Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

jackofshadows

Magister
iBgArRL.jpg

What the fuck is this shit?!! Damn, dominating is really brutal. Silent isle... just forget about it. So either up 80 lockpick or taking out this thing? Well or whack scrappers somehow...

At least I saved up some money so can craft really nice rifle or just buy it (craft skills kinda low).

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
iBgArRL.jpg

What the fuck is this shit?!! Damn, dominating is really brutal. Silent isle... just forget about it. So either up 80 lockpick or taking out this thing? Well or whack scrappers somehow...

At least I saved up some money so can craft really nice rifle or just buy it (craft skills kinda low).

You should play smarter -throw a HE/frag grenade to kill mines, close the door. Wait until the drone drop aggro. Open the doors again, throw emp grenade, rush the locker, take the stuff and rush again to doors, and close them. Problem solved.

jackofshadows

Magister
You should play smarter -throw a HE/frag grenade to kill mines, close the door. Wait until the drone drop aggro. Open the doors again, throw emp grenade, rush the locker, take the stuff and rush again to doors, and close them. Problem solved.
Yeah, I did exactly that (well, electrokinesis instead of emp) after first attempt to cheese via forcefield but nuh-uh now, that fucker destroyed it in one turn and even made one shot at me :(

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Found the "Free Candies" area, ha ha. It wasn't that bad, actually. Thick Skull really helps there, as 10 CON and Juggernaut. Cleared the upper level, but this Black Crawler below is just too much. I probably can kill him in three bursts, but detecting him is pain. Molotovs, you say?

ciox

Liturgist
oh wow, speaking of machines, missed that/it was added later
https://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Rust_Maker
afaik this is only way of applying rust debug pre dc. Never used it, is it possible to render mechanical enemies useless?

Rust acid is not the same as corrosive acid, it just does 35% extra damage against machines. You can rush to get some from the black sea if you want, nothing to do with DC.

So, that weapon doesn't look like it's that great vs. heavy enemies, maybe if you use the knife version at high DEX.

Alexios

Augur
Patron
Is anyone else suddenly having graphical problems on the GOG version? I can't seem to run the game in fullscreen without issues unless I'm at native resolution.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
The hobo shotgun doesnt feel so strong against serpent people attacks on the camp. Get wrecked by their crossbows, i guess a sniper, or shotgun build with heavy metal armor could do. Ive just murdered the aegis forefront, and stole a bike. This play through will be pirate from the start :(

jackofshadows

Magister
After hitting 10 lvl and finally taking shooting spree sniper already became AWESOME. Of course, I'm still struggling from time to time because bloat is real here thus I need a better rifle but overall - can't wait to overcome grind, craft some sick gear and off to face expedition and end game challenges :salute:

jackofshadows

Magister
Found a sneaky way around depot A
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/398609044
You need effective stealth skill of 100 and above to pull this off. You also need 60 hacking. If you dont have hacking, your best bet is to kill sentries near the room with two plasma turrets, open one of the rooms near[55 hacking, 52 effective with junkyard surprise] throw emp nade into the plasma turrets, blitz into room[or use that ventilation shaft] steal the keycard from locker and gtfo to the room, before plasma sentry arrives.
This is quite outdated: you cannot enter vents in combat, enter combat+stealth walk abuse seems also got nerfed as well and most importantly, on dominating the key is guarded by this:
E25C021AC18408FAF8EE4B3EB613243D8391503A

It was the point where I couldn't cheese anymore with a fucking shoddy shotgun so I had to just buy some nice rifle in Junktown and get back to gun these down.

Unfortunately, cannot edit prev post but basically I was too excited. COME ON, STYG! Shooting Spree turns out too cool so now restore of AP is only happen once
:negative:

Last edited:

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Lunatic Psychopaths are just too much bullshit. On first turn they cast Mental Breakdown which is not mitigated by Thick Skull, then they cast two doppelgangers and then fight is finished. 500 HP go away like fart in the wind.

Cool, no way to protect yourself without Will, no way to damage Doppelgangers without Neural Overload, even Morphine Shot is kinda useless, it works for three turns and Doppelgangers stay for five. So it is kill the bastard in the first turn, or reload.

jackofshadows

Magister
Computer in the rightmost corner, if I recall correctly, Level 3 access allows you to disable turrets.
Yeah, you're correct. Now I remember: I did that before but this time check was too high even I pumped hacking every time untill that point.

jackofshadows

Magister
It probably scales with skill. I have 40 now since playing as hybrid so it usually couldn't stop mobs even for 1 turn i.e. basically useless. But on max? Who knows.

Sheepherder

Augur
Dodge/evasion on Dominating:

Imagine a smelly, dark bathroom in an army base, full of soldiers, covered in glitter, scared shitless after an autistic screech.
In the corner cubicle, dancing on the rims of a toilet is a skinny dude clad in skin-tight leather. The walls behind him are covered in bullet holes.
The soldiers are unloading burst after burst into the skinny dude and the guy is evading all of it while ripping their friends apart with fucky time magic.
WjVUm0a.jpg

Sykar

Arcane
Computer in the rightmost corner, if I recall correctly, Level 3 access allows you to disable turrets.
Yeah, you're correct. Now I remember: I did that before but this time check was too high even I pumped hacking every time untill that point.

Hacking 60 is required iirc.

Lunatic Psychopaths are just too much bullshit. On first turn they cast Mental Breakdown which is not mitigated by Thick Skull, then they cast two doppelgangers and then fight is finished. 500 HP go away like fart in the wind.

Cool, no way to protect yourself without Will, no way to damage Doppelgangers without Neural Overload, even Morphine Shot is kinda useless, it works for three turns and Doppelgangers stay for five. So it is kill the bastard in the first turn, or reload.

Dominating is a pretty shitty stat bloat difficulty to satisfy power gaming munchkins who abuse any exploit and weakness to the max. You are essentially required to have indepth metagaming knowledge to beat it or enjoy reloading. A lot. Pity that Styg went the laziest way to increase difficulty which also breaks in part at least suspension of disblelief. It is why 70 effective persuasion is a must for me because fuck the tunnels to the harbour warehouse.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom