Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Nah, I tested it. I even tried to leave with a jetski and it was the same. Maybe if you can sneak by the soldiers in the docks (and don't come there again) you'll be OK, but it's a tough call. Be sure to have an earlier save.
So, I killed every protectorate soldier in the docks, left through the front door, Core city doesn't care.

Tygrende

Arbiter
Mind sharing your build?
In hindsight, I would only go as far as 120 effective persuasion if you want to pass all checks and put the remaining points into mercantile instead. Replace increased constitution with psycho-temporal acceleration if you don't necessarily want more survivability. And after the recent changes, I would take shooting spree asap, which is level 10, so even before sharpshooter. Your first 5 spec points should also go into shooting spree, then the rest into crit power.
9fMdLLA.png

Tygrende

Arbiter
Pig leather has extremaly good mech DR for the armor penalty. Mech DR is great against big chunks of damage compared to DT, but get it high enough and it becomes really good against all mech damage in general. Add high density padding and it gets stupid good against melee. The HP bonus from high quality infused leather is also dummy high and HP universally works against everything including psi, so overall you end up with a really protective piece of armor for the weight that works against a lot of things you have to watch out for. Death stalkers, psi users, you could even swallow an aimed shot from a sniper and survive.

You could go with rat leather if you want to be a glass cannon. I have the mindset of trying to reload as little as possible, so I find that even as a sniper you get hit often enough where increased survivability is great. As for tac vests, they're pretty underwhelming. You can't get a whole ton of DT without making them heavy with rifle plates and shields typically provide enough protection from guns. Regen vest is nice for longer fights, but burst damage from things like death stalkers or enemy snipers is typically more dangerous.

Y1abIlC.png

c1NvqYm.png

Tygrende

Arbiter
lower cooldown on limited temporal increment -> lower cooldown on aimed shot and shooting spree -> moar aimed shots and shots in general

Sykar

Arcane
The sniper nerf was compensated for with a huge shooting spree buff that came right after in the next patch. Snipers are still much less consistent, but potentially able to kill a lot more enemies in a very short amount of time. It's actually hard to say whether they are overall weaker or stronger than before.

Mind sharing your build?

Shooting Spree has been significantly nerfed so do not expect this kind of performance.

Tygrende

Arbiter
You can still get this kind of performance with maxed out specializations, actually. My shooting spree had an 8 turn cooldown in those webms because I didn't have the spec points to reduce it to 6, now you can reduce it from 10 to 8. You can still get 2 refunded shots with just one spec point.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I don't understand the reasoning for these changes.

The game's main issues are with the pacing in both Expedition and Deep Caverns.

Jezal_k23

I would also add as a problem that the Scrappers have no relevancy outside of Junkyard, so it's a shit faction to be allied with.

Also if it's not been addressed, something should be done about how fast the AI turns against you after walking into your molotov flame because they chose to.

jackofshadows

Magister
JKK are only worth for crossbow builds, Coretech for energy pistols[everything else mediocre], Praetorian for guns

If you play gun based characters its more important to joint protectorate to get +10% damage from gun oil which is cheap. 50 sniper shots is a lot.
Oil is also sells at Protectorate's Fort.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Weapon durability is the other pain in the ass. One shot takes how much - around 6 points of it? It's manageable, but tedious as fuck: after each battle collect all metal items, recycle cheap ones, make advanced repair kits, repair, go on. And this shit is heavy: with each kit weighting 2.0, you can easily amass like 20.0 or 30.0 of them for a ride.

I know a solution: INT 7, Disassemble, 5 spec points in it, but yeah, I definitely going to waste so much character development to get rid of repair.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I never did the expansion, it is good?

The Expansion certainly is fun, but ends kind of abrupt, and feels abit unfinished towards the end. I loved the digging for old shit premise, but as I said it felt unfinished, too bad.

What happend to the old world could have been explored alot more in detail, maybe in another expansionn or the new game.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
So far intimidation and yell seems completely useless on dominating. LVL 13, 131 effective intimidation and enemies just hit me like before. They probably have 300 effective skill and that 40 you take it absolutely nothing. Another wasted skill.

What happend to the old world could have been explored alot more in detail, maybe in another expansionn or the new game.

New expansion/new game will focus on that slavic yugo theme i bet. North Underrail will be at war with these slavaboos.

Trash Player

Scholar
So far intimidation and yell seems completely useless on dominating. LVL 13, 131 effective intimidation and enemies just hit me like before. They probably have 300 effective skill and that 40 you take it absolutely nothing. Another wasted skill.
The base chance to hit is 70% at 1:1 attack to defence ratio, cap at 10% minimum at 1:3 for ranged and 40% minimum at 1:2 for melee.
A lv15 toon have 110+ attack from 8 stat on normal. Stronger ones easily have more. DOM makes it worse but it is not very good in the first place.

Sheepherder

Augur
Yell is not as terrible as it may seem. Apart from lowering enemy hit chance it also lowers their damage. Because regardless of your dodge/evasion and other enemy hit% lowering effects, the absolute minimal hit% is capped at 10% for both melee and ranged. So getting hit is inevitable.
As for dominating, enemies have inflated skills, so it takes a lot more effort to reduce their hit% to the 10%, stats+skills are not enough for that.
I'm finishing up a dodge/evasion, Temporal Manipulation only wizard and for dodge/evasion to be effective I need to wear infused greater siphoner armor/tabis, use jumping beans, cloaking device, precognition, boxing gloves, yell and chemhaze grenades.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom