Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Beastro

Arcane
Renamed psionics to traditional fantasy magic:

Cryokinesis: Frost bolt
Pyrokinesis: Fireball
Cryostasis: Freeze
Pyrokinetic Stream: Burning hands

Cryo-shield: Stoneskin (old AD&D edition)
Electrokinetic Imprint: Glyph of Warding (electric)
Electrokinesis: Chain Lightning
Telekinetic Punch: Bigby's Clenched fist

Neural Overload: Mind blast (not magic but psionics)
Frighten: Fear
Mental Breakdown: Sleep (disabling effect is the same)
Enrage: Berserk
Neural Visual Disruption: Invisibility to one target
Pseudo-spatial projection: Mirror Image
Locus of Control: Mind blank+Area effect attack

I'm not familiar with psionics in pnp games so mostly magic.

Have a passing knowledge of Greek = no problem.

Are there seriously people on this :obviously: forum of all place that don't know at a glance what all of those means?

Speaking of food, I never use it (except for Junkyard Surprise crafting bonus binges) because it only lasts five minutes. It's just too marginal to be worth the hassle of remembering to click something constantly, or even just prior to a battle. In my opinion, the buff should last fifteen minutes and food items should cost/weigh twice as much.

While I can see what is being done,it's still annoying to have limited hotkeys when WoW style consumables are still in game. It's bad enough having to fit in skills, ammo reload at a glance and oe type of trap, the rest like lockpicking force me to keep the inventory open too often.

You don't get a CAU suit as protectorate. You get it as Free Drones. Honestly FD questline gives a lot more oddity EXP than Protectorate. You get dreadnought controller, two Protectorate cans instead of 1, the long rubber gloves and the CAU armor. You don't even have to miss the Brzozpino Skontam as long as you let Kokoska perish in SRO assault. That is 7 extra EXP, or 11 if you do the gas the drone quest as it supposed to be done. Plus the cool looking armor.

Granted, if you know what you are looking for, you can get it down to 4. Still, this can be the difference between hitting DC at level 24 or not.

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to make the terrorist faction give better shit. If I even replay this game I'm never going to pick that stupid side since I loath siding with groups like the Free Drones in games.

Last edited:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
While I can see what is being done,it's still annoying to have limited hotkeys when WoW style consumables are still in game. It's bad enough having to fit in skills, ammo reload at a glance and oe type of trap, the rest like lockpicking force me to keep the inventory open too often.

If you hold Shift, the hotbar UI on the right that normally displays utilities will change to display every ammo type for your currently equipped weapon, allowing you to reload, load a different type, or unload with a keystroke or click. Holding Shift also allows you to recharge your shield by clicking the shield icon.

Also, Shift and Ctrl each display a second and third set of 9-slot hotbars.

Just about the only build in the entire game that can't fit every tool, medicine (well, not absolutely every single medicine, but usually all the ones you need), ability, and feat onto their hotbars is full (or two-discipline) psi, and for that you just press F to bring up all of your psi abilities.

Beastro

Arcane

If you hold Shift, the hotbar UI on the right that normally displays utilities will change to display every ammo type for your currently equipped weapon, allowing you to reload, load a different type, or unload with a keystroke or click. Holding Shift also allows you to recharge your shield by clicking the shield icon.

Just about the only build in the entire game that can't fit every tool, medicine (well, not absolutely every single medicine, but usually all the ones you need), ability, and feat onto their hotbars is full (or two-discipline) psi, and for that you just press F to bring up all of your psi abilities.

Thx for the tip!

:bro:
Captain Marek did nothing wrong. :incline:

quote-the-essence-of-war-is-violence-moderation-in-war-is-imbecility-john-arbuthnot-fisher-62357.jpg

Inf0mercial

Augur
Finally found how to load single rounds in my gun leading to autism at first i was like,

e7b5d73d8b.jpg

But then i realized this is inefficient and a waste as i get 7 rounds in a burst so one per burst would best to not waste them,
39dfc0061e.jpg

But then i realized i have that last burst with nothing and only 50% of bleed per burst so i went with this as a final.
b35b779c3e.jpg

I call this my DC load out when i eventually go down there for all the hp bloat fucks.

I have atm 1.3k normal 7.62 rounds and about 700 mirco rounds i should by the time i go down have 1k micro rounds as well so i should be able to go full half and half or all micro shrapnel.

Beastro

Arcane

Huh just had that encounter in west wing that Blaine and someone else was talking about awhile ago its kind of bullshit i mean, what the fuck is the point? Pick the wrong convo options then its "lol reload"?

So he goes to the trouble of making this encounter all these convo options then he decides "if they pick these convo options that are in character to not tell this guy anything they die and have to reload ha good job styg your a genius"

What character and how does that happen?

Inf0mercial

Augur

Huh just had that encounter in west wing that Blaine and someone else was talking about awhile ago its kind of bullshit i mean, what the fuck is the point? Pick the wrong convo options then its "lol reload"?

So he goes to the trouble of making this encounter all these convo options then he decides "if they pick these convo options that are in character to not tell this guy anything they die and have to reload ha good job styg your a genius"

What character and how does that happen?
Go west wing in institute of torcht, its up from where you enter then up again, you encounter Six and if you answer wrong/ don't tell him what he wants to know he attacks you it becomes a fight and he takes 0 damage and has max evasion and dodge so you have 40% chance to hit.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Man, that warehouse defense mission, as a heavy AR/grenade guy... it's, uh, really something. Can't see shit because of the boxes, can't do anything because allied fucktards constantly get in the way, and near the end, can't even move to half the spaces without accidentally looting something and losing a bunch of AP. :lol:

I can see why people complained about it.

The frag Mk IVs placed right in front of the entrance took out all three of the first three guys who spawned, and two sets of two more at narrow choke points took out a further two. I also placed four poison bear traps across the back corridor.

Last edited:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
I feel almost as though Styg implements a change based on every complaint I've made. A certain debuff timer, fishing success rate, duration of food buffs, the rarity of special ammo blueprints, the rarity of boot springs....

Maybe I should wish for a pony for my birthday next. :happytrollboy:

Regarding the rarity issue, I have no problem with certain items being rare enough that you're happy to finally find them, but if they're so incredibly rare that the average player can easily miss out on them for the entire game, it really takes something away from the game's diversity. "Elemental" bullets are a prime example. They add some variety and interest and increase tactical choice (a tad) and resource management.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Man, that warehouse defense mission, as a heavy AR/grenade guy... it's, uh, really something. Can't see shit because of the boxes, can't do anything because allied fucktards constantly get in the way, and near the end, can't even move to half the spaces without accidentally looting something and losing a bunch of AP. :lol:

I can see why people complained about it.

The frag Mk IVs placed right in front of the entrance took out all three of the first three guys who spawned, and two sets of two more at narrow choke points took out a further two. I also placed four poison bear traps across the back corridor.
It's more important how you place flares and molotovs there than mines. You can throw 2 flares near chokepoint and stealthies won't pass (your team would just aggro on them right away giving you first turn), and you can use flame tiles to make enemies walk where you want and waste time to try and run around warehouse in hope of finding entrance to your place.
Boxes are evil, I found it easier to stand just to the side of chokepoint and kite occasionally.

Really, working for neat science corp "I didn't ask for this" right after a few detective-like missions.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Yeah, I also threw magnesium grenades into the corridor choke point, but I didn't think of throwing flares. Good call.

Nines

Learned
I'm utterly impressed with Foundry. My biggest complaint about the game was the lack of reactivity, but Foundry does a good job in this regard.

When you kill Nicolas, investigator will arrive at the "crime" scene. When you kill and expose Evelyn, everyone will know about it, and even some dialogues will be changed for this. That kind of stuff.

However, this is also a place of weird design decisions. For example, I never had any problems with finding quest things in this game, but the main quest about the Beast does not hint how I suppose to "learn more about the creatures", other than finding a biologist, it does not hint how I suppose to "lure the Beast", and it also doesn't give any clues that you can find some help before the final fight. It's obvious that you can ask Saban, but if not the wiki I would never know that you can also ask Dan about it.

There is also something wrong with the Bladelings respawn tme. They appear in the caves with the chromium rocks every time you leave these locations.

Moreover, these creatures gave me the glimpse of what I will experience in DC, as a crossbowgimp. The only viable way to kill them is by using acid blob traps, but the are rare and bitch to craft, since blob dispensers are also not very common. The same I can say about acid bolts, they are not very common compared to other types of bolts, and if you're not a crafter you will suffer even more. Serrated bolts are shit. Other than blob traps I also used burrower poison bolts which were effective, but only because it was you and one bladeling. I doubt you can do something with poison bolts against a small crowd of enemies with high resistance to mechanical damage.

Other than that I had performance problems in the prison, and I'm not sure why. The location is pretty small, with like 5-7 NPCs, while half of them is just standing and doing nothing.

Also, dialogues with Dan and Bernard sometimes end in some unexpected way, like they were suppose to be looped back into the main dialogues branch.
Auto function on the bartering window will now prioritize SGS credits for merchants that accept them

tumblr_n8tqcqPhPB1thowlgo1_250.gif

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Post the whole list, assholes.

Here it goes:

Version 1.0.0.10

• Fixed the bug that would cause total carried weight to not be updated immediately when stacking items in the utility slots
  • Fixed the bug that would cause grenades to sometimes be thrown through walls when they miss their initial marks
  • Enemies that die from the burning effect from incdendiery bombs will no longer count towards "Fire and Ice" achievement
  • Fix the bug that caused the player to sometimes not be able to attack back in melee when rooted (while still getting attacked in melee)
  • Fire and other environmental effects will now properly despawn between arena matches (instead of becoming invisible)
  • Chemical agent is now completely immune to acid and acid puddles
  • Fire from any source will now properly trigger volatile objects (mines and the like)
  • Jawbone crossbow no longer claims it can be unloaded somehow
  • Boot spring made more common
  • Boot spring now provides more extra movement points*
  • Tabi boots extra base real-time movement speed bonus reduced but it now scales with material quality*
  • Auto function on the bartering window will now prioritize SGS credits for merchants that accept them
  • Increased the duration of foods to 20 minutes
  • Fire and acid will now run out eventually even if you're not in the area
  • Auto-attack command in quick invoker / action bar will now be properly disabled in turn-based mode if you don't have enough action points
  • Fixed the bug that would in certain cases allow game to resume while the option screen is still open after rebinding a key
  • Fixed the Deep Worm loot generation issue that caused all the worms to give out the same loot
  • Fixed the bug that would cause certain respawning entities to always drop the same loot
  • Giant grubs are now resistant to acid
  • Fixed wrong music playing in the Mushroom Forest
  • Fixed being able to repeatedly report to Jack Quicksilver that you've finished his missions
  • Fixed Waylon's monitors not shutting down when associated cameras are destroyed
  • Fixed being unable to pickpocket Kareem
  • Fixed the Faceless at the blockade not behaving as they should after certain events
  • Fixed an unreachable light switch in the player's house
  • Fixed a minor console in DC not being usable
  • Fixed an unusable hidden crawlspace in DC
  • Fixed Rassophore Nevil not talking to the player after the event at RAF
  • Typos/Grammar
  • Various minor map fixes
    * Only applies to items generated/crafted after the update is applied. Will not modify existing items.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
I'm glad boot springs now also provide more MP. I might have 1 MP left while wearing Fort Knox around everywhere.

Nines

Learned
At least it's useful now. Carrying a shit ton of eel burgers, and eating them every 5 minutes wasn't really a good idea, especially if your character has only 3 Str without Pack Rathound.

:excellent:

Ziem

Arbiter
130 should be enough for most locks both regular and electronic, but there are a few that require 135

Old One

Arcane
I'm utterly impressed with Foundry.
I like Foundry, although I wish there were a few ladders in strategic places. People complain about walking in Core City, and with some justification, but that main smelter area of Foundry is pretty annoying too. You have to zig-zag back and forth across the map to get from one exit grid to the other. A single ladder in the southwest part could avoid that completely.

The area with the bar is kind of silly too. There are three merchants there. To reach the first you have to go out of your way. To reach the second, you have to go even further out of your way. To reach the third, you have to go back to where you started and go out of your way in the other direction. Ladder please.

Otherwise I like it (although I still don't understand how they feed everyone who lives there).

ST'Ranger

Augur
It's likely they buy/import their food just like most everyone else does - probably mainly from Camp Hathor. Can you imagine the problems and low quality of food there if they grew it locally? Speaking of which, I'd avoid their butcher unless you're looking for skins - that meat probably wouldn't pass any kind of reasonable inspection.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom