't get any special epilogue slides, just the usual "corpse mysteriously disappeared". What I meant is that you can't take off his mask after he is dead. Or at least hack off his head, why not, you do it with other people. :lol:

hell bovine

Arcane
My mage killed him, but didn't get any special epilogue slides, just the usual "corpse mysteriously disappeared".
Well, duh. That's what I meant saying he's probably plot armored.
Or maybe someone took his corspe.
He is not a plot NPC, in fact killing him can be part of the plot. If you fail the interview at the institute, you'll have to fight your way through and kill Eiden for the elevator key. You can also attack the tchortist once inside the institute or have them turn on you if you decide to explore the basement without stealth. There isn't much difference in the plot afterwards; elevator scene remains the same (single tchortists running in to warn you; where did he come from? was he hiding in a barrel?) and you can ally with the group in deep caverns anyway. No special ending slides. (then again, my character got the ally of protectorate slides after destroying fort apogee, so it's possible they are bugged)

epeli

Arcane
You're not Fallout-inspired enough until you can kill radscoprions and sell their tails

Why, of course you can kill radscorpions crawlers and sell their tails stingers. :obviously:

6BAFXw8.png
PkRCTWi.png

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom