Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Snufkin

Augur
It is hard to say without getting real numbers and doing some math. I also wonder what is formula for calculating force emission dmg.

damager

Arbiter
Well if this game had a multiplayer mode I would show you ;) JK

What I said about skills and melee counts for fist guys as well. Just switch out some feats and attributes and you are good to go.

damager

Arbiter
Excidium II I don't know I never felt like trading damage for bleed was worth it, or that I was able to inflict enough bleeding wounds to make the AP reduction really count.

I always thought this feats are more suited for the claw type fighters and/or somebody that heavily relies on bleeding through spiked boots and armor. I felt like other feats would have way more impact for on build, stuff like quick tinkering or fancy footworks.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Excidium II I don't know I never felt like trading damage for bleed was worth it, or that I was able to inflict enough bleeding wounds to make the AP reduction really count.
Just use a serrated blade on one hand. Worked for me.

The AP reduction rounded up so you didn't need even half stacks to already get -1 AP.

damager

Arbiter
I know man. But you need to stab with a serrated knife which has overall inferior stats. Just checked the wiki. Only 3 stacks needed for -1 AP. This could have been useful before it was nerfed :lol:

Why is he nerfing anyway? Such a useless waste of time 4 months after release. Would be better of writing new stuff.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I know man. But you need to stab with a serrated knife which has overall inferior stats. Just checked the wiki. Only 3 stacks needed for -1 AP. This could have been useful before it was nerfed :lol:
Yeah, it's weaker but still hurts, just doesn't crit as hard. You're only going to attack with it 2 or 3 times on first target anyway.

And yeah...RIP TfB

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
So I really don't want to read this whole thread but whats the consensus on Oddity vs Classic XP? I just started and didn't realize I was playing in oddity until I picked up the notes in the power station.

Is it a pain or doesn't it matter?

ST'Ranger

Augur
So I really don't want to read this whole thread but whats the consensus on Oddity vs Classic XP? I just started and didn't realize I was playing in oddity until I picked up the notes in the power station.

Is it a pain or doesn't it matter?

Oddity is so much better, since as long as I can remember it existing. The game was designed around it, and many have complained about imbalances in the Classic XP since release.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Yeah I'm going to stick with it. Got to say getting no XP for the rat culling I'm doing is kind of a bummer though.

ST'Ranger

Augur
No reason to do so without the artificial nag of XP. Just carry on with more important things.

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
If you wanna play pistolero take expertise. It is a must have for that spec.

With pistole you want max dex and per. With sniper/AR you only want per and some str. So you shouldn't make this decission mid game.

It's ok if I were to choose snipper I just need to find one Strenght point (I have 4) I guess. It possible, isn't it ? I remember I was given one stat point at level 3.

Dwarvophile Underrail is game where min maxing is good idea. That being said aimed shot, quick tinkering, marksman, deadly snares, snipe and opportunist works very well on crossbow build.Way things are now, crossbow build is stronger then gunslinger (pistols), thanks to special bolts.

Ok. And crossbows obviously more adapted to stealth/infiltration build. The only weakness seems to be when ennemy is getting closer. That's when guns usually saves my char's ass.

finally stuck to one build long enough to play more than a couple of hours in. Just got past Depot A which was a pleasantly tough build-check dungeon and now I'm ready to venture out into the world properly. Game owns

I still want a fucking run button though

Ziem

Arbiter
If the walking speed really bothers you so much use a speedhack and run the game on 1.5 speed or something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom